Keep His Name Off The Forums

Sadly, now that "he-who-shall-not-be-named" has insinuated himself into this case, there will be desperate IDIs who will nod knowingly as they insist "he wasn't charged, but I am sure he was there and I think he did it!". His name will forever remain in the pool of dodgy suspects because of these wing-nuts....imho

He's a confessed child molester and pedophile
Aspidistra, where did John Mark Karr say he molested children? I don't mean people jumping to conclusions because of his affection with young children, I mean an actual confession. People have been jumping to illogical points for the past week based on their own limited views and it's getting tiresome. Especially the people saying, "He LOOKS creepy so he should be thrown in JAIL!!!111"

Glenn Beck has refused to say Karr's name on his show and calls him "Captain High Pants". Karr has molested children before and it's been proven. One of the schools fired him for being overly affectionate with female students. To me, any pervert touching or even patting a child on the head is molestation due to why they are there and even working around the child in the first place. Karr also sounds like a person who fantasizes about wanting to be with dead girls.

One of the schools fired him for being overly affectionate with female students. To me, any pervert touching or even patting a child on the head is molestation due to why they are there and even working around the child in the first place.
Well, that's fine if it's your definition, but first you have to prove someone is a pervert. I had many men pat me on the head when I was growing up but I'm 100% I wasn't molested. Because it was a pat on the head. Are grown men forbidden to touch girls no matter how innocent it may be? Because he might be a pervert? Or because he might have five whole DELETED pictures on his hard drive?

John Mark Karr (the stink about not using his name anymore when it's ALL OVER this board is ridiculous) was let go for being too affectionate. That's it. There have been no claims of molestation, just inappropriate behavior. You can't charge someone with being inappropriate or "weird". He was obssessed with the case. Big deal. Those of you with over 1,000 posts on this topic should rethink how "crazy" he really is. There's nothing to charge him with except for the pictures on his hard drive, which is really suspect since there were only five and they were deleted. If he were really into child *advertiser censored*, I think they would've hit a gold mine of pictures and videos that weren't in the recycle bin.

Karr also sounds like a person who fantasizes about wanting to be with dead girls.
So? You can't punish a person for fantasies. Because they're just that - fantasies.

Aren't you guys forgetting that it was Tracey who turned him in and that he DIDN'T want to be arrested nor be identified by LE nor anyone else?

I can see the IDI people wanting to forget about his connection to this case, after all the most famous IDI detective, Lou Smit, seconded this arrest, thereby coming off just as loony as Tracey and taking the DA down the tubes with him too, but he NOW IS part of the history of this case and in spite of the charges not being made, he serves to confirm, IMO, the preferential treatment that the RAmseys received, insofar as Boulder was quite capable of arresting someone with NO proof whatsoever. I don't want to forget this chapter of the case because, frankly, it has IMO done serious damage to the IDI team.

JMO

IF...having to have watched this fiasco play out will help more people realize that just because a DA or judge says there is enough evidence to go all the way to Thailand on a probable cause warrant, it doesn't mean that the evidence is there...

Anymore than that same DA or judge concluding and publicly stating that all of the evidence points to an intruder makes that a fact.

Or that just because a man appears to be twisted and exactly the kind of person who would rape and murder a little girl does not mean that he committed the crime. Even when he is trying to convince anyone who will listen that he did it.

IF...the unmentionable name had to surface now to remind people of this terrible crime...and IF he had to exist to get people to look back and to research the evidence with minds cleared of preconceived perceptions...

Then, in my opinion, his emergence served a purpose.

I have to say that all of what I knew about JonBenet's murder, before the last two weeks, was based upon what I read in People or Time. Since I have found this and another message board and gotten information from the links, the case looks entirely different.

Aren't you guys forgetting that it was Tracey who turned him in and that he DIDN'T want to be arrested nor be identified by LE nor anyone else?
I know! I don't understand people and the media saying John Mark Karr is looking for attention when it's clear he was pursued by Mary Lacy. They arrested him, he didn't walk into the Boulder police department saying, "I did it! She had a runny nose that night! I know because I did it!" He never confessed. All of his statements were roundabout. He has his theories just like all of us do. He might've felt a more spiritual connection to JonBenet and her death, but he never said he did it.

