GUILTY KS - Vashti Seacat, 34, found slain in house fire, Kingman, 30 April 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have just entered the Twilight Zone.

so what in the h... was the purpose of all those witnesses? I am really c0nfused. Is BS now claiming that 2 kids on a VW set the fire :confused:

Just moo:
In closing, the defense attorney will enumerate all of the neighbors that heard nothing before the fire was noticed, no gunshots before, so to puts doubt in the jurors' minds whether BS had anything to do with the shooting or the fire.

That's the only thing makes sense of all these neighbor-witnesses who seem to only be there to say they heard nothing before they knew of the fire.

I think it will come out rather tone deaf as to all of the other evidence but I guess we'll see.

I watched the live stream of the Abaroa trial (in NC) and for closing the defense went first, anyone know how Kansas handles closing arguments?

Sharing some of the older news articles as I find them for anyone else playing catch up.
This article includes the dream Brett had about killing his wife. Hmmm...guy is guilty as sin, IMO, and used fear.

"Sister testifies in Kingman hearing: Victim feared her husband"
Published Tuesday, Nov. 29, 2011, at 10:55 a.m.
Updated Wednesday, June 5, 2013, at 1:48 p.m.

"Vashti Seacat, 34, told her sister about an ominous dream her husband had in February, before the divorce action, Forrest said. She testified that her sister told her that Brett Seacat had been moving around in his sleep and said he dreamed about killing her. It was part of the reason her sister was afraid, Forrest said."

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/2011/11/29/2120754/kingman-officer-testifies-seacat.html#storylink=cpy

Sharing some of the older news articles as I find them for anyone else playing catch up.
This article includes the dream Brett had about killing his wife. Hmmm...guy is guilty as sin, IMO, and used fear.

"Sister testifies in Kingman hearing: Victim feared her husband"
Published Tuesday, Nov. 29, 2011, at 10:55 a.m.
Updated Wednesday, June 5, 2013, at 1:48 p.m.

"Vashti Seacat, 34, told her sister about an ominous dream her husband had in February, before the divorce action, Forrest said. She testified that her sister told her that Brett Seacat had been moving around in his sleep and said he dreamed about killing her. It was part of the reason her sister was afraid, Forrest said."

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/2011/11/29/2120754/kingman-officer-testifies-seacat.html#storylink=cpy

Interesting... In the comments section, folks talk about BS "beating a prisoner to death". WTH is that about?

Why does she have multiple gun shot wounds. One in the neck, then one in the torso, one in the Abdomen.

I don't believe the fire made the gun repeatedly go off. I think he unloaded the gun on her.

And seeing as no other officer did any gunshot residue test on him, or checked him for anything, I have no words...

well I do. "50 years"

Thanks for the interesting article. OMG, the article reveals Brett was a loose cannon according to the victim's brother!

"A 2002 lawsuit, alleging excessive force, claimed that Seacat — while working as a sheriff's deputy — slammed 50-year-old John Mires against a concrete wall near the booking desk at the Sedgwick County Jail, causing skull fractures and brain damage. Mires, who was in jail after a DUI arrest, died six days later."

"Suspect in Kingman death had history of using force as a deputy"
Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/2011/05/22/1858968/suspect-in-kingman-death-had-history.html#storylink=cpy

Interesting... In the comments section, folks talk about BS "beating a prisoner to death". WTH is that about?

BBM It seems Seacap may be responsible for the death of someone else in the past.

"Suspect in Kingman death had history of using force as a deputy"
Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/2011/05/22/1858968/suspect-in-kingman-death-had-history.html#storylink=cpy

Why does she have multiple gun shot wounds. One in the neck, then one in the torso, one in the Abdomen.

I don't believe the fire made the gun repeatedly go off. I think he unloaded the gun on her.

And seeing as no other officer did any gunshot residue test on him, or checked him for anything, I have no words...

well I do. "50 years"

The gun "shot itself" due to the fire, said the firemen that testified.

Ok that sounded wrong. Vashti had one gunshot wound to the base of the head, the fatal shot. The rest was shrapnel from the gun shooting the rest of the bullets on its own due to the heat from the fire.

I live here in Kansas and in the same county as Kingman. It's weird because there isn't that much coverage about it here like I thought there would be. I remember hearing about it when it happened and thinking back then it was murder, not suicide. That is the census around here. I haven't read all the pages here. The last time I looked there was only a few comments. The trial is going really fast IMO.

How many hours til we start? I hate being stuck on az time.

I hope starting time doesn't get in the way of catching up on NG behind bars

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

How many hours til we start? I hate being stuck on az time.

I hope starting time doesn't get in the way of catching up on NG behind bars

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I'm in the same time zone as Kansas, if trial starts at 9:00 a.m., that's about an hour and a half away from the time on my post now (ir's just after 7:30 a.m. CDT).

Court has been starting around 8:30 CDT normally. I think that is subject to change considering the defense team is up to bat. lol

From Twitter:
Amy Renee Leiker ‏@AmyReneeLeiker 5m
Seacat's name today appears on at the end of a list of defense witnesses expected to testify. The jury will also hear from Vashti's sister.

jpkdo1.png

Next defense witness, Kathleen Forrest, Vashti's sister

jpvkvk.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads