Jose Baez

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.baezlawfirm.com/index.html#

I am not seeing that info..but would love to have a look! I don't doubt that you saw what you saw.:)

:help:
No matter which link I click at the Baez website, I get one of 2 pages which have the same limited info.

Can someone check it as I don't know if it is my computer or the website that is having a problem.

Thanks in advance.:blowkiss:

None of the links work for me either. I did not take a screen shot of his before, but this is totally changed from weeks ago.

None of the links work for me either. I did not take a screen shot of his before, but this is totally changed from weeks ago.

Perhaps in reading here, JB will ultimately learn his website is broken. :rolleyes:

Thanks also, Turbo:blowkiss:

The weird thing is his web site was working when I made my post--I went to it just before I posted to confirm what I read. Within the hour it wasn't working. Maybe I'm overly jaded, but I wouldn't be surprised if his profile was changed when it comes back up. It was truly misleading in my opinion.

The weird thing is his web site was working when I made my post--I went to it just before I posted to confirm what I read. Within the hour it wasn't working. Maybe I'm overly jaded, but I wouldn't be surprised if his profile was changed when it comes back up. It was truly misleading in my opinion.

it appears there is a new front page, where the links don't work at all - and then old subpages. I found this (but can't remember how I found it the first time):
http://www.baezlawfirm.com/Jose/AboutUs_Jose_English.html
(the links on this page do work)

From what I remember reading somewhere (and again, can't remember where), he did his internships with the DA's office in 95, 96; and then went to work for a private firm (not lawyer-ing). then he apparently decided to get back into law (my inference), and had to take the bar.

Also, for what it is worth, my hubby is a lawyer (non-trial stuff with the gov't), and he graduated from law school in Wisconsin. WI has something where if you graduate from law school in WI, you are automatically able to practice law in WI. And because he is with the gov't now (whose policy is if you are able to practice law in any one state, you can practice federal law), he has never taken the bar exam, and he has been a lawyer for almpst 10 years. I don't know if FL has anything similar, but that might be the another reason he took so long to take the bar (if some of my above memory is confused).

Do you think JB has an inkling that Cindy may very well become an enemy, or is he too deeply immersed in the case?

That earthquake is going to separate Florida from the continental US. I hope I end up with beach access.

Wow - that would be a battle royale, wouldn't it? If the time ever comes when what JB thinks is best for Casey contradicts what Cindy thinks is best for Casey, anybody around them had best hunker down and hope they do not get caught in the cross fire!

this brings up an interesting question, and I wonder if it should have it's own thread. If JB and Cindy disagree as to how to proceed - who is Casey going to listen to? JB can just ignore Cindy, as hard as that might be, but he has to listen to Casey. He may try to convince her to go a different way, but in the end, he has to proceed as she requests.[/quote]

I don't think JB has a clue WHAT he is dealing with in Cindy. He will anger her sooner or later (an easy thing to do) and he will suffer from her wrath. That will give her one more person to point her finger at.

I'm totally confused now. JB intimates on his web site that he was a practicing lawyer with public defender's office since 1995. Not possible--he didn't pass the bar until 3 years ago.What is up with that?
He was probably just an office clerk.

He was probably just an office clerk.

The Florida Bar made him remove all the information that was not true. That is why now the only thing you see is the home page and even that was redone removing a lot of info that just could not be proven.

The Florida Bar made him remove all of the information a couple of weeks ago as the information was not true. Jose had stated on his web page he joined the Miami/Dade PD in 1995 and won 34 of 36 cases he tried in his first 2 years there. The problem is/was Baez could not try any cases because he had not passed the Bar until 2005.
I suspect the time he worked at the Miami/Dade PD was an internship required to sit for the Bar.
I have also been researching Baez cases since 2005 and it appears he was a PD in Orange County until 2007. I have yet to find but 1 case he actually took to trial all of the rest were plea deals or they changed attorneys.

The Florida Bar made him remove all the information that was not true. That is why now the only thing you see is the home page and even that was redone removing a lot of info that just could not be proven.

I'll bet that HAVING to remove that stuff - at the request of the Florida Bar, no less - made him REALLY REALLY mad. heh

He sounded pretty frustrated and a bit snippy in his press conference when he talked about having the CER (?) certificates. Doesn't like people looking into his background...

