Jodi Arias Trial discussion, #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
couldn't help but share this! :lol:

Nancy Grace ‏@NancyGraceHLN
If every man who dreamed of a woman wearing a french maid costume were arrested—there would be no men left #JodiArias
Retweeted 48 times
Expand

HA!

NG covered a story about an obese man on death row who was pardonned from execution because of his weight (I believe the hashtag was #toofatToDie). She was not happy that he "got out of it".

However she made clear that her problem was not with obesity,
Her comment was something like, "It's not like I care if someone's fat, if being fat was a crime - I'd have multiple life sentences!"

Said with a straight face, big eyes, her sparkly little barette, and a side-pony.

What a character.

Good question!

That could let us know the direction of the ejected shell casing, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was thinking that we could find out the expected distance (how long of a distance does the casing travel) of the shell casing and yes the direction too.

That's typically how these cases work. :(

They do, but I think they might run the risk of pushing her squeaky clean victim image too far especially with all of the incriminating evidence against her. There's such a thing as pouring it on too heavy. I've seen that here so far.

Not sure if this has any info we didn't already know (I can't watch it right now - at work :( ) Maybe someone else could view and see if there's something new? TIA to all my friends at Websleuths!! http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/jodi-arias-murder-trial-arizonia-woman-allegedly-killed-18159801

if there is evidence of that nature then it will come in the states rebuttal case after Jodi's team tries the Jodi is the victim here and Travis was a deviant defense. I don't envy Jodi's attys they have a messy business ahead of them. They have to trash a dead victim and have a mountain of evidence against them and much of it is probably character evidence.

fingerprint dude supposed to be on the stand today per insession

They do, but I think they might run the risk of pushing her squeaky clean victim image too far especially with all of the incriminating evidence against her. There's such a thing as pouring it on too heavy. I've seen that here so far.

after that phone call they played with detectives anything they try to do to humanize her will be like putting perfume on a pig:twocents:

Chris Williams ‏@chriswnews
#JodiArias judge wants to ban cell phones & possibly tablets & laptops so no one can tweet or fb in court. BTW I'm outside ctroom. #Arias

If someone posted this over the weekend and I missed it, my apologies.

From a FB page in support of Travis' family and friends:

Jodi Arias wrote this in the guestbook for Travis after his death. Does this sound like a victim of abuse?

June 14, 2008

Travis, what can I say to you that I haven't already said? I am so grateful for the endless hours of conversation and amazing experiences we've shared. Thank you for having the courage to share the Gospel with me. You've had one of the greatest impacts on my life, and have forever altered it's course for the better. I love you, my friend, and always will.

~ Jodi Arias, Yreka, California

What I understood is that the bullet lodged in his left cheek, and it was the shell casing they found on the bathroom floor. All the more reason to think he was shot in the bathroom.

He was definitely in the bathroom when he was shot. And it doesn't appear by the pictures of his adjoining walk in closet that any of the struggle took place there. There was nothing out of place (it's remarkably neat for a man) and the closet had carpet and there was no sign of a single drop of blood.

But based off the huge pool of blood at the end of the hallway in the bathroom towards the master bathroom Travis was on the ground and bleeding. Because the carpet leading into the bathroom looks soaked.

ETA I tend to think he was shot INSIDE the shower.

Well, are they starting late or am I in the wrong place. See court seal. ?

So JA is asking that the court not allow cellphones, tablets, tweeting, or updates from the courtroom . . . .but she knows it is being televised? OK . . . . um . . . . what part of that makes sense to her?

after that phone call they played with detectives anything they try to do to humanize her will be like putting perfume on a pig:twocents:

I just keep thinking wasn't that done in Casey Anthony trial. Those phone calls home:furious:

No, not that one. The one I am talking about is on HLN but the pictures are all over on that sight and not in one location. I have the one you are talking about.

Where can we find that picture???????

So JA is asking that the court not allow cellphones, tablets, tweeting, or updates from the courtroom . . . .but she knows it is being televised? OK . . . . um . . . . what part of that makes sense to her?

Believe it or not the striking of any keys, be it tablet or laptop or cell, is distracting

ETA: oops I missed the part that JA is asking??????

It's probably her claims of domestic violence that most make me doubt any validity to her story. From everything I understand about intimate partner violence, its after-effects, and the psychology behind it there is just no way an abuse victim would be returning to their abuser in another state over a year later. Especially without a marriage or children.

(I get a little furious when people on trial claim abuse and it's evident there wasn't any though - it makes it that much harder for those truly experiencing such to have their voices heard. :()

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
liskfanatic63