Kathleen Savio's death #3

Leila, did you catch what Rick m. said DP would do to the 2nd wife?
My phone rang.......out of all times. grrrrrr

Then he also stated DP had a GPS tracker put on Stacy's cellphone so he knew where she was at all of the time. So DP knew every move she made!!!!

Cheko............thanks for jogging my memory. :) Yes! Rick Mims said that DP had GPS tracking put on Stacy's cell phone so he'd know exactly where she was at all times.

I missed the part about the second wife, but the repeat of Greta is coming up in about 45 minutes and I'll watch it again. I usually pick up things I missed the first time around if I watch the repeat. :)

Ric Mims was interviewed on Greta tonight in regards to following Kathleen Savio.
snipped for length
Thanks so much Leila, I for one really appreciate your report since I'm unable to see the show!

I just finished watching the repeat broadcast. Here's what Ric Mims said about wife #2.

He had finished telling about following Kathleen. Greta asked if he was ever asked to follow Stacy. Ric said no, and Greta said "so there was no surveillance on Stacy?" Ric said no and then added that DP had put GPS tracking on the cell phone he bought Stacy. Greta asked why, and Ric said that DP suspected Stacy was having relationships with other men. Greta asked Ric if Stacy was having relationships with other men. Ric said "no, there's no proof, and I don't believe she was."

Greta then said, "so there was surveillance of wife #3 and wife #4, what about the others?" Ric said that with wife #2, DP tapped the phones at the bar to find out who she was calling or who was calling her.

That was the end of the conversation, other than Greta asking Ric to come back tomorrow night.

My comments.............remember the interview with the daughter of wife #2? In that interview the daughter said that DP had their home telephone tapped. She said DP knew about things that had only been discussed on the phone with someone. With the information that Ric gave in the interview tonight, it looks like wife #2 had the phones tapped both at home and at work.

We don't know much at all about wife #1, but considering DP's obvious paranoia, I wouldn't doubt that he may have followed her too, or tapped her phone. She may not even be aware of things that DP did.

I also appreciate it that you are giving reports. Once in a while not having cable sucks.

Ric Mims was interviewed on Greta tonight in regards to following Kathleen Savio. He said that in December 2003 or January 2004 DP asked Ric to help him follow Kathleen to work twice. DP told Ric he wanted to see what Kathleen's route to work was, and if she was staying with a boyfriend. DP told Ric Mims if Kathleen was staying with her boyfriend, it would affect his child support.

Ric said that during the same time, DP asked Ric to stay in the parking lot of Kathleen's place of work, while DP went to Kathleen's house to "get some things." Ric was to call DP if Kathleen left work. Greta asked Ric if DP told him if he had a key to Kathleen's house? Ric said he didn't know.

Ric said he was before the grand jury today for 45 minutes to an hour.

Greta asked Ric if he could return tomorrow night, saying there was a lot more to talk about.

Edited to add: I just remembered that Greta asked about the grand jury, and Ric Mims said the grand jury will be meeting for another 4 months on this case!

This could be very compelling evidence if the case of Kathleen ever goes to trial with Drew as the defendant. It shows that he could get into the house, and it shows that he needed to "get some things." Could one of those have been a new will with him out of the picture?

Not good for Drew.

This could be very compelling evidence if the case of Kathleen ever goes to trial with Drew as the defendant. It shows that he could get into the house, and it shows that he needed to "get some things." Could one of those have been a new will with him out of the picture?

Not good for Drew.

I agree. I was surprised that the grand jury is going to meet for another four months on this case. But, it looks like they're slowly building a case.

When Greta was interviewing Ric Mims, she prefaced her question about whether or not Ric knew if Drew had a key to Kathleen's house, with "this is important......." I know Greta was thinking the same thing we're thinking, and that's that DP was somehow able to get into Kathleen's house. Ric said he didn't know if DP had a key or even if what he needed to retrieve was inside or outside. He didn't question DP about that. He said that at that time, he (Ric) thought that it was just a difficult divorce.

If it could ever be verified that DP was able to go in and out of Kathleen's house as he wished, it's going to completely undermine DP's story that he needed to call a locksmith to open the house that night that Kathleen's body was found.

If it could ever be verified that DP was able to go in and out of Kathleen's house as he wished, it's going to completely undermine DP's story that he needed to call a locksmith to open the house that night that Kathleen's body was found.

What about the letter to LE from Kathleen stating that Drew had a garage door opener and used it on the occasion he threatened her with a knife? Is that enough to go on?

What about the letter to LE from Kathleen stating that Drew had a garage door opener and used it on the occasion he threatened her with a knife? Is that enough to go on?

Has this been posted too?
Did Kathleen have her locks changed when they got divorced?

Has this been posted too?
Did Kathleen have her locks changed when they got divorced?

It has been posted here before, but here is a link to the letter.

http://www.amw.com/pdf/petersonletter.pdf

I don't know about whether her locks were changed. I would think probably yes, since she'd been on record accusing him of stealing things from her home. If it were me, I would have changed the locks immediately.

I believe it was written in one of the articles or one of her letters that the locks were changed and that he used the garage door opener to get in, then I think she had that changed. But with Drew having all the expensive lockpick tools none of that would have stopped him.

I also wondered if they had a safe in their house because he and Stacy had a safe. If they did that would be the place I think she would have kept a new will and any important paper work. However as far as we know, no attorney nor witnesses have come forward to say she signed a new will and they witnessed it for her.
JMHO

It has been posted here before, but here is a link to the letter.

http://www.amw.com/pdf/petersonletter.pdf

I don't know about whether her locks were changed. I would think probably yes, since she'd been on record accusing him of stealing things from her home. If it were me, I would have changed the locks immediately.

