Josh Powell blew his house up in WA #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are suicide warning sings. He was a classic case-apparently becoming calm and giving away children's toys, etc.

"* A previously depressed person who is suddenly happy. This often means they’ve come to a decision to end their life.
* Actions that signal they are planning for death:
* Giving away their possessions, particularly favorite things or things with sentimental value.
* Making out wills.
* Arranging for the care of pets.
* Extravagant spending or paying off debts."
http://comingoutofdark.com/suicidewarnings/

Here are suicide warning sings. He was a classic case-apparently becoming calm and giving away children's toys, etc.

"* A previously depressed person who is suddenly happy. This often means they’ve come to a decision to end their life.
* Actions that signal they are planning for death:
* Giving away their possessions, particularly favorite things or things with sentimental value.
* Making out wills.
* Arranging for the care of pets.
* Extravagant spending or paying off debts."
http://comingoutofdark.com/suicidewarnings/

I don't think anyone is disputing his suicide warnings, it's the murders that we need to recognize. Suicide warnings signs are there. How about murder?

I don't think anyone is disputing his suicide warnings, it's the murders that we need to recognize. Suicide warnings signs are there. How about murder?

If anybody had been on the receiving end of these warning signs then they should have alerted the police so that Josh could have been taken in for a psych assessment.

His wife has gone missing, has she not? Couldn't that be considered a warning?

Ben Winslow @BenWinslow

MT @fox13now: NEW pictures of the Powell boys provided by the Cox family http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-powell-boys-20120207,0,3455953.photogallery #findsusan

I sobbed looking through these pics. These boys were angels, and it is obvious that they loved their grandparents. How will the family recover from such a tragedy? I can't wrap my head around this yet, and don't think I ever will. I am heartbroken, and angry...to say the least! Sending tons of love, light, and prayers to the Cox family. :heartbeat::heartbeat:

In this case the suicide signs would have been enough. It was a murder - suicide, they occurred together.
However, there were signs of murder as well. Why get ride of the boys things if they would be here to use them?

If a person appears to be planning a suicide
Already has a missing wife
Has a father in jail

Has lost custody of his children to people he despises
Has given away his children's toys and books

and is getting a visitation with their children in a couple of hours...

It would probably be a good idea to prevent that visitation.

If someone had spotted the signs early enough... and stopped the visitation, that would have been enough to prevent it.
It doesn't appear that those who had time to react, knew enough to know that they needed to. Those who knew, didn't have time.

Whether Josh carried out his suicide or not, wouldn't have mattered... if they had kept the kids away.
They might have even figured out his plan without him carrying it out.

Of course they probably would have tried to prevent Josh from killing himself, but their priority would have been the kids.

In this case the suicide signs would have been enough. It was a murder - suicide, they occurred together.
However, there were signs of murder as well. Why get ride of the boys things if they would be here to use them?

Has a father in jail

If someone had spotted the signs early enough... and stopped the visitation, that would have been enough to prevent it.
It doesn't appear that those who had time to react, knew enough to know that they needed to. Those who knew, didn't have time.

Whether Josh carried out his suicide or not, wouldn't have mattered... if they had kept the kids away.

Of course they probably would have tried to prevent Josh from killing himself, but their priority would have been the kids.

I think part of the problem is that there are different departments that probably don't communicate with each other.
There's social services, the court system and the police.

I am curious to know why it is known that Josh donated the boy's toys to charity?

But how was Goodwill to know that they were all of the boys toys that he was getting rid of and not just toys he said the boys had outgrown? Or maybe Goodwill didn't even question why he was bringing them in as people bring things in all the time?

Who else besides workers at Goodwill knew?

Well clearly Goodwill employees wouldn't be able to guess.
I don't think anyone is blaming Goodwill employees here.

But how was Goodwill to know that they were all of the boys toys that he was getting rid of and not just toys he said the boys had outgrown? Or maybe Goodwill didn't even question why he was bringing them in as people bring things in all the time?

Who else besides workers at Goodwill knew?

I too wonder who knew about the toys going to Goodwill. Here you can just drop the bag off, no persons seen, no one sees you and you see no one. Someone knew that, but it may not have been a Goodwill employee.

Has a father in jail

Did you read my post? #10. The toys were an example I gave but then again, people give away toys to charities all the time. I think you might be misunderstanding my point. The warning signs of suicide may have been there based on some of the very things listed on that link Pensfan posted but if you go through the list, it won't give you warning signs for murder.

Proof is in the pudding. They let him have "supervised" visitation only because of that disgusting and disturbing photo and ordered a psych sex analysis. They did NOT recognize the warning signs of suicide nor murder and that's my point. Even the so called experts didn't!

Well clearly Goodwill employees wouldn't be able to guess.
I don't think anyone is blaming Goodwill employees here.

I'm not saying anyone is blaming goodwill employees. I'm saying no one knew that he had given them them away except Goodwill and they would have had no reason to be alarmed at the time.

IIRC it was reported that he had just given them all away that weekend, no one else probably knew that he had done that.

JMHO

I too wonder who knew about the toys going to Goodwill. Here you can just drop the bag off, no persons seen, no one sees you and you see no one. Someone knew that, but it may not have been a Goodwill employee.

....unless you are the suspect in a high profile missing person's case.

I'm not saying anyone is blaming goodwill employees. I'm saying no one knew that he had given them them away except Goodwill and they would have had no reason to be alarmed at the time.

IIRC it was reported that he had just given them all away that weekend, no one else probably knew that he had done that.

JMHO

Well since its reported in the press I presume somebody knew about it, otherwise how would the press find out?

Well since its reported in the press I presume somebody knew about it, otherwise how would the press find out?

After the fact by Goodwill?

All I was saying was that giving the toys away wasn't necessarily a red flag since it had just happened right before the murders and Goodwill gets donations all the time. He could have told them he was cleaning house, how would they know?.

A person can make anonymous donations to Goodwill etc. just by putting items in the bins they have all over the place.

After the fact by Goodwill?

All I was saying was that giving the toys away wasn't necessarily a red flag since it had just happened right before the murders and Goodwill gets donations all the time. He could have told them he was cleaning house, how would they know?.

Not if it was an anonymous donation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members