Jose Baez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, Defense attorneys are always dissing LE - it is part of their job description I think:) Seriously, I don't know if you have followed other cases where the accused doesn't have a whole lot of credibility - but the Defense will do the same thing every single time. I joke about it, but it kind of is their job, in that they have to defend their client against any and all evidence, whether it has made the news or during the trial.

While I don't LIKE the fact that defense attorneys pull this kind of stuff, they have to vigorously defend their client - if they don't, that leaves the door open for appeal if the defendent is found guilty. Defense Attorneys are a necessary evil - and you know, sometimes, just sometimes, they manage to keep an innocent person out of prison. Not this time, of course, Casey is guilty, no doubt about it!

you are right. If you know (as a defense atty) that your client doesnt have a good chance, then the only option left is to try to discredit everybody and everything.

But I also think, he should be carefull with his words. If he was in a different county he can be a azz and say whatever he wants. But majority of his cases are in Orange County and he might need a favor one day. A good attorney should be able to defend his client without stepping on the other side's feet.

But majority of his cases are in Orange County and he might need a favor one day. A good attorney should be able to defend his client without stepping on the other side's feet.

Oh I agree with you 100% - and should JB happen to get stopped in Orange County for a traffic violation anytime in say, the next 150 years, I don't think he is going to get any break because of 'professional courtesy' :)

He does not seem to be an outstanding attorny, IMO, an adequate one perhaps, but I think this case has already outpaced his abilities. Stay tuned for a high profile attorney to step in to 'assist'.

J Baez did everything he needed to do in the hearing today and he did a great job, as the results show. He obviously can't let any evidence get consumed by testing before charges are even brought and they get to the discovery phase. All the points were well argued and were good points. She's lucky to have such a good lawyer.

Oh I agree with you 100% - and should JB happen to get stopped in Orange County for a traffic violation anytime in say, the next 150 years, I don't think he is going to get any break because of 'professional courtesy' :)

He does not seem to be an outstanding attorny, IMO, an adequate one perhaps, but I think this case has already outpaced his abilities. Stay tuned for a high profile attorney to step in to 'assist'.
Oh, I don't see Baez going the distance if his client is indicted on more serious charges. I also felt the State was much better prepared in their responses. There were no surprises here IMO.

J Baez did everything he needed to do in the hearing today and he did a great job, as the results show. He obviously can't let any evidence get consumed by testing before charges are even brought and they get to the discovery phase. All the points were well argued and were good points. She's lucky to have such a good lawyer.

Ya, the part where the judge told him to quit expecting the state to do his work for him really showed how familiar he is with a courtroom. Sure was doing good when the judge had to tell him to do his own legwork. He even went as far as to explain to poor JB that he could, in fact, do depositions to try and get the info he wanted about information on ZFG. Ya, JB is super! He sure impressed everyone today, go Baez! PS it's only a win for the defense if they get their client aquitted.

I'm super glad she has JB to work for her, should be a slam dunk for the state.

Adequate. Very good word to describe Baez!! He is pretty cocky in his interviews but on the spot in court today he looked like a CLOWN! You think he would have polished up'ed for his big debut. Seems like a lazy attorney who didnt bother to retain any info from law school and only does the min. amount now. just enough to get by...

And I am suprised we have not seen a seasoned attorney jump in yet. We probably will when we get official Murder Charges.

Ya, the part where the judge told him to quit expecting the state to do his work for him really showed how familiar he is with a courtroom. Sure was doing good when the judge had to tell him to do his own legwork. He even went as far as to explain to poor JB that he could, in fact, do depositions to try and get the info he wanted about information on ZFG. Ya, JB is super! He sure impressed everyone today, go Baez! PS it's only a win for the defense if they get their client aquitted.

I'm super glad she has JB to work for her, should be a slam dunk for the state.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Adequate. Very good word to describe Baez!! He is pretty cocky in his interviews but on the spot in court today he looked like a CLOWN! You think he would have polished up'ed for his big debut. Seems like a lazy attorney who didnt bother to retain any info from law school and only does the min. amount now. just enough to get by...

