Jury Duty? Would you?

Would you be able to serve on a jury for this trial?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Casey who?? What?? Anthony??? Who's Caylee??? Nope, don't know a thing about the case. I don't follow the news, sorry.

By the way, Bex, I want that avatar - that is me!!!!!! What a riot!

You can take it if you reaaaallly want it.. I am getting ready to upload a new avatar in just a minute or two actually.

If it gets to trial will it be on the box?

I hope so , god i hope so! :praying:

So if this case is ever tried it's safe to say it will be out of state?

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think they can try her out of state. They most definitely will ask for a change of venue (meaning, away from Orlando), but I think it will take place in Florida.

I think I could be impartial especially since I have no clear idea of what exactly happened. I don't live in Florida so I'm automatically excluded.

I'd opt out because the jury is supposed to be "a jury of peers". I don't consider Casey my peer.

So if this case is ever tried it's safe to say it will be out of state?

I don't see why it would be. That is a large city and believe it or not, most people have little or no information about the case. They see the missing signs and read a few things along, but the majority of people have little to no prior knowledge.

We had a heinous capital crime here not long ago and I was called for jury duty. They dismissed me because of my close association with LE and the courts, but I sat through most of the questioning of jurors and almost none of them knew much at all about it.

In large cities, that is not much of a problem - just the defense tries to make it one.

I'd opt out because the jury is supposed to be "a jury of peers". I don't consider Casey my peer.

No not peers really . a jury is supposed to be impartial.

I Can't see how that can be a fair trial in Florida, given the publicity though.

I would love to be an alternate so that the pressure of being "impartial" was lifted but I could still not miss a thing from start to finish. :smiliescale:

Too late, I missed it...........

I'd opt out since it wouldn't be honest, but I have a friend who says she'd lie to get on the jury. She doesn't live anywhere near Florida though.

I would love to be on the jury, unfortunately they won't hold the trial in Texas. But I would decide based on the evidence, not on my personal feelings.

This topic is SO ironic because guess what I got in the mail last week?

Yup, a jury questionaire! HAHAH
I live in AZ and the Warren Jeffs trial is getting ready to start in my county! THAT would be very interesting because my great gf was the president of the LDS church many years ago, and YES he was a polygamist! My family eventually left the church and raised us kids in a different faith, but BOY it would sure be an experience to see this trial go down. These people are some STRANGE characters! Can you say....brainwashed and cultish?

Id love to serve on the CA trial, but Im afraid I wouldnt be able to be partial. Ive watched this whole mess too closely and definitely have strong opinions about it.:behindbar

wic3-2.jpg

No way I'd be allowed on the jury. As far as change of venue, you guys (up in Orlando) just had one of our big cases tried up there (Michael Hernandez - the kid that killed his friend in the bathroom at middle school) - yep that case happened in Miami and was moved to Orlando. Soooooooooooooo - I am so hoping this case gets moved to Broward, I'm only 5 minutes from the courthouse and I would be there EVERY SINGLE DAY - plus I could come back and report to all you guys here!!!! There is very little reporting going on down here about it. I keeping my fingers crossed.

This topic is SO ironic because guess what I got in the mail last week?

Yup, a jury questionaire! HAHAH
I live in AZ and the Warren Jeffs trial is getting ready to start in my county! THAT would be very interesting because my great gf was the president of the LDS church many years ago, and YES he was a polygamist! My family eventually left the church and raised us kids in a different faith, but BOY it would sure be an experience to see this trial go down. These people are some STRANGE characters! Can you say....brainwashed and cultish?

Id love to serve on the CA trial, but Im afraid I wouldnt be able to be partial. Ive watched this whole mess too closely and definitely have strong opinions about it.:behindbar

wic3-2.jpg

Get on that jury and find that SOB guilty as charged just like they did in Utah.

Casey who?? What?? Anthony??? Who's Caylee??? Nope, don't know a thing about the case. I don't follow the news, sorry.

By the way, Bex, I want that avatar - that is me!!!!!! What a riot!

LOL, OOOOO yeah, I would be on the jury......I could even be fair and let her pick the method of death she would like....shot....the chair....gas.

I would love to sit on this one. I absolutely could be fair and impartial. I believe everyone is entitled to a fair trial, and I would do anything to be sure KC gets one. Once a fair trial is done, there is no room for appeal. (guess I'd have to leave that comment off the questionnaire)

I would love to sit on this one. I absolutely could be fair and impartial. I believe everyone is entitled to a fair trial, and I would do anything to be sure KC gets one. Once a fair trial is done, there is no room for appeal. (guess I'd have to leave that comment off the questionnaire)
I could do it too.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon
Back