Kathleen Savio's death #3

Tom'sGirl..thank you for the comparsion picture of Kathleen's two signatures on the photo thread. I really think the bottom signature looks nothing like her signature at the top. It does look as though someone forged the signature. Also this is a power of attorney..I really don't think Kathleen would have ever signed a power of attorney over to Drew..I would think she would have picked a family member for that..not a husband she was divorcing. Something is very wrong here.
JMHO
YW DD, and I agree, nothing like her valid signature. I know we can't post photos, but at least wanted to post the link ;)

Thank you for posting that link Anita!
Another interesting thing in the article is where it talks about the will Kathleen left. It says DrewP had it filed 15 days after Kathleen died. I'd heard before that it was some time after the death for it to show up but it looks like Ole DrewP wasted no time in getting that ball rolling.
The more that comes out about how everything was handled for poor Kathleens death the madder I get and IMO there are other people involved in this that have a lot to answer to. 2 men signed this will as witnesses, I hope they're having a lot of trouble sleeping nights!

VB

The way the P is made in the top sig looks like a P. But in the bottom sig it looks more like a D with a little protrusion at the bottom of it. Then when you look at DP's signature (found that on the suburban chicago peice about this story, it is on the power of attorney doc) it looks like his type of P. Infact his signature and hers are right there together and this sig of hers looks more like his sig then it looks like her sig in the pic you compared with..confusing I know ..but check them out ..all three and see what you think.

Did anyone notice that Drew's "notary stamp" says "OFFICAL seal"...not OFFICIAL? LMAO!!!! This guy is a Keystone Cop.

Oh my goodness I missed that..thanks for pointing that out..It's probably some kind of little stamp he put together himself. Or he had it made and whoever made it wrote it exactly as Drew had. What a nutcase he is..jmho

LMAO! OhFecal! That's a good one!

Seriously, though, I was a notary public (I let it lapse when I stopped working to have my little ones) and unless the laws are radically different in Illinois, notarizing a document for yourself is a no-no. It makes no sense. It's a conflict of interest!

LMAO! OhFecal! That's a good one!

Seriously, though, I was a notary public (I let it lapse when I stopped working to have my little ones) and unless the laws are radically different in Illinois, notarizing a document for yourself is a no-no. It makes no sense. It's a conflict of interest!

Did you make your own seal, or did the state give you a seal?

Did you make your own seal, or did the state give you a seal?

Honestly, all I remember is the law firm I worked for took care of it for me. I signed something, swore an oath before a few attorneys, and received a seal a few weeks later.

I just find it odd his is misspelled. I wonder if he really was registered as a notary with the state? If not, he could be in a heap o' trouble.

You get a seal/stamp from the state - at least in Texas you do. I'm a notary and you absolutely CAN'T notorize your own signature.

Notarizing your own documents defeats (and diminishes) the whole "credible, authentication" process. They are bonded in Illinois ($5000). Does this mean, if the documents that he notarized are found to be forged, that he is responsible for paying that amount back to the state?

You get a seal/stamp from the state - at least in Texas you do. I'm a notary and you absolutely CAN'T notorize your own signature.

It's been 15 years since I received my seal, and 12 since I even SAW it. But if I'm not mistaken, I believe it had a number on it...my notary number. Did yours?

Notarizing your own documents defeats (and diminishes) the whole "credible, authentication" process. They are bonded in Illinois ($5000). Does this mean, if the documents that he notarized are found to be forged, that he is responsible for paying that amount back to the state?

Well, that would constitute fraud and I don't know Illinois law, but I'm sure there's some jail time involved!

Taken from The Illinois Notary Handbook:

SNIP/
May I notarize my own signature and/or the signatures of my
spouse, children and other relatives?

A notary public may not notarize his or her own signature and may not notarize
any document in which the notary’s name appears as a party to the transaction.