Thanks, another thing thou, did his kids with Kathleen have keys?
Drew could of made a copy of them if they had a set of keys.
The kids would also probably know where a spare key was(like somewhere
outside) if they got locked out...Just a thought.....

I agree. I was surprised that the grand jury is going to meet for another four months on this case. But, it looks like they're slowly building a case.

When Greta was interviewing Ric Mims, she prefaced her question about whether or not Ric knew if Drew had a key to Kathleen's house, with "this is important......." I know Greta was thinking the same thing we're thinking, and that's that DP was somehow able to get into Kathleen's house. Ric said he didn't know if DP had a key or even if what he needed to retrieve was inside or outside. He didn't question DP about that. He said that at that time, he (Ric) thought that it was just a difficult divorce.

You know, I don't think that it even needs to be verified. I think that Ric is a credible witness - meaning that he seems to want to do the right thing - and his watching Kathleen and watching to let Drew know when she left work is enough to set the scene. I think if Drew wouldn't have been able to accomplish the task that he would have said so. I can see a prosecutor questioning Mims as to whether or not Drew complained about not accomplishing the task.

Just the fact that he followed women, said he needed to retrieve things from the house, and Ric did his part seems to indicate that Drew could get into the house. It goes a long way to show that Drew was a "scene setter" and that his calling a locksmith the night Kathleen was found is baloney.

I believe it was written in one of the articles or one of her letters that the locks were changed and that he used the garage door opener to get in, then I think she had that changed. But with Drew having all the expensive lockpick tools none of that would have stopped him.

I also wondered if they had a safe in their house because he and Stacy had a safe. If they did that would be the place I think she would have kept a new will and any important paper work. However as far as we know, no attorney nor witnesses have come forward to say she signed a new will and they witnessed it for her.
JMHO

Yes, it seems that Drew did have another garage door opener programmed to get in, but that Kathleen changed that. But, this is a persistent guy and he had the lockpicking tools.....I think there's a witness for that.

It makes so much sense when you think of all this, that gives rise to LE taking so much time. Imagine that they're trying to find records where DP bought the lock-picking tools as well as a class that he may have taken......so much to investigate. Especially with Kathleen, this will probably be an entirely circumstantial case and so they have to set up circumstances to show that DP had motive, means, and opportunity to get the job done.

Before Drew Peterson could buy a house in 2002 for himself and his 18-year-old girlfriend, Stacy Cales, he needed his estranged wife, Kathleen Savio, to sign off on the deal.
But Savio's signature on the legal document looks radically different from more than a dozen others she had written before she died in 2004, a Chicago Sun-Times investigation has found. "That's definitely not her signature," Savio's sister, Anna Doman, said after viewing a copy of the one-page power of attorney that Drew Peterson himself notarized. "I know that's not her signature." http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/bolingbrooksun/news/758722,4_1_JO25_PETERSON_S1.article

Thanks for posting this link, Golfmom.

Yes, it seems that Drew did have another garage door opener programmed to get in, but that Kathleen changed that. But, this is a persistent guy and he had the lockpicking tools.....I think there's a witness for that.

It makes so much sense when you think of all this, that gives rise to LE taking so much time. Imagine that they're trying to find records where DP bought the lock-picking tools as well as a class that he may have taken......so much to investigate. Especially with Kathleen, this will probably be an entirely circumstantial case and so they have to set up circumstances to show that DP had motive, means, and opportunity to get the job done.

FWIW, IMO, it doesn't matter if Kathleen reprogrammed the garage door opener. I believe there's only a couple of different frequencies you can change your opener to. You can also buy additonal or replacement openers and program them to work with your present opener. We've done that when we needed more than two. Heck, he could have just requested a replacement from the manufacturer as well. Especially if he'd installed it himself.

I too believe this is going to be an entirely circumstantial case and LE needs to have EVERYTHING in a row before they file charges. It's gone this long, what's a few more months.

March got away with his wife's murder for something like 10 years. He thought he was in the clear and had even done documentaries. He was so pompous, much like DrewP. Then WHAM! All of a sudden he was arrested and extradicted and is now where he belongs. :behindbar Heck, they even got his dad as his accomplice, which everyone had always suspected.

JMHO
fran

Before Drew Peterson could buy a house in 2002 for himself and his 18-year-old girlfriend, Stacy Cales, he needed his estranged wife, Kathleen Savio, to sign off on the deal.
But Savio's signature on the legal document looks radically different from more than a dozen others she had written before she died in 2004, a Chicago Sun-Times investigation has found. "That's definitely not her signature," Savio's sister, Anna Doman, said after viewing a copy of the one-page power of attorney that Drew Peterson himself notarized. "I know that's not her signature." http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/bolingbrooksun/news/758722,4_1_JO25_PETERSON_S1.article

Hope the Le is looking at this.......

If Drew was given the power of attorney and notarized the document himself the document should be invalid. In Washington and Oregon, at least, as a notary you cannot notarize anything that you are a party to or have an interest in. I wonder how the title company let that go through?

Tom'sGirl..thank you for the comparsion picture of Kathleen's two signatures on the photo thread. I really think the bottom signature looks nothing like her signature at the top. It does look as though someone forged the signature. Also this is a power of attorney..I really don't think Kathleen would have ever signed a power of attorney over to Drew..I would think she would have picked a family member for that..not a husband she was divorcing. Something is very wrong here.
JMHO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back