KS - Serial rapist targeting Kansas college campuses starting in Oct 2000

attachment.php

reread the poster and all the attacks not just some were over school breaks which makes me think even more it is someone local to Manhattan. 3 of the attacks happened at the Chase apartment complex which is a big fairly popular apartment complex near the stadium. Wonder if he lived there or had friends who lived there at the time.

"Second floor apartments"...strange because more risky as to entering and exiting, but could offer more cover I suppose....I would guess more assaults of this nature usually occur in first story units, as with burgularies?

Active for at least 8 years...reminds me of a case in which Rossmo's theory was brought in...the investigator for the beltway sniper was called in....

"One incident involved 2 victims"...brazen. and likely getting more brazen.

The culture in Kansas seems to be all about covering up crime, rather than addressing it. I think this person might be a landlord who rents off campus houses and duplexes to students at both campuses or a maintenance person. That way, he would have easy access to keys for these houses. It would explain why there is never any evidence of forced entry.

I've seen this exact same scenario in another case before.

"Second floor apartments"...strange because more risky as to entering and exiting, but could offer more cover I suppose....I would guess more assaults of this nature usually occur in first story units, as with burgularies?

Active for at least 8 years...reminds me of a case in which Rossmo's theory was brought in...the investigator for the beltway sniper was called in....

"One incident involved 2 victims"...brazen. and likely getting more brazen.

I was surprised about the 2nd floor, also. I always picked 2nd and 3rd floor apartments when I was younger and had my daughter do the same when she recently moved out because of the safety factor. She actually read the information on the victims and commented on how so many things fit her. Thank goodness we don't live in Manhattan or Lawrence!!

I was surprised about the 2nd floor, also. I always picked 2nd and 3rd floor apartments when I was younger and had my daughter do the same when she recently moved out because of the safety factor. She actually read the information on the victims and commented on how so many things fit her. Thank goodness we don't live in Manhattan or Lawrence!!

Mee too on the safety factor...

The 7 year break in this perpetrators' activity is significant.

Hmmm unless he happened to be in dormant or cool off mode (doubtful, imo), he may been living or working somewhere else...maybe we can see if we can find a different cluster of college campus rapes during this time period?

LE should get a updated sketch out, he must have put on weight as that one doesn't look like someone with a "heavy build" imo

Likely indicates incarceration.

Indeed. So, maybe for SA, but LE obviously hasn't made the connection yet.
Surely they would have noticed this lapse and checked people incarcerated during this time? They haven't gotten a DNA hit. I would guess the probability of this case being solved is high, moo.

It would be great to have a visual aid, map withe dates... (hint, hint, lol)

I wonder if these are related in anyway? http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...e-kit-reveals-home-invading-SK-rapist-1990-98

Just seems a little odd putting some things together? Unknown DNA in the 90's ....description in the 2000's....all involving a gun and violence. Wonder if this guy traveled through different states during this time and then was a bit heavier in 2015? Wonder if he could be Delphi, Indiana suspect at all?

Why are they specific about being 33? Wondering if they have an idea today....wonder if anything is related and coming together?

Just a little speculating and:thinking:

My opinion only of course....always :thinking:

Likely indicates incarceration.

I personally doubt it, since there likely would've been a DNA match. Despite LE not coming clear on what has connected these crimes, I would assume they have some form of biological evidence that has connected all of these attacks.

This article was posted recently. Just as as an FYI, I take anything our DA says with a grain of salt and do not believe he takes sexual assault seriously due to a few cases I know of and I am linking one such case at the end of this post.

