JonBenét: An American Murder Mystery September 12-14 10/9C On Investigation Disovery

I am Pacific Daylight Time. I have Comcast Xfinity. They list tonight's Investigation Discovery program playing at 7 PM for one hour, and again at 9 PM for an hour. I don't know if this helps anyone.

That seems really unusual, especially after being announced for so long and with so much publicity, but after reading Lin Wood Twitter and how litigious he seems, it is hard not to wonder if this is part of it, as others have mentioned.

I also wondered when I read CBS was doing this series, which seemed set to push buttons, about this aspect.

It is one thing for Netflix to do this type series; it is quite another for CBS, a corporate, very establishment channel...to do so. And while the series may be bold no matter what from the description, and continue to be, I can see why this network might back down under threat way more easily. But that was, presumably, why they did this to begin with: because it was bold, more like recent series which have garnered respect, attention, and been ground breaking. It was pretty clear what the intent of the show was. The scaling back of time certainly sends a bizarre signal. Thanks for the information.

Yes very odd
Maybe some expert comment edited

I agree Merribe. This is very strange.

Let's hope and pray it is NOT because of Lin Wood and has more to do with the glut of JBR shows and CBS deciding to give that last hour to another, more profitable show.

This is one time I hope it comes down to corporate greed and wanting more money for the two hours and the only way to get the money was to dump the last 2 hours and replace with another show more appealing to the advertisers.

I hope so too, tho seems so unusual. I am not sure where the boundaries are with litigation but discussing theories based on evidence in a case I would think would be permissible to begin with (although does seem possible they got nervous ... but we will see).

http://nypost.com/2016/09/12/jonbenet-ramsey-series-questions-key-dna-evidence/

The three-part series also casts doubt on the DNA evidence used to exonerate the Ramsey family — parents John and Patsy, and son Burke — in 2008.

Supporting that claim is Gordon Coombes, who worked as an investigator in the Boulder County district attorney’s office — though not directly on the JonBenet case — from 2008 to 2011. He joined the office under DA Mary Lacy when they were testing the victim’s long johns for “touch” DNA. According to Coombes, during this time, Lacy used to host occasional lunchtime sessions for the staff to make the case, internally, that JonBenet was killed by an intruder — which struck the former cop as odd.

“I was told when I went to the DA’s office, ‘Don’t voice against the intruder theory because you may be forced out if you don’t fall in line. If you don’t believe in it just keep your mouth shut,’ ” Coombes tells The Post. “It just seemed weird the whole premise of … this attempt to influence the entire agency.”

“We all shed DNA all the time within our skin cells. It can be deposited anywhere at any time for various reasons, reasons that are benign,” Coombes says. “To clear somebody just on the premise of touch DNA, especially when you have a situation where the crime scene wasn’t secure at the beginning . . . really is a stretch.”

I bolded that part. We know that's what happened to Kolar, don't we? Confirmed my suspicions.

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/cbs-jonbenet-ramsey-1201858136/

CBS Scales Back JonBenet Ramsey Miniseries Plans
September 12, 2016

"CBS has cut its planned true-crime special about the murder of JonBenet Ramsey from six hours to four. The move comes as a glut of projects investigating the 1996 murder of the six-year-old beauty-pageant contestant make their way to television.

Production on “The Case Of: JonBenet Ramsey” wrapped earlier this month. Producers and network executives subsequently came to the decision that, given the material gathered, the project would make more sense as a tighter, two-part, four-hour miniseries than as a more languid six hours spread out over three parts. The move frees up valuable real estate in the fall schedule as CBS looks to launch its new primetime season.

Part one of “The Case Of” will premiere, as originally planned, Sunday, Sept. 18 at 8:30 p.m. ET and 8 p.m. PT, with part two following Monday, Sept. 19 at 9 p.m. CBS will no longer air a third installment, as previously scheduled, on Sunday, Sept. 25. Filling that schedule space, CBS will expand the season premiere of “NCIS: Los Angeles” — making its debut on a new night — from one hour to two, with back-to-back episodes beginning at 8:30 p.m. ET and 8 p.m. PT. The network will close out the night with an hour of reruns."

I know there are some people who will claim this proves that CBS was scared off by either Wood or the "new" disinformation campaign. Still, if it presents a tighter narrative, that's probably good.

Let's hope and pray it is NOT because of Lin Wood and has more to do with the glut of JBR shows and CBS deciding to give that last hour to another, more profitable show.

This is one time I hope it comes down to corporate greed and wanting more money for the two hours and the only way to get the money was to dump the last 2 hours and replace with another show more appealing to the advertisers.

I agree. It's disappointing, but TV executives make these decisions all the time with money as a motive. If someone comes out and says why they did it, then we'll have proof. Not until then. If they think it will be less boring, I can support the idea.

http://nypost.com/2016/09/12/jonbenet-ramsey-series-questions-key-dna-evidence/

The three-part series also casts doubt on the DNA evidence used to exonerate the Ramsey family — parents John and Patsy, and son Burke — in 2008.

Supporting that claim is Gordon Coombes, who worked as an investigator in the Boulder County district attorney’s office — though not directly on the JonBenet case — from 2008 to 2011. He joined the office under DA Mary Lacy when they were testing the victim’s long johns for “touch” DNA. According to Coombes, during this time, Lacy used to host occasional lunchtime sessions for the staff to make the case, internally, that JonBenet was killed by an intruder — which struck the former cop as odd.

“I was told when I went to the DA’s office, ‘Don’t voice against the intruder theory because you may be forced out if you don’t fall in line. If you don’t believe in it just keep your mouth shut,’ ” Coombes tells The Post. “It just seemed weird the whole premise of … this attempt to influence the entire agency.”

