KS - Patricia Kimmi, 58, Horton, 6 Nov 2009 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
is the talk that the ex and Hollister know one another? This is not exactly a rumor because it was reported in some media reports that are already linked here

is the talk that the ex and Hollister know one another? This is not exactly a rumor because it was reported in some media reports that are already linked here

thats not talk, its a fact, now the actual depth of their relationship im not sure about, havent heard even by rumour

what im saying about talk on the street, ill just give it as a report, dont take it as anything i actually believe, i wont seperate that

early consesus was EK's hands were dirty from the word go
then came the stories of would he have did it himself or farmed it out (the man is pre-convicted & judged there, so it isnt a IF he did it)
then the rumours of what a hit costs...offset by the long term savings in what he wouldnt have to pay her anymore
then the stories of how it was done, probable disposal locations, etc

i for one appreciate that the rumors seem to be just rumors, the less real evidence that is floating around, the less chance it becomes in-addmissable when an arrest is made

i know a guy (well enough that i could ask him anything & get an honest answer) that was on the scene when the dentures were found (a citizen search volenteer), all he commented is that it appeared to be a rough struggle, it ought to be good evidence, & we shouldnt talk about it....now my guess is that LE used their heads & said, "this family is counting on us, lets dont loose this evidence by making it public info"...thats just a guess tho, i was never on any of the search teams

I was born and raised in SE KS and hwj is describing EXACTLY the Kansas I know, in terms of the respect for the investigation, the caring and respect for the victim's family, and the inevitable rumors on the street and the cautious approach to those rumors.

thanks hwj for your post.

You know what we don't know a thing about really is the Hollisters... how are they connected to Pat vanishing? It boggles the mind. I hope LE is on it like black on a night sky.

From my perspective, since Horton is a very small town and
the Kimmi's have lived there for many years,
there would be divided loyalties.
Patricia's ex husband owns a business near there.
Patricia knows many people.
After the Kimmi's divorced, I am sure people take sides,
just kind of what happens.

So, I am sure Patricia's disappearance has started
different camps.
Probably before her disappearance.

Do salvage yards bury autobody parts? I have a little experience with salvage yards and have never heard that. I don't care how damaged it could be, salvaged metal is too valuable to bury. So why did they bury it? Does the salvage yard have any personal connection to any of the key players?

I live in a rural area and it's not uncommon to see truck beds laying out in a pasture or beside a house. Farmers and ranchers take the beds off so they can convert their pickups into flatbeds for hauling hay, etc. So a salvage yard may not be suspicious of a farmer bringing in a just a truck bed to get rid of. But to bury it? That would be throwing away money.

hey there (((Q)))!

the truck bed or parts of the truck were found burried on the Hollister property where the search warrant was served. Other parts of the truck were found at a salvage yard in the other town.

hey there (((Q)))!

the truck bed or parts of the truck were found burried on the Hollister property where the search warrant was served. Other parts of the truck were found at a salvage yard in the other town.

Ah ok. That explains why I thought it was unusual for a salvage yard to bury autobody parts. Cause they didn't.

Kimmi case heats up
Sketchy details emerge to enhance investigation

Authorities agree that patience might serve as the key to solve the mysterious disappearance of 58-year-old Patricia Kimmi.
"I think any person or those responsible for (Ms. Kimmi's) missing has (or have) a reason to be concerned," Sheriff Calhoon said.

http://www.atchisonglobeonline.com/main.asp?SectionID=16&SubSectionID=33&ArticleID=13396

Interesting that they slipped in a thank you to the Kansas Lottery in amongst all those LE agencies.....any ideas on what that might indicate?

Interesting that they slipped in a thank you to the Kansas Lottery in amongst all those LE agencies.....any ideas on what that might indicate?

A puzzler. Detective got winning scratch-off during coffee break? Hard to say; I wouldn't think they'd borrowed a backhoe from the Kansas Lottery or anything like that.

The lottery does have security officials, who might have volunteered to assist in the search, actually.

I saw that info in yesterday's Seneca newspaper. They had very up close pics too of the part of the truck they hauled off the Hollister farm. They said it had "been burned but you could see that it had been painted red at one time". They also reported on the salvage yard at Axtell and interviewed the owner who said that LE did come and collect a burned part of a truck early last week - but as this is a criminal investigation he could not comment further. This was the FIRST I had heard of the salvage yard. There has to be an arrest soon. How can anyone explain why he would tear his truck apart, burn it up, sell part of it off to a salvage yard and bury part of it??

About the pics... I wondered if they were submitted to the paper as I doubt very much that LE allowed reporters in while they were searching.

Kimmi case heats up
Sketchy details emerge to enhance investigation

Authorities agree that patience might serve as the key to solve the mysterious disappearance of 58-year-old Patricia Kimmi.
"I think any person or those responsible for (Ms. Kimmi's) missing has (or have) a reason to be concerned," Sheriff Calhoon said.

http://www.atchisonglobeonline.com/main.asp?SectionID=16&SubSectionID=33&ArticleID=13396

more from your link... interesting stuff I bolded

We want to make sure those responsible have their consequences," Sheriff Calhoon said of Ms. Kimmi's abduction from her home south of Horton. "Any potential arrests that might be forthcoming will come from the direction of the county attorney.

"When he's ready, he will move forward."

Atchison County Attorney Jerry Kuckelman echoed the sentiment and indicated that the case continued to build in wake of a concentrated search near Sabetha at the Roger and Rebecca Hollister residence.

"I think any person or those responsible for (Ms. Kimmi's) missing has (or have) a reason to be concerned," Sheriff Calhoon said. He additionally reminded the public that a $50,000 reward remained on the table for any information that leads to any arrests and convictions in the matter.

"A case of this magnitude continues daily," he said. "There are plenty of leads and plenty of reports to keep progressing onward."

Sheriff Calhoon declined to elaborate on the recent details that have emerged since the concentrated effort, or the relationship between Ms. Kimmi and the Hollisters.

He did confirm that evidence seized and confiscated from the site included a Chevy Silverado pickup truck and a John Deere tractor. Authorities credited the discovery, confiscation and seizure of a dismantled pickup truck as a crucial piece of evidence - the piece that led to the concentrated search and excavation on the Hollister farm.

Sheriff Calhoon continued to decline comment on where or how authorities obtained the truck, or its ownership.

He did indicate that there have been determinations to continue search efforts within a 60-70-mile radius, and that forensic laboratory testing is ongoing.

for some reason I bet they don't have all the parts to the dismantled truck... and they also have not found Pat yet...

Maybe a lottery official recognized the money clip -- if RH cashed in a large ticket at some time?

I saw that info in yesterday's Seneca newspaper. They had very up close pics too of the part of the truck they hauled off the Hollister farm. They said it had "been burned but you could see that it had been painted red at one time". They also reported on the salvage yard at Axtell and interviewed the owner who said that LE did come and collect a burned part of a truck early last week - but as this is a criminal investigation he could not comment further. This was the FIRST I had heard of the salvage yard. There has to be an arrest soon. How can anyone explain why he would tear his truck apart, burn it up, sell part of it off to a salvage yard and bury part of it??

About the pics... I wondered if they were submitted to the paper as I doubt very much that LE allowed reporters in while they were searching.
was it a truck bed??? the only pictures I have seen have been of the very intact silver truck (which is not the burned, painted red, dismantled one you are describing)... will see if the seneca is online... is it from atchison or horton?

was it a truck bed??? the only pictures I have seen have been of the very intact silver truck (which is not the burned, painted red, dismantled one you are describing)... will see if the seneca is online... is it from atchison or horton?

Couldn't find it online, but maybe you can. It would be interesting to see the photos. Maybe they'll show up another paper soon.

okay.. I am rather pleased with myself (as I am not good with finding stuff online) but I found a link to the seneca newspaper that has a picture of the truck part that they dug up and it does indeed look like a truck bed/large part of a truck... and I now have serious heebie jeebies about the hollisters!

http://www.couriertribuneonline.com/v2/content.aspx?ID=8181&MemberID=1670

note: to see this clearly you need to increase/zoom your view size

lol @ Ali.~ :) we found it at the same time... note the second picture.. it shows where they are digging it out of a corn field!!!!! and it sure as heck does look burned/scorched

okay... I am looking closer at that truck piece and it also looks crushed. Could this be why they took the tractor? Something large had to run over it/etc to smash it in this way!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500