Jodi Arias trial discussion #21 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching TruTv and Juan's cross exam of Lisa, you can tell he prepared his witness well.

Here is the trial schedule (as of today):

2/4/2013 10:30 Trial
2/5/2013 10:30 Trial
2/6/2013 10:30 Trial
2/6/2013 10:30 Evidentiary Hearing
2/7/2013 10:30 Trial

2/11/2013 10:30 Trial
2/12/2013 10:30 Trial
2/13/2013 10:30 Trial
2/13/2013 13:30 Evidentiary Hearing

I live in Mississippi and I was wondering if someone could tell me what time court starts :dunno:

It seems like I always miss the beginning :furious:

TIA

I hate these extended weekends! I almost lost my eyesight from fatigue in reading the pages and finally had to give it up.

I want today to start by having the judge settle the brouhaha over those pics shown at the end of the session on Friday.

Of course, there is every possibility that this was or will be settled in chambers prior to the start of today's session. That's one thing I really dislike. If there's an objection on the record, the information should be aired in public.

As it is, we've been left with too many cases where we never have a clue as to the judge's decisions made in chambers or at side bar. We have to listen carefully to what happens as testimony begins today.

goodmorning carol2,
1230 EST

eta: I meant to say rosemary!

(nurse needs more coffee)

Short YouTube video (30 seconds)
In-Session's Possible Timeline/Re-enactment of Travis Alexander's death:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDoqhIxusio

I have seen that before and it is ridicules imo. That splatter at the sink could only be done with Travis standing there coughing up blood not by a gunshot while dead from a slit throat. jmo. Plus, a child could have come up with that re-enactment, surely they could do better.

I hate these extended weekends! I almost lost my eyesight from fatigue in reading the pages and finally had to give it up.

I want today to start by having the judge settle the brouhaha over those pics shown at the end of the session on Friday.

Of course, there is every possibility that this was or will be settled in chambers prior to the start of today's session. That's one thing I really dislike. If there's an objection on the record, the information should be aired in public.

As it is, we've been left with too many cases where we never have a clue as to the judge's decisions made in chambers or at side bar. We have to listen carefully to what happens as testimony begins today.
hopefully they got it all resolved (computer guy and sex tape stuff) after the lunch break (when the judge booted everyone out)

what I don't understand is why they are having evidentiary hearings NOW. I thought that was part of pre trial stuff.

Good Morning :seeya:

I got no sleep, worrying about this trial :mad: but I am wishing for justice for TA and his loved ones!

Oh, JA please take the stand today :please:

:newhere: and of course :moo:

:wagon:to WebSleuths:websleuther:

:cheer::cheer:Rosemary !!:cheer::cheer:

:cheers:

We're glad you're here!

A few days ago I asked who JA was staring at and the answer was her mom. I wonder if there is any video of her mom looking back at JA. The reason I ask is other than her smirk when Lisa said Travis was cheating with JA I have never seen any expression on JA's face. I have seen her hide her face and cry, well I guess that's what she's doing. I wonder if her mom is using sign language to communicate with her.

Hey Tigerbalm, feel free to add these to your trial summary/recap links post that you put at the top of each thread.

A few days ago I asked who JA was staring at and the answer was her mom. I wonder if there is any video of her mom looking back at JA. The reason I ask is other than her smirk when Lisa said Travis was cheating with JA I have never seen any expression on JA's face. I have seen her hide her face and cry, well I guess that's what she's doing. I wonder if her mom is using sign language to communicate with her.

I think she is smirking when she looks at Travis' family too.

I posted this before but didn't get much response. Any thoughts?:
On the practical side of things, how would she record the phone call? I assume that back in 2007, Jodi and Travis were using cell phones for the free (included) long distance. Or at least whoever initiated the call placed it on their cell phone. What kind of recording device would you use? Your home answering machine (with a beep every 10 seconds?!) Will the cell phone itself do it? If so, I would assume that it would require one of these newer mega microSD cards to hold the conversation. The large capacity microSD cards (16 GB, 32 GB) were not available in 2007. Please don't tell me she was doing it on a cassette deck with a microphone?

It crossed my mind that someone who wishes to portray Arias in a bad light is responsible for the auction. I mean, the religious charity connection, the style that's nothing like what Arias has sold before of a crime scene photo? Kind of like someone is saying "Hey, look at what she 'painted' in 2008!" in an attempt to polarize people even more. Judging from the reactions here, it's been assumed it's at least a confederate of JA... So looks like its working if that's the intent.

:twocents:

If she painted this in 2008 and was claiming at the time that someone murdered him and she left the scene while he was alive how could she know what the crime scene photos looked like unless she was there herself. It appears to be the crime scene photo of Travis as he was found in the shower. Only other person who would have seen that in 2008 would have been JA. If it is from 2008 wouldn't this have been important evidence for the police??? If it were drawn by Jodi before her arrest did her family conceal it from the police? I would think if anything they would have destroyed it. Only a sick mind would hold onto something like that.

I'm really surprised eBay has such low standards. Seems that reproducing crime scene photos in any way, shape or form, should be prohibited by law. Those photos belong to the police department and I'm sure they did not give permission for this photo to be reproduced and certainly not for retail purposes. Now if it were painted by Jodi from memory there is little anyone can do about it except complain to eBay. jmo

It crossed my mind that someone who wishes to portray Arias in a bad light is responsible for the auction. I mean, the religious charity connection, the style that's nothing like what Arias has sold before of a crime scene photo? Kind of like someone is saying "Hey, look at what she 'painted' in 2008!" in an attempt to polarize people even more. Judging from the reactions here, it's been assumed it's at least a confederate of JA... So looks like its working if that's the intent.

:twocents:

Hi, m00c0w -- I can't find this one on ebay -- how is it listed so that I can search for it? TIA!

Good morning! Hope everyone had a great weekend.
I can't wait to see what the defense has in store this week, should be interesting.

I'm off to accomplish as much as possible before noon. Lol

I posted this before but didn't get much response. Any thoughts?:
On the practical side of things, how would she record the phone call? I assume that back in 2007, Jodi and Travis were using cell phones for the free (included) long distance. Or at least whoever initiated the call placed it on their cell phone. What kind of recording device would you use? Your home answering machine (with a beep every 10 seconds?!) Will the cell phone itself do it? If so, I would assume that it would require one of these newer mega microSD cards to hold the conversation. The large capacity microSD cards (16 GB, 32 GB) were not available in 2007. Please don't tell me she was doing it on a cassette deck with a microphone?

Someone posted in the last thread that back in 2007 they owned something that connected to their cell phone and recorded the phone conversation on both sides crystal clear.

This old medicated mind needs help on this, I’ve been in bed for the last week or so, watching the trial on IS, did I imagine it or was JA’s family actually laughing in court?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BasicallyAnxious