A notary may notarize the signature of his or her spouse, children and other relatives.
/SNIP

YW DD, and I agree, nothing like her valid signature. I know we can't post photos, but at least wanted to post the link ;)

Thanks for the link TG! I was also looking through the PDF docs that we KNOW Kathleen had to sign and the signature on the document is radically different from any known signature of hers. :eek:

Before Drew Peterson could buy a house in 2002 for himself and his 18-year-old girlfriend, Stacy Cales, he needed his estranged wife, Kathleen Savio, to sign off on the deal.
But Savio's signature on the legal document looks radically different from more than a dozen others she had written before she died in 2004, a Chicago Sun-Times investigation has found. "That's definitely not her signature," Savio's sister, Anna Doman, said after viewing a copy of the one-page power of attorney that Drew Peterson himself notarized. "I know that's not her signature." http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/bolingbrooksun/news/758722,4_1_JO25_PETERSON_S1.article

Thanks for posting this link, Golfmom.

Would you have another document with Kathleen's handwriting maybe?:blowkiss:
I don't see a sticky just for Kathleen"s links.

Pharlap under the photos thread there is a snap comparing the two signatures from TOM'S GIRL. Then when you click on the thread in your post above you see her sign with Drew's. Her sig looks more like Drew's on the Power of Attorney Doc then like her own normal sig.

Other doc's for her are on the doc thread too. Hope that helps.

Just bumping this up incase Kathleen's family or the press announce tonight about the lawsuit Kathleen's family may be bringing against Drew.

John Q Kelly is the attorney for the Savio family now. Here is the latest they announced it on our 6PM news broadcast tonite.

Savio Family Hires Lawyer To Open Civil Case
Family Of Drew Peterson's 3rd Wife Say Her Estate Was Mishandled

SNIP..............
Reporting
Mike Puccinelli BOLI NGBROOK, Ill. (CBS) ― Former Bolingbrook police sergeant Drew Peterson is about to face another legal battle, this time involving the family of his third wife, Kathleen Savio. Savio's relatives just hired a big-name New York lawyer. CBS 2 West Suburban Bureau Chief Mike Puccinelli has an exclusive report on a new lawsuit.

It's a 40-page document that lays the groundwork for Savio's family to sue former Peterson in civil court. On page three it says, "your petitioners are prepared to initiate a wrongful death cause of action against drew Peterson on behalf of the estate of Kathleen Savio" whose death the document goes on to say " was not an accident and it was not suicide."

"The problem with that is, first of all they have to prove it was in fact a wrongful death, it was something other than an accident or suicide," said CBS 2 legal analyst Irv Miller. "But even more important, if they establish that, they still have to establish he's the one that did it."

But before the wrongful death suit can be filed, Savio's estate has to be reopened. Thursday's notice of motion asks a judge to do just that. In the motion the Savios also ask that James Carroll, the executor of Savio's handwritten will, be removed from the case. As an uncle of Drew's they say he has a conflict of interest. They also say Carroll "wasted and mismanaged the estate" by permitting all "the assets of the marriage to pass to Drew Peterson, and away from the beneficiaries of the estate." That, they argue, goes against Savio's wish of having all her "worldly possessions" go to her children.

"They have a pretty good argument to name a neutral individual to take over the estate as opposed to someone who is directly interested since that person is a relative of Drew Peterson," Miller said.

The filing also contains a document showing that immediately after Carroll was named executor of Savio's estate, Carroll, acting as his own attorney, fired Savio's divorce attorney.

Sixteen days later during final divorce proceedings a publicly appointed administrator noted that no one representing the children's interests was present in court when all of the couple's assets, other than Savio's life insurance, were awarded to Drew Peterson. He said the effect of the judgment was to transfer anywhere from $144,000 to $288,000 from the four children who were beneficiaries of the estate to Drew Peterson. One person who was familiar with the case wouldn't go on camera but summed up the division of assets this way saying, "They screwed the kids to benefit Drew Peterson."

http://cbs2chicago.com/local/savio.drew.peterson.2.642958.html

Thanks Sunny for posting that article.

I am so happy that her family is persuing this line with Drew. They deserve and the children deserve to have this reopened and examined by a jury that has more facts then the last jury did.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back