LoneDuck said:
Well, that's fine if it's your definition, but first you have to prove someone is a pervert. I had many men pat me on the head when I was growing up but I'm 100% I wasn't molested. Because it was a pat on the head. Are grown men forbidden to touch girls no matter how innocent it may be? Because he might be a pervert? Or because he might have five whole DELETED pictures on his hard drive?

John Mark Karr (the stink about not using his name anymore when it's ALL OVER this board is ridiculous) was let go for being too affectionate. That's it. There have been no claims of molestation, just inappropriate behavior. You can't charge someone with being inappropriate or "weird". He was obssessed with the case. Big deal. Those of you with over 1,000 posts on this topic should rethink how "crazy" he really is. There's nothing to charge him with except for the pictures on his hard drive, which is really suspect since there were only five and they were deleted. If were really into child *advertiser censored*, I think they would've hit a gold mine of pictures and videos that weren't in the recycle bin.

So? You can't punish a person for fantasies. Because they're just that - fantasies.
LoneDuck,
Karr HAS, HIMSELF, admitted to molestation of children. Read the emails that he and Tracey sent back and forth. They are truly disgusting. Who knows if it is true or not, because, obviously we all know he likes to tell stories---but you are saying that "there are no claims of molestation", when, indeed, there are.

LoneDuck said:
I know! I don't understand people and the media saying John Mark Karr is looking for attention when it's clear he was pursued by Mary Lacy. They arrested him, he didn't walk into the Boulder police department saying, "I did it! She had a runny nose that night! I know because I did it!" He never confessed. All of his statements were roundabout. He has his theories just like all of us do. He might've felt a more spiritual connection to JonBenet and her death, but he never said he did it.
Again, read the emails. He clearly confessed.

"Karr HAS, HIMSELF, admitted to molestation of children. Read the emails that he and Tracey sent back and forth. They are truly disgusting."

Absolutely, they are disgusting.

But, as you yourself said, considering the source, not necessarily so.

However, whatever the man has or has not done, what is important as far as JonBenet is concerned is how we let his existance affect our thinking about her murder.

Are people going to be so tired of all the hoopala and tune out when they hear the name. Or are they going to do some research and end up mad because this has gone on for so long with the same old people and no closure.

Jolynna said:
Karr HAS, HIMSELF, admitted to molestation of children. Read the emails that he and Tracey sent back and forth. They are truly disgusting.

Absolutely, they are disgusting.

But, as you yourself said, considering the source, not necessarily so.

JMK's molestations could very well be delusions and fantasy.

However, whatever the man has or has not done, what is important as far as JonBenet is concerned is how we let his existance affect our thinking about her murder.

Are people going to be so tired of all the hoopala and tune out when they hear the name. Or are they going to do some research and end up mad because this has gone on for so long with the same old people and no closure.
I was replying to LoneDuck's statement that there have been no claims of molestation. And Karr himself has claimed he has molested. Of course nobody knows if it's true....but the claims ARE there.

I think it is more important how Karr's faked confession affects LE's thinking about her murder.

Jolynna and Julianne, I have not read the emails yet. If you read my post, I was clearly responding to someone who said:

Karr has molested children before and it's been proven. One of the schools fired him for being overly affectionate with female students. To me, any pervert touching or even patting a child on the head is molestation due to why they are there and even working around the child in the first place. Karr also sounds like a person who fantasizes about wanting to be with dead girls.
It has not been proven he has molested anyone. That is to say, he wasn't let go from any of his teaching positions for molesting children. Inappropriate behavior is different from molestation, at least in a court of law. In the court of public opinion people want him locked up because they think it's "gross" that he wanted a sex change. One person thought John Karr should be charged with a civil case for wrongful death. Um, yeah, sure. That'll work. *eyeroll*

Anyway, my point is there has been a lot of typical pearl clutching and anger regarding John Karr. I believe you when he said he has molested other children but, as you said, consider the source. I hope the police will follow up on Karr's claims, but who knows if it really happened at this point? The former students and employers who have given interviews have never said he was molesting students; either he was inappropriate, sucked at his job, or make students feel uncomfortable. No one ever said he was touching students in bad places. Therefore, it has not been proven he is a child molester.