D.A. responds to controversial untested rape kit data

Riley County (Manhattan) has 159 untested rape kits and Douglas County (Lawrence) has 0.

http://ksn.com/2015/07/17/d-a-responds-to-controversial-untested-rape-kit-data/

http://www.kake.com/story/35334797/accused-sex-offender-could-avoid-jail-time

I think definitely connected somehow
or a professor? student/TA? or service provider ... contract cleaning or construction worker

I had thought possible military, because of Ft. Riley, and wondered if the physical description matched him in his younger years. The later description of heavy set with large stomach does not fit active military, I would hope. Talked to one friend in Manhattan but they could offer no additional help. I have a call in to two other friends there so will see what turns up.
Most I have discussed this with also believe someone connected with one of the universities. Bad deal. This kind of stuff and assaulting kids really gets my blood boiling. You'll have a great weekend!

I personally doubt it, since there likely would've been a DNA match. Despite LE not coming clear on what has connected these crimes, I would assume they have some form of biological evidence that has connected all of these attacks.

That's assuming he had given a DNA sample. He may have been incarcerated before it was required.

I had thought possible military, because of Ft. Riley, and wondered if the physical description matched him in his younger years. The later description of heavy set with large stomach does not fit active military, I would hope. Talked to one friend in Manhattan but they could offer no additional help. I have a call in to two other friends there so will see what turns up.
Most I have discussed this with also believe someone connected with one of the universities. Bad deal. This kind of stuff and assaulting kids really gets my blood boiling. You'll have a great weekend!

I had thought maybe military at first, but no one in the military would have been in the area for 8-15 years. Most military families I know have not been stationed at Ft. Riley for anymore than 4 years but typically only 2 years before they pcs somewhere else. I think it's more likely that is it's someone local to Manhattan or connected to KSU.

Hey Shadetree....was there any construction going on near the University's campus or near an Interstate during those particular years at all?

Hey Shadetree....was there any construction going on near the University's campus or near an Interstate during those particular years at all?

Yes there was major construction on the access roads from I70 into Manhattan for access to the city and Ft Riley. If I remember correctly though it would have been in the latter years. I'll check with my contacts there as to the years, they have lived there since the 80's. You may have stumbled onto something here!

mmmm, works on the Turnpike, and his job moved fro Topeka to Lawrence and back?

Any assaults/rapes at Washburn, Emporia State, Wichita State?

ksturnpike.com, can't get the link to paste?

mmmm, works on the Turnpike, and his job moved fro Topeka to Lawrence and back?

Any assaults/rapes at Washburn, Emporia State, Wichita State?

ksturnpike.com, can't get the link to paste?

The primary work was done on Hwy 18 leading from I70 to Manhattan. Major reconstruction, lasted quite a while. One contact remembers cases and said construction was on at that time. He text me back today. Will press for more info and also if I can get KDOT info on construction dates.
Not sure about about Emporia State. I think they had an event or so. WSU, I live here, I think had one or two but those were apprehended if my memory serves me right.
I going to stay on this until it proves out or is eliminated as a possibility.
Thanks for the lead in on this as it hadn't occurred to me.

Could there be video surveillance of some of these areas since they are close to campus?

This article was posted recently. Just as as an FYI, I take anything our DA says with a grain of salt and do not believe he takes sexual assault seriously due to a few cases I know of and I am linking one such case at the end of this post.

D.A. responds to controversial untested rape kit data

Riley County (Manhattan) has 159 untested rape kits and Douglas County (Lawrence) has 0.

http://ksn.com/2015/07/17/d-a-responds-to-controversial-untested-rape-kit-data/

http://www.kake.com/story/35334797/accused-sex-offender-could-avoid-jail-time

400,000 rape kits are growing dust in evidence lockers, untested.

They charge women who have been raped $1000+ to gather the evidence into the rape kit and yet have no intention of ever testing most of them.

Rape Victims Are Still Being Charged for Rape Kits

In cities where they have tested their rape kits, they have found many suspects and discovered that many rapes are committed by a few serial rapists.

"Parts of the U.S. that have processed old rape kits have found it well worth their while: Detroit has almost finished clearing its backlog of more than 11,000 kits, and has found 2,616 suspects, 477 of them possible serial rapists, in the process"

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back