John Ramsey Fabricated Open Basement Window "Evidence"

Correct me if I am wrong, you are suggesting that the window was either intentionally or accidentally broken that night and that John swept up the glass because he wanted to make it look like an "inside job" (i.e. someone who had a key). Its an interesting theory, but I don't see the reasoning behind why John would want to narrow down the list of suspects to a chosen few? Why not leave the glass and make it look like a random intruder? A lot more suspects that way.

If you are going to disbelieve John's forgotten key story, I would suggest that it happened differently. Perhaps Burke hits her, then breaks the window to suggest that someone came in to the basement and killed her? But he broke the window from the inside and most of the glass went outside, so that necessitates a cleanup. It would also possibly explain how the flashlight came in to play, John needed it to see all the glass outside.

Something along those lines, yes. As you suggest, the window may have been broken from inside (So accidentally, or without thinking it through) necessitating a cleanup and making it impossible to use it as an intruder entry point. John may not have wanted to narrow the list, but what choice did he have if the window couldn't serve as the entry point? They had to have a story to explain the break, and at that point it had to become an inside job. Why not leave the glass and make it look like a random intruder? Exactly my question. They may have had what could serve as a rational explanation for how someone got into the house, so why "unstage" it, as per Doc's theory then try to make it an "inside" job ?

One more possibility is that it was broken from "outside" (e.g. the window was swung into the basement and the pane hit from the outside but they feared the pattern of glass on the floor was not convincing -ending up in the same place as your inside break idea.

With regard to Patsy knowing about the size 12s.

First, it came out sometime before the first interviews, iirc, so she must have known. Also, if my recall is working, team R required all police questions to be submitted in writing. If I'm not mixed up on that point then there simply were no surprise questions. So PR had to know about JBR being found wearing size 12s, and she must have had ample time to prepare an explanation.

With regard to Patsy knowing about the size 12s.

First, it came out sometime before the first interviews, iirc, so she must have known. Also, if my recall is working, team R required all police questions to be submitted in writing. If I'm not mixed up on that point then there simply were no surprise questions. So PR had to know about JBR being found wearing size 12s, and she must have had ample time to prepare an explanation.

Dynamic88,
Maybe she knew what the subject would be, e.g. shopping trip New York, purchases, etc, but not size-12 questions specifically.

PR can only know if she dressed JonBenet in those size-12's, if she looked herself, or someone else told her, e.g. Burke Ramsey.

Apparently none of the above happened, since Patsy's story about the size-12's did not match what detectives found in JonBenet's underwear drawer?

The real answer is that Burke Ramsey removed them and Patsy in her haste to cover for Burke, made up the story regarding JonBenet wanting them, i.e. she placed them into JonBenet's underwear drawer.

If the case was PDI, you would not need an explanation for either the size-12's or Burke's long johns since Patsy would never have staged a homicide with JonBenet dressed with those items.

when asked difficult questions regarding JonBenet for which Burke Ramsey was responsible, Patsy just made stuff up, she took a bullet for Burke.

The National Enquirer ran a story about the size-12's but it matched Patsy's after the fact discovery, i.e. nobody outside of the autopsy knew about the size-12's?

Except for JR and BR?

*snip*If the case was PDI, you would not need an explanation for either the size-12's or Burke's long johns since Patsy would never have staged a homicide with JonBenet dressed with those items.*snip*

You're very adept at left-brained thinking.

You're very adept at left-brained thinking.

icedtea4me,
Well that's the risk taking impulsive side, e.g. the kid eating the cookie, etc. My right brain is always trying to make sense of things, e.g. is it fake news, did BR sleep with JonBenet regularly?

I think my left brain wins most of the time, whilst my right brain is busy with dreams of reason.

Right-brain would be more creative (e.g. free association).

The evidence points to the broken basement window as part of the crime scene. Not from an intruder.
The window was broken sometime on Christmas night.

John, Patsy, and Burke all have different versions of how and when the window was broken.

John, Patsy, and Burke all have different versions of how and when the window was broken.

The Police have not found broken glass in the house. They were searching somewhat closely.

Maybe it was connected with 23rd.

Are you sure people working for Ramseys do not remember it broken in Dec?

It doesn't look like a fresh thing.

I was rather thinking about an old break with someone using this window from time to time.