No, now that you say "it hasn't been PROVEN he is a child molester", then, yes, you're right. It hasn't been proven.

He just claimed that he killed JonBenet, that he made love to her, that he "had sex" with her and other little girls, that he kissed her "tight butt", that a 6 year old student of his sat down next to him and her "sex" was so close to him that it drove him crazy, says that an 8 year old little girl seduced him, he married a 13 year old girl, but you're right...he's not a PROVEN molester.

But I'll bet you anything that even though this guy isn't a PROVEN child molester, you would NEVER let him within 100 feet of your daughter/son/grandchild/niece/nephew. Guarantee it.

So, in this aspect, PROVEN is just a word. I know enough about this creep to know that I'd take his life before he would come within range of my children.

"But I'll bet you anything that even though this guy isn't a PROVEN child molester, you would NEVER let him within 100 feet of your daughter/son/grandchild/niece/nephew. Guarantee it."

You are correct.

He just claimed that he killed JonBenet, that he made love to her, that he "had sex" with her and other little girls, that he kissed her "tight butt", that a 6 year old student of his sat down next to him and her "sex" was so close to him that it drove him crazy, says that an 8 year old little girl seduced him, he married a 13 year old girl, but you're right...he's not a PROVEN molester.
Okay, we'll take out the word "proven" then. He said he did all of that to JonBenet and ... what's that? Oh right, he was cleared in the murder because they had nothing on him. He didn't kill her, didn't make love to her, didn't kiss her butt, wasn't anywhere near Boulder that night. But let's quickly take him on his word that he thinks an eight-year old seduced him. The six-year old's "sex" drove him crazy - did he DO anything about it? Did he rape her? Did he touch her sexually? No, he's just rambling about his fantasies. You can't take one thing that has been proven (i.e. he didn't kill Jonbenet) toss it out and point to other things as truth.

He needs help, that much is true.

The marriage to a 13 year old is abnormal, but where were her parents to stop this? Did he drag her into the marriage? Because I have a hard time believing she didn't have any choice but to marry him. After all, she's not exactly a child, she's a teen. Her parents could've stopped it. She could've stopped it.

That's another story in itself because a thirteen year old is much more developed than a six year old. Maybe he wanted control? But there are many men out there that want to control women, and it doesn't make them pedophiles.

Unfortunately, thoughts and fantasies cannot be controlled and we can't throw people into prison for having thoughts. Again, that was what I was saying when I originally responded to the post.

To be honest I'm more afraid of the men who are registered sex offenders than men like John Karr who seem to stay on the passive side. When he faces the charges in California and becomes a registered sex offender, I'll include him in that group.

LoneDuck said:
Okay, we'll take out the word "proven" then. He said he did all of that to JonBenet and ... what's that? Oh right, he was cleared in the murder because they had nothing on him. He didn't kill her, didn't make love to her, didn't kiss her butt, wasn't anywhere near Boulder that night. But let's quickly take him on his word that he thinks an eight-year old seduced him. The six-year old's "sex" drove him crazy - did he DO anything about it? Did he rape her? Did he touch her sexually? No, he's just rambling about his fantasies. You can't take one thing that has been proven (i.e. he didn't kill Jonbenet) toss it out and point to other things as truth.

The marriage to a 13 year old is abnormal, but where were her parents to stop this? Did he drag her into the marriage? Because I have a hard time believing she didn't have any choice but to marry him. After all, she's not exactly a child, she's a teen. Her parents could've stopped it. She could've stopped it.

That's another story in itself because a thirteen year old is much more developed than a six year old. Maybe he wanted control? But there are many men out there that want to control women, and it doesn't make them pedophiles.

Unfortunately, thoughts and fantasies cannot be controlled and we can't throw people into prison for having thoughts. Again, that was what I was saying when I originally responded to the post.