And I am suprised we have not seen a seasoned attorney jump in yet. We probably will when we get official Murder Charges.

My, uh, take on, uh, Jose, is uh, uh, uh, well, uh he is a uh human.

Personally I would not retain Jose to defend me for a parking ticket, let alone the possibility of being charged with murder !!

But...........I am very glad Casey hired him, and hope she continues with him.He seems like a nice person, but more a like a friend to her and the family, rather a good , ~ high profile legal eagle..The girl is going down. I can hear that steell door with bars slamming closed now.....could not happen to a better person, IMO !

Respectfully Seagull, did you actually watch JB in action? "Very good job" are not words I would use to describe what he did in that courtroom yesterday.

I will be very suprised if he is not off the case sometime very soon. He did not use any actual LEGAL arguments or precident cases!!!

The only reason that he got any of those motions grant was because the Judge was trying to be very generous in order to avoid problems later. Also, the motions that were granted were virtually redundant anyway because, as stated by Judge Strickland, the defence already had access to the information they were requesting via public record and deposing the investigators! So he was only granted things that he already had! (ETA- except for air samples etc which he is going to have after tuesday as part of normal discovery of the homicide charges which are about to come down. Plus, he is ruling on the travel etc on monday. GJ is tuesday. You dont think that decision was an accident do you?)

Seriously, what he did yesterday in that courtroom was a joke. I actually felt sorry for him. Well.. not quite.

My, uh, take on, uh, Jose, is uh, uh, uh, well, uh he is a uh human.
Can you imagine how long this trial will take if he IS the lead attorney?!! Gosh, could he take any longer getting to the point?!!

Originally Posted by seagull65

I wouldn't use the word good. I would use the word goof. (jmo)

The judge granted the motions and gave the prosecution 10 days to comply knowing that by then she will already be in jail with the indictment from the Grand Jury.

Once charged, they have to turn everything over to her lawyer anyways.

So the judge didn't give him anything he wouldn't have got, had he not even filed the motions.

I watched the entire, unfortunate incident. He sounded like he suffers from a closed head injury. That's not said to insult anyone truly dealing with that ailment. He just can't keep his thoughts, wants and desires meshed correctly in his pea-sized brain.

I will have to respectfully disagree. You were able to see his distaste, just as lots of, I'm sure did. There was little to no control. Control would not have given any indication of emotion. In other words, JB just doesn't have a "poker face". jmho

I'd love to play poker with the man since I picked up on the blink thing very early on.

He can have a temper when he hears people bad mouthing his client, that's his job.

I wish I could stand in front of people, listen to something I don't want to
hear and respond with out losing the smile from my face. I don't think I can.

Then again, I can win at cards. I guess we can't have everything!:)

I watched the entire, unfortunate incident. He sounded like he suffers from a closed head injury. That's not said to insult anyone truly dealing with that ailment. He just can't keep his thoughts, wants and desires meshed correctly in his pea-sized brain.

LOL I love your description

Everyone seems to be forgetting that Baez was hired to represent Casey on the child endangerment and financial charges. If she is indicted for murder or manslaughter, it is likely that a defense attorney who has expertise in handling this type of case will be hired, particularily if this is Murder 1. Until an indictment, there is no reason to have an expensive defense attorney for murder on the case.

http://www..net/118118

That is the banner title on Mr. Baez’s web site! In the light of his involvement in the missing Florida child Caylee Anthony case and his defense of likely tot killer Casey Anthony this in my mind is a stretch of my imagination. Justice in this case will begin when the jury returns a guilty verdict.
I like the internet, I don’t know how we survived before it became popular. It is without doubt a great source for information. As indeed is Jose Baez’s web site www.baezlawfirm.com. I personally found some real ‘gallows’ humor in the fact that on his home page he has a link under the title Success Stories, High Profile Murder Case, that goes nowhere! I guess he is just planning for the future?
Read more at link above

"Laughing J Baez avoids answering questions after hearing."

m8d3sx.jpg
[/IMG]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics