Keep His Name Off The Forums

stonewall said:
He hasn't done damage to the IDI team. HE's done damage to justice for JBR. And now if he gets rich from this, that will be the ultimate injury.

I personally think Mary Lacy needs to buy the pervert a ticket back to Thailand and let that country continue dealing with him. I was perfectly happy with him stalking the streets there. Now, he'll be out on our streets probably in less than a year. What did she accomplish? We now have one more child pedophile we have to worry about. Lacy should step down. What a joke.
yeah, right. He is an American Citizen so therefore he is an American problem. I do not want to see him stalking the streets of Thailand .What makes it right for him to be stalking there streets? Ah, yeah, i get it. THEY ARE NOT YOUR STREETS!
Nice attitude.

kazzbar said:
yeah, right. He is an American Citizen so therefore he is an American problem. I do not want to see him stalking the streets of Thailand .What makes it right for him to be stalking there streets? Ah, yeah, i get it. THEY ARE NOT YOUR STREETS!
Nice attitude.
He was their problem and he should have stayed their problem. And yes they are my streets. I believe my tax dollars pay for them.

stonewall said:
He was their problem and he should have stayed their problem. And yes they are my streets. I believe my tax dollars pay for them.
Your tax dollars pay for the streets of Thailand?

I say, Keep Karr's Name ON the Forums! This website and it's posters would do well to keep up with John Mark Karr's legal status and location for the rest of his life in attempt to prevent him from being ever again located near children, or having any access to them.

LoneDuck said:
You don't know who is fantasizing though. Start thinking everyone i.e. teachers, coaches, family members fantasizing about any young children in your family and take appropriate precaution.

See my point? You only fear Karr because you've read what he thinks. You haven't had the opportunity to read the thoughts of any male in your life. Those men are "safe" until some kind of evidence is found to change your point of view. There are nameless, faceless men fantasizing about the kids close to you. It doesn't mean they will act.

If we had never heard of John Karr, would you fear him? Have you done anything different in the past week to make sure any "extrememly dangerous" mens' thoughts and fantasies won't affect your family?

No need to qualify your posts with IMO, that's pretty clear since it's a message board. So he lied about killing JonBenet, but he's clearly telling the truth about molesting other kids? When none have them have come forth to say he did? Interesting. I'd think even if a kid did not come forth initially to say he molested them, there would be some first, second, or third-hand accounts saying he molested someone once his name hit the media, if only to make him guilty of something.

I guess I should address this since you took the trouble to write it in BIG BOLD LETTERS. I can't keep my children/neices/nephews/grandkids/godchildren away from Karr because I wasn't born with the talent to read people's thoughts or know what their fantasies are. The chances of him coming in contact with them are nil. Again, you didn't know about Karr or Karr's thoughts or Karr's fantasies until his name came up in the media. You now know Karr has these thoughts and fantasies, but he hasn't been brought up on charges. So start channeling that fear by suspecting every male who comes into your children/neices/nephews/grandkids/godchild's life, even if they're already in their lives. Suspect every male because you never know what they're thinking about. That's a great a way to live.

Well yeah, that goes without saying even without your clapping icon. But there are others out there who are just like John Karr. They fantasize and think things, but they won't ever get in touch with Michael Tracey. What do we do?
You're right...I DON'T know who is fantasizing and having creepy thoughts about kids. I never said I did. Not once. I think you are completely missing the point. You said I only fear Karr because I read what he thinks....You got that right! That's enough for me. And, no, in answer to your question, if I had never heard of Karr, of course I would not fear him.

At this point, I'm not sure what YOUR point is. You're whole post was basically saying I can't predict who is a child molester because I'm not psychic and therefore I can't read their thoughts. Well, BINGO..you're right again....so your point is...????

And I thank you for telling me that I do not need to qualify my posts with IMO, but if I put in my post I obviously felt like I needed to. Same goes for the poster who you critiqued because they used the clapping icon. We'll let you know when we need the Post Police, though, okay?:D :D :clap: :clap:

The reason I put my question to you in big, bold letters is because you wouldn't answer that question in any of your previous posts. You still didn't. No biggie---if it makes you feel uncomfortable to answer that, you don't have to.

To suggest that I should suspect every male in my childrens lives as being a child molester is just ludicrous. Even laughable. Since you repeatedly informed me that I cannot read thoughts, I will once again give you your kudos and say "you're right." But we ALL now know what kind of thoughts Karr has, and it doesn't take a mind reader to figure that out.:sick: :sick:

dottierainbow said:
If John Mark Karr has no place to go , would you open up your home to him if you had children?
Amy
Great post, Amy. That's basically the jist of what I was asking....if LoneDuck would allow Karr near his/hers children or child relatives, but all I get is a dissertation on how I am not psychic and can't read peoples thoughts.:laugh: :waitasec:
I'm fairly certain 99% of WS posters would answer that with a resounding NO.

BTW, your clowns are incredible! What an awesome thing! There's a special place in Heaven for people like you!!!:blowkiss:

I think Lone Duck's point is not whether or not he would allow JMK near his kids or grandkids, but whether or not there is any evidence that JMK molested children.

Words and thoughts are not a crime. Even when they are disgusting and vile.

Whether or not I or Lame Duck or anyone else would let JMK near any child is not proof of the man's past actions either.

Jolynna,

I don't think anyone here is saying that words and thoughts ARE a crime. Of course words and thoughts aren't crimes.

The fact that we now know what kind of disgusting thoughts permeate throughout the dark recesses of his mind, is very telling as to the type of person he is. That is someone who should be kept away from any children for as long as possible. How can anyone argue with that?

LovelyPigeon said:
I say, Keep Karr's Name ON the Forums! This website and it's posters would do well to keep up with John Mark Karr's legal status and location for the rest of his life in attempt to prevent him from being ever again located near children, or having any access to them.
I agree, LP. He needs to never have access to children. Never.