To be honest I'm more afraid of the men who are registered sex offenders than men like John Karr who seem to stay on the passive side. When he faces the charges in California and becomes a registered sex offender, I'll include him in that group.
And I am MORE afraid of the ones WHO HAVEN'T BEEN CAUGHT YET. At least with the registered sex offenders, there is a name and a face, LE notifies you when they move into your neighborhood, they have to report to LE every couple of months, they have to give employer contact information, new addresses if they move, etc. Sure, I know there are absconders, but at least we have data on them, and photos. For every registered sex offender, there are probably 50 others out there that remain undetected and continue assaulting their victims under the radar. Scary.

Just because he falsely confessed in the JBR case, doesn't mean this guy remains on the "passive" side. That's a dangerous conclusion to come to, IMO.

IMO, anyone who fantasizes and has thoughts about sexual encounters with little girls is extremely dangerous. This man changed his career so that he could be closer to little children!! With all of his thoughts about molesting little girls and changing careers mid-life to be closer to kids, it's not a stretch to think he has acted on his thoughts---even less of a stretch when he freely admits it.

So, since you say Karr is "just having thoughts" and fantasizing, would you allow him near any of your children or nieces/nephews/grandkids/godchildren/ etc.?

LoneDuck said:

Well, his teaching career should be down the tubes world-wide! :clap: And his picture has been plastered all over the world by now, so even a sex change won't help him hide!!!

IMO, anyone who fantasizes and has thoughts about sexual encounters with little girls is extremely dangerous.
You don't know who is fantasizing though. Start thinking everyone i.e. teachers, coaches, family members fantasizing about any young children in your family and take appropriate precaution.

See my point? You only fear Karr because you've read what he thinks. You haven't had the opportunity to read the thoughts of any male in your life. Those men are "safe" until some kind of evidence is found to change your point of view. There are nameless, faceless men fantasizing about the kids close to you. It doesn't mean they will act.

If we had never heard of John Karr, would you fear him? Have you done anything different in the past week to make sure any "extrememly dangerous" mens' thoughts and fantasies won't affect your family?

Just because he falsely confessed in the JBR case, doesn't mean this guy remains on the "passive" side. That's a dangerous conclusion to come to, IMO.
No need to qualify your posts with IMO, that's pretty clear since it's a message board. So he lied about killing JonBenet, but he's clearly telling the truth about molesting other kids? When none have them have come forth to say he did? Interesting. I'd think even if a kid did not come forth initially to say he molested them, there would be some first, second, or third-hand accounts saying he molested someone once his name hit the media, if only to make him guilty of something.

So, since you say Karr is "just having thoughts" and fantasizing, would you allow him near any of your children or nieces/nephews/grandkids/godchildren/ etc.?

I guess I should address this since you took the trouble to write it in BIG BOLD LETTERS. I can't keep my children/neices/nephews/grandkids/godchildren away from Karr because I wasn't born with the talent to read people's thoughts or know what their fantasies are. The chances of him coming in contact with them are nil. Again, you didn't know about Karr or Karr's thoughts or Karr's fantasies until his name came up in the media. You now know Karr has these thoughts and fantasies, but he hasn't been brought up on charges. So start channeling that fear by suspecting every male who comes into your children/neices/nephews/grandkids/godchild's life, even if they're already in their lives. Suspect every male because you never know what they're thinking about. That's a great a way to live.

Well, his teaching career should be down the tubes world-wide! :clap: And his picture has been plastered all over the world by now, so even a sex change won't help him hide!!!
Well yeah, that goes without saying even without your clapping icon. But there are others out there who are just like John Karr. They fantasize and think things, but they won't ever get in touch with Michael Tracey. What do we do?

He hasn't done damage to the IDI team. HE's done damage to justice for JBR. And now if he gets rich from this, that will be the ultimate injury.

I personally think Mary Lacy needs to buy the pervert a ticket back to Thailand and let that country continue dealing with him. I was perfectly happy with him stalking the streets there. Now, he'll be out on our streets probably in less than a year. What did she accomplish? We now have one more child pedophile we have to worry about. Lacy should step down. What a joke.

The guy was just a "LEECH". And he does need to put on the "ignore list".

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz
Back