If anybody is going to associate with Casey, they better be prepared for the inevitable fallout! :)

The Florida Bar made him remove all of the information a couple of weeks ago as the information was not true. Jose had stated on his web page he joined the Miami/Dade PD in 1995 and won 34 of 36 cases he tried in his first 2 years there. The problem is/was Baez could not try any cases because he had not passed the Bar until 2005.
I suspect the time he worked at the Miami/Dade PD was an internship required to sit for the Bar.
I have also been researching Baez cases since 2005 and it appears he was a PD in Orange County until 2007. I have yet to find but 1 case he actually took to trial all of the rest were plea deals or they changed attorneys.

The misleading info (win/loss record etc.) is posted on his new bio as well:
1020jbbio.jpg

Re: 1995 with the PD office:
A law student in good standing can be certified to represent a public agency or indigent clients before they have graduated and/or passed the bar exam. I had friends who were certified 2nd year of law school and they would do things like appear for bail hearings or other non-critical administrative proceedings. I imagine this is what Jose was doing-- or working under an actual attorney in a legal defense clinic or something. It's interesting that he's kept the win/loss record on the revamped site.

I'll bet that HAVING to remove that stuff - at the request of the Florida Bar, no less - made him REALLY REALLY mad. heh

He sounded pretty frustrated and a bit snippy in his press conference when he talked about having the CER (?) certificates. Doesn't like people looking into his background...

If anybody is going to associate with Casey, they better be prepared for the inevitable fallout! :)

That part was particularly awesome. CLE's are just a bunch of little workshops and classes lawyers have to attend to remain in good standing. Baez giving time to the CLE issue during a press conference is tantamount to making a public statement about one's flossing habits.
I always left my CLE's to the last minute, so I felt Baez's silly pain on that one. :dance:

The misleading info (win/loss record etc.) is posted on his new bio as well:
1020jbbio.jpg

Re: 1995 with the PD office:
A law student in good standing can be certified to represent a public agency or indigent clients before they have graduated and/or passed the bar exam. I had friends who were certified 2nd year of law school and they would do things like appear for bail hearings or other non-critical administrative proceedings. I imagine this is what Jose was doing-- or working under an actual attorney in a legal defense clinic or something. It's interesting that he's kept the win/loss record on the revamped site.
That part was particularly awesome. CLE's are just a bunch of little workshops and classes lawyers have to attend to remain in good standing. Baez giving time to the CLE issue during a press conference is tantamount to making a public statement about one's flossing habits.
I always left my CLE's to the last minute, so I felt Baez's silly pain on that one. :dance:

He can not go before the bench and try anything without having been admitted to the Bar. He may function as a law clerk or a paralegal in which case HE did not win anything.
Yes, continuing education is a PIA, however as we all know it is a requirement of our professions and in my opinion it is important as one can always learn something or at the very least take something positive back from it. No I do not wait until the last minute and squeeze my CME in. One would think given that Mr. Baez was only in his first 3 years he would have at least taken CLE seriously. Mr. Baez does not even know the proper use of the English language (we have all witnessed that) do you really think he knows everything he needs to know about the law?
I would also like a link to the "new revamped" web page as it has been disabled from his web page per the Bar. If it has not been I will reopen my complaint.
Mr Baez is not qualified to represent Casey and I personally do not want her to have any justifiable reason to file an appeal. I do of course realize IF she were to get the death penalty the appeal is automatic, however with competent representation it is less likely her sentence would be overturned.
I would not hire Baez to get my dog out of the dog pound. I have spent a great deal of time so far searching and have only been able to find one case Mr. Baez actually tried before the bench to completion and he lost that one.

Hey, I am not sure if this is the right place to put this, but I have a question for the lawyers here. If Baez has any knowledge of where the body of Caylee is, or any evidence that his client has caused her death, is he under any legal/ethical obligation to report that information?

it appears there is a new front page, where the links don't work at all - and then old subpages. I found this (but can't remember how I found it the first time):
http://www.baezlawfirm.com/Jose/AboutUs_Jose_English.html
(the links on this page do work)

From what I remember reading somewhere (and again, can't remember where), he did his internships with the DA's office in 95, 96; and then went to work for a private firm (not lawyer-ing). then he apparently decided to get back into law (my inference), and had to take the bar.

Also, for what it is worth, my hubby is a lawyer (non-trial stuff with the gov't), and he graduated from law school in Wisconsin. WI has something where if you graduate from law school in WI, you are automatically able to practice law in WI. And because he is with the gov't now (whose policy is if you are able to practice law in any one state, you can practice federal law), he has never taken the bar exam, and he has been a lawyer for almpst 10 years. I don't know if FL has anything similar, but that might be the another reason he took so long to take the bar (if some of my above memory is confused).

Thanks for the links, it's appreciated. I am a lawyer who also owns a business that teaches lawyers in CA, NY and Florida so I'm pretty familiar with Florida laws re practicing law. The only way JB could have worked on cases without having passed the Florida Bar is, if after his second year of law school, he worked under the "constant" supervision of a lawyer--ie sort of like a glorified paralegal. The supervising attorney would have to have been present at all court proceedings and there is no way JB could have referred to the cases "as his". Also, once he graduated law school he would have been out of such a program since it's only for students. He claims to have two cases (while not a member of the bar) and that one was reversed on appeal. I did a Lexis search and can't come up with any such case that he was listed as the attorney of record.

Hey, I am not sure if this is the right place to put this, but I have a question for the lawyers here. If Baez has any knowledge of where the body of Caylee is, or any evidence that his client has caused her death, is he under any legal/ethical obligation to report that information?

No. In fact, he could lose his license for doing so. Criminal attorneys never want to know if you did it or not because that limits how they conduct their defenses so I doubt he's even asked KC what actually occurred.

You know what kind of bothers me? I keep hearing Baez say that they cannot prove that Caylee is dead (which I believe is not true) but to me it almost sounds like his main goal is refute evidence and not address WHERE THE HECK THIS LITTLE GIRL IS? I realize he has no other defense, but the reason his client is public enemy #1 (according to him) is because that precious little girl is missing. KC it IS all about Caylee. Until we find that little girl, dead or alive, we WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND!

I am so frustrated with this case. How can he possibly think once KC tells her story we will understand. Facts aside, that girl has shown no emotion or at least not a .001% of what I would show. NG may be a bit over the top but I get where she is coming from. Any parent who lost a child WOULD NEVER ACT LIKE THAT. EVER.

As far as promising great evidence when the time is right, this reminds me of MG promising so much evidence at Scott Petersen's trial. And there was none! And we know where he is.

Baez to me is icing on the S**T cake this case is. I have never seen a more fitting person to defend KC. It is really poetic justice.

For me, JB is the most despicable of all the players in this case.

It looks like all that has happened is the links to pages with erroneous info were disabled. BaezLawFirm.com new front page works, but you cannot see his "record" unless you can get to the English page.

Maybe THAT link should be sent to the bar.

No. In fact, he could lose his license for doing so. Criminal attorneys never want to know if you did it or not because that limits how they conduct their defenses so I doubt he's even asked KC what actually occurred.

Thank you for answering my question. So, if he hasn't asked her what occurred, how does he start to build a defense? Or is it that his main thrust is to find out what the prosecution knows, and try to find some way to discredit that?
I do believe that everyone deserves a good defense, but, man, I could not go to sleep at night or look at myself in the mirror if I knew in my heart that someone had done something terrible and could potentially get away with it. I guess that is why I am a nurse and not a defense attorney.
Thanks again for your response:)

:laugh:
***(snipped)***The misleading info (win/loss record etc.) is posted on his new bio as well:
... Baez giving time to the CLE issue during a press conference is :laugh:tantamount to making a public statement about one's flossing habits.

If we knew the dental hygiene of everyone involved in this case, including Baez, there would be a thread for it. :eek::rolling:

I will be the first to admit I would read it with interest, though.:blowkiss::crazy:

Why hasn't anyone scooped Baez's garbage???:rolleyes:

You know what kind of bothers me? I keep hearing Baez say that they cannot prove that Caylee is dead (which I believe is not true) but to me it almost sounds like his main goal is refute evidence and not address WHERE THE HECK THIS LITTLE GIRL IS? I realize he has no other defense, but the reason his client is public enemy #1 (according to him) is because that precious little girl is missing. KC it IS all about Caylee. Until we find that little girl, dead or alive, we WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND!

I am so frustrated with this case. How can he possibly think once KC tells her story we will understand. Facts aside, that girl has shown no emotion or at least not a .001% of what I would show. NG may be a bit over the top but I get where she is coming from. Any parent who lost a child WOULD NEVER ACT LIKE THAT. EVER.

As far as promising great evidence when the time is right, this reminds me of MG promising so much evidence at Scott Petersen's trial. And there was none! And we know where he is.

Baez to me is icing on the S**T cake this case is. I have never seen a more fitting person to defend KC. It is really poetic justice.

What really really irks me about that is that he keeps LASHING OUT (in his own way) about the whole concept of trying Casey in public.....and then participates in that "public trial" which he condemns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500