That is the reason the Police checking the spiderweb is interesting.

Broken glass from wine cellar (13KKY)

Plus, the piece of glass that was on the suitcase.

No. LHP told the police they never told her about a broken window in the basement.

JR tried to distance himself from the broken window all day long on the 26th. This behavior is revealing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Was It not fixed because they never asked to fix it?

I do not want to search at the moment but they have a dedicated person to do such works.

I think I met somewhere information that he was asked to fix the window.

LHP was doing laundry in the basement sometimes.

No. LHP told the police they never told her about a broken window in the basement.

JR tried to distance himself from the broken window all day long on the 26th. This behavior is revealing.

Cottonstar,
The glass on the suitcase was put there by Fleet White on his solo trip in basement. IMO the broken window is prior staging, by whomever killed JonBenet.

This was amended to become the wine-cellar crime-scene, so JR invents a story about breaking the window himself, just like the samsonite suitcase, and the chair blocking the doorway, etc.

All shows how all three Ramseys colluded including, I slept all night Burke Ramsey.

Perhaps we simply have a different definition of "distancing himself," but him admitting to breaking the window himself is the exact opposite of "distancing himself" from it; and if memory serves, he admitted that on the 26th.

Perhaps we simply have a different definition of "distancing himself," but him admitting to breaking the window himself is the exact opposite of "distancing himself" from it; and if memory serves, he admitted that on the 26th.

He didn’t want police near the window that day. He said to FW he may have broken it that summer. He told no one of the window while they were at the house that day. He didn’t break it in the summer.

He didn’t want police near the window that day. He said to FW he may have broken it that summer. He told no one of the window while they were at the house that day. He didn’t break it in the summer.

Are you saying police didn't know about it on the 26th? Because that would be news to me and also very hard to believe. Police were down there and they searched the basement -- we know this, by the officer being unable to open the wine cellar door. Granted, the window was in a different area, but why would the cop not search the entire basement?

Are you saying police didn't know about it on the 26th? Because that would be news to me and also very hard to believe. Police were down there and they searched the basement -- we know this, by the officer being unable to open the wine cellar door. Granted, the window was in a different area, but why would the cop not search the entire basement?

No one knew while they were at the house. He may have mentioned it to LA that night or the next when she came by the Fernie’s for an interview.

No one knew while they were at the house. He may have mentioned it to LA that night or the next when she came by the Fernie’s for an interview.

FW knew during the kidnapping stage, and it's a good bet to assume the cop who searched the basement (before the body was found) knew. I disagree that the police didn't know about the window that day. They would have been looking for points of entry.

The police did know about the window and told JR about it at the Fernie's on the evening of the 26th, according to a police report featured on the Dateline doc.

Here are the screenshots I was able to get of that report:

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• DL_PoliceReport1.jpg
    DL_PoliceReport1.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 309
  • DL_PoliceReport2.jpg
    DL_PoliceReport2.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 309
This event occurred not on the night of the 26th, but on the night of December 27th. Also, notice how the police had to tell JR about the broken window.

JR, never told anyone from LE about the broken window. The police did not know about it on the 26th. When they were filming crime scene video late that night after the search warrants were signed, they captured the window on camera.

It wasn’t until the next night on Dec. 27th, that Arndt told JR about the window.

THOMAS: And you mentioned when you went down in the morning, the 26th, and it was unlatched, did that strike you as odd or did you bring that to anybody's attention?

Great question Steve!

JOHN(stutters a little): I, I don’t know. I mean when I was, I think, yeah, I think it probably struck me as a little odd, but it wasn’t, I mean sometimes that window would be open because the basement got hot, or one of those windows would be opened. So it wasn't...

Note John doesn't answer this question

THOMAS: Did you bring the (unlatched/broken) window to anybody’s attention?

Also note that John makes a ludicrous claim.

He suggests that it was normal to have the window open because it sometimes got hot in the basement. Really? When it was 9 Degrees and snowing lightly outside? In mid-winter, at night, while committing murder it got hot in the basement?

Although John doesn’t answer the question about informing police about the open/ broken window when grilled by the cops, look at how he answers the same question when Larry King asks him. This is the Ramseys on CNN in March 2000.

KING: In the book, you write about the suitcase and the open basement window, but the police say you never told them about it.

JOHN: That’s false. PATSY: False.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AMK