Jose Baez rejected by Florida Bar on first try (Orlando & Miami News Articles)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't feel sorry for him. If you put yourself in the limelight you have to put your whole life and career out there too.

He said himself he was the first Hispanic lawyer to have this high of a profile case. Welcome to the big time JAB, you joke.:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

I don't feel sorry for him. If you put yourself in the limelight you have to put your whole life and career out there too.

To some extent, I agree. However, would you have the same response if the Sentinel was digging into the SA's bar application and exposing all his faults instead of JB? In fact, that scenario would be more justified because the SA actually does hold a public office. But something tells me that there would be outrage here if this same article was published about any of the prosecutors.

I'm just not comfortable with this because it does give credibility to the argument that the media is conspiring to convict KC in the court of public opinion instead of objectively reporting on the facts and letting the public decide for themselves. If they lose too much credibility, then the public starts to distrust them, and it will backfire, causing people to see KC (and her attorneys) as victims.

Of course, I'm not talking about sleuthers. We know better. But the general public isn't as well informed about the case as us. KC is already going to be given some points because she's young and pretty. It would be disastrous if the media's relentless persecution caused the public to start feeling sorry for her and doubting her true guilt. If the media attacks her lawyer and his abilities, the public may begin to think that KC is just being poorly represented and being given bad advice...i.e. "maybe she isn't so guilty after all.."

This is NEWS---Thank you Orlando Sentinel! After Judge Strickland filed a complaint against JB, I kept wondering why? why? why? This helps answer that question for me. It had to have been a trust thing. JB must have bold faced lied to the judge, on financial matters or any matter. Wow- blown away .........jmo

To some extent, I agree. However, would you have the same response if the Sentinel was digging into the SA's bar application and exposing all his faults instead of JB? In fact, that scenario would be more justified because the SA actually does hold a public office. But something tells me that there would be outrage here if this same article was published about any of the prosecutors.

I'm just not comfortable with this because it does give credibility to the argument that the media is conspiring to convict KC in the court of public opinion instead of objectively reporting on the facts and letting the public decide for themselves. If they lose too much credibility, then the public starts to distrust them, and it will backfire, causing people to see KC (and her attorneys) as victims.

Of course, I'm not talking about sleuthers. We know better. But the general public isn't as well informed about the case as us. KC is already going to be given some points because she's young and pretty. It would be disastrous if the media's relentless persecution caused the public to start feeling sorry for her and doubting her true guilt. If the media attacks her lawyer and his abilities, the public may begin to think that KC is just being poorly represented and being given bad advice...i.e. "maybe she isn't so guilty after all.."

Actually, the Sentinel did do an article on LBK's background last week, I think. They did not find any dirty laundry.

CORRECTION: LDB, and it was WKMG that did the article.
http://www.clickorlando.com/news/19326886/detail.html

JAB has himself to blame for this and nobody else. Most of his problems would not have been public info if he had not taken it to the Supreme Court for review. He should have just let it lie (heh) and re-applied a couple years later.

Does anybody see a pattern here? :)

Actually, the Sentinel did do an article on LBK's background last week, I think. They did not find any dirty laundry.

JAB has himself to blame for this and nobody else. Most of his problems would not have been public info if he had not taken it to the Supreme Court for review. He should have just let it lie (heh) and re-applied a couple years later.

Hi MM,

Just for clarity LBK is also on JB's team. I think Sua was referring to Lead Chair in the SA office which would be LDB. Did they do a profile on her? If so, I'd love to read it and will go digging. So far, she seems to have her ducks in a row.

Not that I want to be a spoilsport on all the fun, but this article does seem to be a little unfair.
The court records try to have some anonymity for the bar applicant, which is why they use the initials. Even though Baez is a disliked public figure, he's not running for political office. He's just trying to do his job. This does seem like an uncalled for character assasination from the Sentinel.
Just like you all, I too dislike Baez. But now, I think I dislike the Sentinel even more for making me feel sorry for him!