Jolynna said:
I think Lone Duck's point is not whether or not he would allow JMK near his kids or grandkids, but whether or not there is any evidence that JMK molested children.

Words and thoughts are not a crime. Even when they are disgusting and vile.

Whether or not I or Lame Duck or anyone else would let JMK near any child is not proof of the man's past actions either.

It is true that Karr hasn't been charged with molestation yet. I believe that Karr is more interested in dead girls than live ones and that is really dangerous. I will never believe that many men fantasize about children. This is ridiculous. In the first place, men are too aggressive and would act on it. The world would be even worse than it is now. I don't understand how anyone would think that most men fantasize about children sexually.

dottierainbow said:
Thank you Julianne! :blowkiss: May I give you a round of applause?:clap:
My clowns :p thank you too!
Amy
Thanks, Amy. A round of applause right back at ya!:clap: :clap: :clap: ;) :cool:

LoneDuck said:
The marriage to a 13 year old is abnormal, but where were her parents to stop this? Did he drag her into the marriage? Because I have a hard time believing she didn't have any choice but to marry him. After all, she's not exactly a child, she's a teen. Her parents could've stopped it. She could've stopped it.

Duck, I don't want to get bogged down by specifics here, I mean why should it start now? But, a 13-year old IS A CHILD anyway you look at it.

I agree. A 13-year old IS a child--and not necessarily going to be protected by the adults in her/his life (See the Warren Steed Jeffs situation, for example.)

It's not necessary to be a mind-reader to recognize a child molester. You need to look at how people act, their behaviors. Gavin de Becker, in his book The Gift of Fear, explains that it is possible to make predictions about who (in a given person's environment) might pose a danger. People like him (as well as LE officers) earn their livings making such predictions. Clearly, this man's behavior must be problematic or he wouldn't have been dismissed or fired from every teaching position he has held.

Exactly, pittsburghgirl. I had forgotten to point out that he had been fired from every teaching position he ever held, so I am glad that you did.

A 13 year old IS still very much a child. Sure, older than 6....but a child nonetheless.

The need for some to defend this crumb against rants of being a depraved person just boggles my mind.

julianne said:
A 13 year old IS still very much a child. Sure, older than 6....but a child nonetheless.

The need for some to defend this crumb against rants of being a depraved person just boggles my mind.
Yup! I was 13 when I was molested, and I didn't see it coming, neither did the adults in my life because my molester was a trusted family member.:(

LinasK said:
Yup! I was 13 when I was molested, and I didn't see it coming, neither did the adults in my life because my molester was a trusted family member.:(
i am so sorry my dear:(( u deserved to be safe.
my heart breaks for all who are damaged this way by depraved sicko's.

julianne said:
You're right...I DON'T know who is fantasizing and having creepy thoughts about kids. I never said I did. Not once. I think you are completely missing the point. You said I only fear Karr because I read what he thinks....You got that right! That's enough for me. And, no, in answer to your question, if I had never heard of Karr, of course I would not fear him.

At this point, I'm not sure what YOUR point is. You're whole post was basically saying I can't predict who is a child molester because I'm not psychic and therefore I can't read their thoughts. Well, BINGO..you're right again....so your point is...????

And I thank you for telling me that I do not need to qualify my posts with IMO, but if I put in my post I obviously felt like I needed to. Same goes for the poster who you critiqued because they used the clapping icon. We'll let you know when we need the Post Police, though, okay?:D :D :clap: :clap:

The reason I put my question to you in big, bold letters is because you wouldn't answer that question in any of your previous posts. You still didn't. No biggie---if it makes you feel uncomfortable to answer that, you don't have to.

To suggest that I should suspect every male in my childrens lives as being a child molester is just ludicrous. Even laughable. Since you repeatedly informed me that I cannot read thoughts, I will once again give you your kudos and say "you're right." But we ALL now know what kind of thoughts Karr has, and it doesn't take a mind reader to figure that out.:sick: :sick:
actually sweetie-we should suspect every male-suspect until we dont feel the need-thats exactly what we should be doing-since one cant know who is or isnt doing such things
karr has also been covertly abusive to children and thats not ok either-when u linger too long, watch children in the bath, and have a mind like his-he is getting off on that..he is scum

newtv said:
actually sweetie-we should suspect every male-suspect until we dont feel the need-thats exactly what we should be doing-since one cant know who is or isnt doing such things
karr has also been covertly abusive to children and thats not ok either-when u linger too long, watch children in the bath, and have a mind like his-he is getting off on that..he is scum
I am a fairly suspicious person in general, especially after reading WS for so long, lol. But I don't automatically suspect any male right off the bat. I keep a very close eye on my children and the people who are around them. I watch for any signs that I should be aware of, spoken or unspoken. I feel I am a pretty good judge of character, and there have been many times where my "hinky meter" has gone off instantly either upon simply making eye contact with someone or meeting them. When that happens, I immediately (and silently) acknowledge that to myself, and I trust my instinct enough to know that I am feeling that way for a reason. I may not know WHAT the reason is, but I trust my feelings enough to know that there IS a reason.

But I don't immediately suspect any male as being a child molester. Maybe I should, but I don't think I could comfortably live like that. I know that evil lurks everywhere. So, I understand WHAT you mean when you say I should suspect every male until I don't feel like I need to...but I am a firm believer in womans intuition. A very very wise woman once said to ALWAYS trust your instincts, and I do, and my instinct has never let me down yet. I've been a mother for over 16 years, and no harm has ever befell any of my children yet, and I know for a fact, in a few instances, that one reason why no harm has ever come is because I have trusted my instinct.

Sorry if I seem to be rambling....been a long day

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phnix
Back