Joe P. - How does he factor into this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
While there is always some chance of some outside person being involved, LE's focus does come with clear and compelling reasons. The last person to have custody of the child cannot or will not explain the events of the evening with a reliable degree of truth or credibility. The scene does not match the story. The story in general does not pass the most basic sniff test, and multiple LDT's seem to support that.

It's obvious that LE does have some story from Joe, and that they do view it as a possibility. Otherwise they would not have targeted Naynay, nor would they have gone through the imense effort and expense to drain the pond. Is it possible that LE is lying to Naynay? Sure LE lies to perps in custody all the time, but they certainly wouldn't drain a pond to support a lie to an obscure witness. Could Joe by lying to LE? A strong possibility. But to what end? If what Naynay has said in 2 letters is to be believed he is placing himself at and involved in the scene of a drug party in which a child died. I am not seeing the winning play here? Even fishing for a plea bargain on whatever his current arrest is, I can't see where making a false statements about a childs murder gets him anything.

Good point there. If Joe told this story to LE in the hopes of making a deal and it turns out that LE drained a pond in a costly operation for a complete fabrication, wouldn't LE be kinda mad at him? I'm not sure how these kinds of plea deals for information work but I would assume they come with a condition that the information must actually turn out to be somehow fact-based, otherwise all crooks would make up all sorts of BS all the time to get out of their charges. How would inserting himself in the case fictitiously benefit JP?

There are kooks who confess to crimes they didn't do for weirdo thrills and Joe might perhaps be one of them but it might be that LE would know him and not take his signed affidavits too seriously if he's in the habit of confessing to everything for the notoriety.

I read her letters. I also saw his name in the letters. Someone saying someone else said someone else even further did something to Haleigh is more tangential than is logical. In fact, it is that game where someone whispers something in one person's ear and it gets passed around until the whole story is muddled.

LE has never mentioned this person as a witness, nor have we seen any signed affidavit. NayNay has been in jail quite awhile. (send money)

IMO we wouldn't see any affidavit in any case, whether it existed or not, not until LE is forced by the Sunshine laws to release information.

I'm interested in JP's reaction or non-reaction, to this information, or misinformation, as it may be. Is he in jail now or would he be able to follow the news and free to make public comments if his opinion differs?

If JP didn't say what NN wrote LE told NN Joe said, how would JP react when the claims become public? Would he deny or would he lay low and say nothing? The same question could be asked if JP said what NN claimed. How would he react to the information becoming public?

What if Joe didn't say it but the party happened and someone or something else gave LE the clue and LE didn't want to tip off NN about where they got their information and made it up about the affidavit, and she made her own conclusions about the identity of the tipster, how would Joe react then, having his name dragged into this, but knowing there was some truth to the claims?

If the party was complete crock, and story about him giving an affidavit was complete crock, would he go on quietly letting people think he's got something to do with it, thinking it's best to let it die quietly, or would he be out in major outrage denying it?

If the party was complete crock but he really made it up in a signed affidavit, what must he be thinking now?

All these scenarios make my head whirl.

Good point there. If Joe told this story to LE in the hopes of making a deal and it turns out that LE drained a pond in a costly operation for a complete fabrication, wouldn't LE be kinda mad at him? I'm not sure how these kinds of plea deals for information work but I would assume they come with a condition that the information must actually turn out to be somehow fact-based, otherwise all crooks would make up all sorts of BS all the time to get out of their charges. How would inserting himself in the case fictitiously benefit JP?

There are kooks who confess to crimes they didn't do for weirdo thrills and Joe might perhaps be one of them but it might be that LE would know him and not take his signed affidavits too seriously if he's in the habit of confessing to everything for the notoriety.
The thing that strikes me as odd is that LE has stated that they did NOT drain this pond because of Nay Nay's tip, but I'm taking this with a grain of salt. LE originally said that they drained it because of a tip from an out of state inmate. Suppose that Joe O came over to the MH that night and took Misty to a short party. The next day he went home to TN. (Btw, suppose Tommy C knew this, but admitted only to LE that he went over to the MH at 10 and not that he knew about a party?)

Was Joe O or a relative of his in jail in TN after this night? I believe so. Suppose another inmate heard some conversation about this short party and what went on, and provided the tip to LE in hopes of some benefit to himself? Suppose this got LE to start thinking about draining a pond, but weren't sure which one. Suppose this tip mentioned Joe P, so LE asked him about it and Joe P provided details and signed the affadavit. This would have confirmed the first tip and cause LE to feel justified to go ahead and drain the L-shaped pond.

I wonder what LE thinks about the letters coming to light. If there is lot of tip giving going on behind the scenes it might be that LE are not eager to have the tipsters' names broadcasted because it might lead to witness tampering and whatnot.

The thing that strikes me as odd is that LE has stated that they did NOT drain this pond because of Nay Nay's tip, but I'm taking this with a grain of salt. LE originally said that they drained it because of a tip from an out of state inmate. Suppose that Joe O came over to the MH that night and took Misty to a short party. The next day he went home to TN. (Btw, suppose Tommy C knew this, but admitted only to LE that he went over to the MH at 10 and not that he knew about a party?)

Was Joe O or a relative of his in jail in TN after this night? I believe so. Suppose another inmate heard some conversation about this short party and what went on, and provided the tip to LE in hopes of some benefit to himself? Suppose this got LE to start thinking about draining a pond, but weren't sure which one. Suppose this tip mentioned Joe P, so LE asked him about it and Joe P provided details and signed the affadavit. This would have confirmed the first tip and cause LE to feel justified to go ahead and drain the L-shaped pond.

Between the out of state inmate, Joe P.'s cutting a deal, and NayNay's letter, perhaps all mentioned a similiar scenario about what happened and the pond so LE decided to dig it up baseed on all 3 and possible more stories.
Not to mention the letter dropped off by the woman in scrubs said something about an overdosing death which fit's in with what others were saying happened.
I agree with those who mention how costly it is for LE to drain a pond, so they have to be going on some pretty solid information, or at least the same info coming from multiple different people, i would think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pechi_eupa