With that said... there is one tidbit in the article that I think is a legitimate concern:

"Additionally, the Board found that J.A.B.'s misrepresentations and lack of candor in his answers to the specifications and during his formal hearing testimony were further grounds for disqualification," the Supreme Court wrote.

I have not had the good fortune to go before a character and fitness review board (yet) but I hear that if you are just open and honest, and show that you've overcome, or are taking steps to overcome whatever they're concerned about, that you will probably pass. The above quote shows that JB's insolence, and lack of respect for the court is nothing new, and will not improve at trial. This is good news for those who want KC convicted because the jury will notice it and despise him for it.

Respectfully bolded and font changed to red by me...

This expose of JB is nothing compared to the completely groundless, vicious, destructive personal attacks he, and all defense attorneys, launch against innocent, defenseless witnesses who take the stand for the prosecution. Personally, I find it amusing and gratifying that he is being given a dose of his own medicine. If he squeals with indignation, I will... :floorlaugh:

ETA: I want to add that I do understand and respect the need for zealous defense attorneys, but I object to their unlimited, sanctioned right to viciously slander in court--by innuendo or outright accusation--any and all hapless witnesses who get in their way, all in the name of their client's "right to a fair trial." It seems to me that the rights of one group--"the accused" should not so far surpass the rights of the other two groups--"the victims" and "the witnesses."

It also seems to me that if run-on sentences were a crime, this post would earn me LWP. :blowkiss:

I totally understand where you're coming from, but I think JB has slung more garbage at the State than the other way around. He's called more attention to himself by going on camera and spouting stuff than the other way around. After Judge Strickland's complaint was filed, it was a natural progression IMO to find out more info about JB. Anway, people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones...if you know what I mean. His lack of experience shows everytime he opens his mouth, argues before the court, writes a brief...yikes!!

Hi MM,

Just for clarity LBK is also on JB's team. I think Sua was referring to Lead Chair in the SA office which would be LDB. Did they do a profile on her? If so, I'd love to read it and will go digging. So far, she seems to have her ducks in a row.

Hard to keep those initials straight sometimes, heh

Link to WKMG's article is in my original post -
MM

Respectfully snipped.

I, for one, would not object at all if the Sentinel were digging into the SA's bar application, instead of JB's. As another Sleuther just noted, we do not want foxes guarding our hen houses. Furthermore, I would want the expose to occur now, before the trial, so that the opposing side couldn't use the information later to win an appeal.

If the media attacks her lawyer and his abilities, the public may begin to think that KC is just being poorly represented and being given bad advice...i.e. "maybe she isn't so guilty after all.."

You're right, and this is worrisome. However, I find consolation in knowing that KC won't be able to use ignorance of JB's reputation and tactics as grounds for an appeal. :blowkiss:

CORRECTION: LDB, and it was WKMG that did the article.
http://www.clickorlando.com/news/19326886/detail.html

Thanks for this info Muzikman! I stand corrected and retract my comments. that actually makes me feel a lot better about this.

Not that I want to be a spoilsport on all the fun, but this article does seem to be a little unfair.
The court records try to have some anonymity for the bar applicant, which is why they use the initials. Even though Baez is a disliked public figure, he's not running for political office. He's just trying to do his job.

So was Roy Krunk, and look what JB has in store for him.

JB is a a prime example of why attorneys (especially defense attorneys) get a bad name....My father was, believe it or not, an honest attorney (no disrespect to any lawyers on this forum, many people view lawyers has liars). He was a well respected man and one of the main reasons was his honesty. I often wonder what he would think about this case and this disgrace of an attorney. First off, it amazes me that JB and BC for that matter, are all over the news doing interviews and allowing their clients to do interviews. What ever happened to "no comment". Those are the ONLY two words that should ever have come out of anyones mouths (with the exception of at the begining when they should have been pleading with the kidnapper to return Caylee). Second, JB's courtroom manner is just horrible. He is disrespectful not only to the pros but the judge and to the entire legal process. If KC gets convicted she surely will be granted a new trial on appeal due to the terrible representation that she received.