“We all shed DNA all the time within our skin cells. It can be deposited anywhere at any time for various reasons, reasons that are benign,” Coombes says. “To clear somebody just on the premise of touch DNA, especially when you have a situation where the crime scene wasn’t secure at the beginning . . . really is a stretch.”

Did anyone else catch this:

"But when current Boulder DA Stan Garnett was elected in 2009 and took over the case, Coombes says he became aware of a mishandling of the DNA testing, that “They had deviated and dropped down to four markers as opposed to the standard [13]” usually used in forensic analysis."

HOLY S**T!

Did anyone else catch this:

"But when current Boulder DA Stan Garnett was elected in 2009 and took over the case, Coombes says he became aware of a mishandling of the DNA testing, that “They had deviated and dropped down to four markers as opposed to the standard [13]” usually used in forensic analysis."

HOLY S**T!

yes need to know more about this.

I learned a few things! Since I haven't closely followed the case this entire time, much I had forgotten or maybe never knew. It kept my interest, and I'm eager to see the rest! Has convinced me to purchase the books authors have written about this case when I see them in Goodwill the next time!

I think the dr. Phil-Burke interviews may bring us to approximately this conclusion .....

After coming home from the Whites XMAS party everybody eventually went to bed ..... later Burke sneaked down to the basement to peek at the unopened gifts to be opened at the second Christmas party at the lake-cottage with Johns other children .... Jonbenet also came downstairs and angered Burke because she saw him snooping and threatened to tell .... and he hit her on the head ..... parents found out , did the coverup garrotte and ransom note ...

We know Burke was in the (hardly used) basement that evening because his new train set was spread out on the floor , he had just got it for Xmas earlier that day. Burke had been sent back to bed without knowing he killed his sister .... he knew he hit her but he had also hit her once before with a golfclub and it did not kill her ....

The next morning he likely also believed the parents kidnap story , jonbenet was obviously not in the house and Burke knew he had not moved her , ... and later when he did find out she was dead he likely thought the kidnappers did it ... thus in his mind he truly does not think or know he did it ... and he certainly knows he did not do the garrotte .... and I suspect later if he ever mentioned (to the parents) that he hit his sister they would convince him he must have dreamed it as a nightmare sideffect from the first time he actually did hit her with the golf club. .

I repeat , Burke truly does not know he killed jonbenet and can say so truthfully , the parents had no real choice but to cover up the fact their son killed their daughter , it would destroy their social standing , appearances were everything to the Ramsey's , and the truth be told they (the parents) did not kill JB either , the blow to the head would have done most of it , the garrote just finished it , ....

Summary ..... the parents were truthful denying they killed her , and Burke does not realize he did , the coverup is (was) the crime and where the untruths come into play .

Arnie - the problem with your theory is that BR knows whether he hit her on the head or not and at age 29, he should be able to put 2 and 2 together.

I think that could be it. They are having NCIS premiere a week earlier now, and that show does 20 million viewers, so they probably see it as the solid choice when it comes to competing against the other networks.

Another possibility is that because of all the shows and publicity on JonBenet, it can be assumed that anyone who tunes into this show probably knows the basic information so maybe a lot of that could be cut down.

Even though we saw Lin Wood tweeting threats to CBS, we have to assume these threats have probably been going on for months. So is it just a coincidence that after we see the tweets, they scale it down? They had to know there was a possibility of being sued since it was filmed, and they were still ready to go ahead with it.

Arnie - the problem with your theory is that BR knows whether he hit her on the head or not and at age 29, he should be able to put 2 and 2 together.

Fair enough , but until now he has not been asked that question as an adult .... this interview with Dr Phil is his first .... and in Phil's teaser-previews he hints that "something obvious" will emerge after watching the show(s) and a lot of the other ambiguities (uncertainties) will be put to rest .... including the pineapple and boot print .

My theory would fit everything , because the parents never fit the criteria of being monsters who would kill their child , nor would Burke knowingly do it ... (hit-maybe) (kill-no) ..... and in order to protect young Burke from the (presumably accidental) killing it would make sense why the parents would send him to bed and then fabricate the coverup .

It would be a misguided way to protect young Burke ... but most of us could understand their dilemma. The root of their guilt is that they were too vane , materialistic , and public show was too important , especially the mother.

The motive to protect Burke was honorable but the cover-up was dishonorable.

If Burke did this he was old enough to know that he killed her , no matter what story they feed him.

I was watching this on ID and an ad for Toddlers & Tiaras ran during the commercial break. Absurdly inappropriate...

Not to mention the fact that if Burke did hit her, nobody in that family called for help, and instead chose to strangle her to death with the garrotte. No matter how accidentally this may have started, somebody is still guilty of cold blooded murder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can anyone tell me where I could watch this online? I'm in Australia so we didn't have it aired here as far as I know. I've searched but can't find it :(

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

Can anyone tell me where I could watch this online? I'm in Australia so we didn't have it aired here as far as I know. I've searched but can't find it :(

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

It is a poor copy with parts of it where the sound does not work .... hopefully a better one soon ..... there are two more shows to come soon and they will probably have the best information

[video=youtube;KFAZG8rYOso]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFAZG8rYOso[/video]

It is a poor copy with parts of it where the sound does not work .... hopefully a better one soon ..... there are two more shows to come soon and they will probably have the best information

[video=youtube;KFAZG8rYOso]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFAZG8rYOso[/video]
Thank you! I'm getting a bit confused with all the different shows coming out. I'm going to have to write a list haha.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back