Josh Powell's House in WA blows up

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been coming to Susan's threads and then her forum nearly every day since she went missing, hoping to see her returned to her family and hoping to see Josh on the receiving end of justice.

Now this.

I can't repeat what we've been calling that loser in this house tonight. He was a coward. My heart goes out to the Cox family and all who loved Susan and her boys.

I know I'm not saying anything that hasn't already been said, but I was so invested in this case and so hopeful that the boys would stay with Susan's family - like so many of us, I'm just so angry and shaken and sad.

Is the house completely destroyed?
I'm hoping for evidence to find Susan now for her family.
Steve Powell will never give any information now, JMOO

He's an attorney hired to defend the *** in the media, and as such he was not concerned with the ***'s psych care or anything else. Had he really cared about JP he would have taken different steps than to just defend him. Had he really cared about justice he would have tried to get JP to work with LE instead of simply trying to imply that JP was some kind of great guy. It was not difficult to see what his client was, but he chose to ignore that and instead fought for his client's rights to see his kids, which have now resulted in those innocent boys dying violent deaths. I do not feel sympathy for this attorney at all. He, too, made his bed.

Sorry if I am coming off as intolerant. I am mad. I am sad. I couldn't be nice right now if I tried.

We are all mad and sad beyond words but put the blame where it belongs Josh Powell no one else.

That's what it looks like-he let the children into the house but not the case worker. Then she called her supervisor because apparently the rules require case workers to call supervisors instead of 911.

The rules require case workers to call supervisors instead of 911 because CPS WANTS TO COVER THEIR A$$ES.

Wow. Just wow. I am in tears right now. Those poor kids. Hopefully they died before they had a chance to figure out what was happening. Why couldn't the coward just kill himself? Why take the innocent children along with him? Disgusting. Rest in Peace little ones. You are safe now.

Just reading about this now, I'm in shock!! Those poor little children, may they rest in peace.

Ginita, maybe you can answer. If the boys continued to talk about mommy being in the trunk, could they hace taken away his visitation?

I am so terribly sad and angry, I could never articulate everything I have felt today. I think the circles around his eyes and the evil coming from him will never be forgotten.

I really think all he did was blow all the pilot lights off on the stove and the heater and turned the gas inn full bore and then lit either a match or lighter.

Just from what little we know I think he did turn the natural gas pilots off and filled the house, add that accelerants were used of some kind per links. One reporter said the neighbors reported the outer walls were burning right away. Another said they heard 3 booms or blasts.

But then again, I'm not a fireman either to know for sure. It was planned though obviously. It will all be put together soon. It was horrible to learn about the boys. RIP and prayers for the Cox's & family. Prayers for Susan, bless your heart.

Steve P can rot as far as I'm concerned. This whole info from WVC & Pierce Co. if released will not be something anyone would want to know. It's already enough. But it will come out now.

Even my local news stations are reporting here in AZ about this tonight. It has been heard across the country and farther.

On our local news tonight, Debbie Caldwell (the boys babysitter from Utah) said that Braden did not want to go and see his daddy today; but because of court order Chuck made him go. Oh, I am just sick for Chuck tonight. I know he will feel guilt; but of all people, this wonderful man has nothing to feel guilty about.

I hope that the social worker will get trauma care, therapy, whatever she needs paid for by the state! The Coxes should be entitled to this as well!!

It certainly will be interesting to see if he used accelerants.

It seems that he was not under any kind of surveillance? If he had been, how could he get cans of gasoline and transport them to the home without raising alarm?

I am so sick and disgusted! I can't believe he would do this to his precious children! Well he is facing his maker now!!!!!!

Can we copy tweets here...

thenewstribune Tacoma News Tribune
by lwhitehurst
Social worker was banging on the doors and windows of the house as the flames spread at #Powell house.
3 hours ago

link...http://twitter.com/lwhitehurst

OMG that poor social worker...she's going to have nightmares for the rest of her life...

I have nothing new to contribute other than I have shed a lot of tears today. I have followed this case for close to a year and I cannot believe it ended this way.

I am in shock...

Oh no! I can't believe it, those poor boys. And the Coxes.

I didn't realize the visitations were occuring at Josh's house, I guess I assumed it was at a neutral location.

Exactly! I thought they were being held in an office building somewhere else. I guess the state feels being in familar surroundings is good for the children. In this case the state did not see the evil sickness in josh.

I live in Pierce Co and just within minutes of this happening all of our local TV stations were interrupted with breaking news about this.

What a tragedy, I feel awful for the families.

Yes, Josh can rot.

Is the house completely destroyed?

Based on the footage I saw it was gutted pretty much immediately. No one inside that house ever had a chance.

Children are so trusting and loving...so innocent and naive of the real evil in the world...those two boys ran to him, happy to see him, trusting him immediately because he was their father...and then he takes that love and trust, that innocence, and lights it on fire...

Those poor kids...what is this world coming to? Why do the children have to continue to suffer for the evils of adults? My heart is just broken...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rabbitfoot