In a way I feel bad for JB getting involved in this mess. As many of you have pointed out, this information should be private. But, if you get involved in a high profile case, you have to expect that your dirty laundry will be aired. JB should be doing personal injury, workers comp, wills and estates, etc. I know an attorney that JB reminds me of and he has is a very wealthy man that chases ambulances. That is what JB would be good at. This is way out of his league, and I think his career will be ruined.

Does he even much of a career outside the casey Anthony case???

I agree, he'll be done by the end of this show.

So was Roy Krunk, and look what JB has in store for him.

Good point. I agree that JB probably deserves it personally. I just try to look at it from an objective standpoint. I asked myself, "If it wasn't JB, would the Sentinel's article still be justified if it were about some other private attorney?" And no matter how I looked at it, it just didn't seem right. Maybe I'm just taking it personally because I am in school to become a lawyer and it scares me to think that I could be later prosecuted in the press for things disclosed on my bar application - simply for the crime of defending an unpopular person. However, I can see your point that maybe JB is a special case and this is a result of his own bad behavior. Maybe I should just look at it as a warning not to act like him, and I will never have to worry about it huh?

How do you like the spotlight aimed at you JB ? He wont hesitate to do this to anyone who may help put reasonable doubt in front of the jury .

Love he has a chance to know up close and personal how that feels ..........

This totally makes up for a disappointing discovery! I am loving this!

Good point. I agree that JB probably deserves it personally. I just try to look at it from an objective standpoint. I asked myself, "If it wasn't JB, would the Sentinel's article still be justified if it were about some other private attorney?" And no matter how I looked at it, it just didn't seem right. Maybe I'm just taking it personally because I am in school to become a lawyer and it scares me to think that I could be later prosecuted in the press for things disclosed on my bar application - simply for the crime of defending an unpopular person. However, I can see your point that maybe JB is a special case and this is a result of his own bad behavior. Maybe I should just look at it as a warning not to act like him, and I will never have to worry about it huh?

I don't think the press is looking into his background simply for defending an unpopular person. I think it also has to do with Jose (not to mention the defendent's family) putting himself on every TV interview that will have him. He has put himself out there so I think it's fair to expect the media to thoroughly investigate him.

Indeed! I am highly amused.

And this is only part 1. We get more tomorrow :)

From the article:

Casey Anthony Case: Special report on José Baez: First of 2 parts
TOMORROW: Becoming Casey Anthony's lawyer has brought José Baez celebrity — and controversy.

Wonder what controversy they will report? Maybe all the bar complaints and his false claims on his website?

And this is only part 1. We get more tomorrow :)

From the article:

Casey Anthony Case: Special report on José Baez: First of 2 parts
TOMORROW: Becoming Casey Anthony's lawyer has brought José Baez celebrity — and controversy.

Wonder what controversy they will report? Maybe all the bar complaints and his false claims on his website?

I perused the "psychic" thread last week and did they not predict some ****-storm revelation regarding Baez to hit right about now?

Edit: This is what I found that Tuba posted on the psychic thread on 4/20. It may not be applicable.

"Idol and the lawyers of her cult will be deep in conference this week, on many occasions. The Sun is on her Lunar Node in Taurus sextile the asteroid of strategy, Pallas Athena but Juno of committed relationships and jealousy is on her Jupiter. Both Mars and Venus, yes together, galvanize her Sun at the end of Pisces and draw attention to love behind bars. The square of poor judgment has already formed in the Fixed Signs of Taurus and Aquarius; being that Mercury is in exact aspect to her own Mercury, Idol is the one exercising poor judgment and making news in Orlando. The Mars ingress chart for Wednesday is set for Orlando and is already on the board. By Wednesday, the Moon will join Mars and Venus atop the Sun of Idol. "Scandal!" is a cry produced from the mouths of non-believers and does not receive cult attention."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheMidge