GUILTY KS - Vashti Seacat, 34, found slain in house fire, Kingman, 30 April 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok that sounded wrong. Vashti had one gunshot wound to the base of the head, the fatal shot. The rest was shrapnel from the gun shooting the rest of the bullets on its own due to the heat from the fire.

Good morning! Hope this trial kicks in promptly at 9 or 10 am. I have to admit I do not miss the endless sidebars of the past 5 months like the Travis Alexander murder trial. And I like how quickly one witness says they were sleeping and WHAM they are excused from further testimony after @10 minutes of heated testimony about how they didn't hear anything because they were sleeping. This trial is moving right along.

The shows on HLN in the evening made me feel alot better about not knowing much about this case because they know even less. Dr Drew was talking about multiple gunshot wounds and the bizarre claim of suicide until some one contacted him and told him the heat of the fire caused the gun to fire.

What does that say about the condition of this poor woman's body? How awful for her parents, her family and friends, her two young sons when they grow up? If the gun was under the body imagine the temperature needed to cause the gun to fire. No wonder no one committed to who the body was until testing.

I don't believe this woman did this to herself and risked the lives of her precious boys.

Judge asked the attorneys to approach

302ovo2.png

UGH this defense atty is SO FREAKING SLOW.

WHAT THE HECK IS THAT??? Read this please..

PAUSE....... Because he did not know what the heck he was looking for. This Lawyer seems like a travesty to me.. Sorry... He just seems all over and no where correctly.

Just moo:
In closing, the defense attorney will enumerate all of the neighbors that heard nothing before the fire was noticed, no gunshots before, so to puts doubt in the jurors' minds whether BS had anything to do with the shooting or the fire.

That's the only thing makes sense of all these neighbor-witnesses who seem to only be there to say they heard nothing before they knew of the fire.

I think it will come out rather tone deaf as to all of the other evidence but I guess we'll see.

I watched the live stream of the Abaroa trial (in NC) and for closing the defense went first, anyone know how Kansas handles closing arguments?

It is unknown if Brett Seacat muffled the gunshot killing Vashti with a pillow. With two kids sleeping down the hall I would have. With a fire that hot I would assume that pillow material would be burnt up. I believe that the sleeping neighbors may not have heard anything until the firetrucks, EMSA vehicle and squad cars pulled in all over the place.

HCG has not been proven to cause depression or suicidal thoughts at all.

Defense is blowing smoke IMO

HCG has not been proven to cause depression or suicidal thoughts at all.

Defense is blowing smoke IMO

Agreed. They know he is busted on the big stuff, so they are whittling around in the little stuff trying to make a smoke screen.

Having cue cards in your pocket about what you are going to tell police, Screams.. GUILTY!

Next defense witness, Undersheriff Jerry Mart

2lml25i.png

Court has been starting around 8:30 CDT normally. I think that is subject to change considering the defense team is up to bat. lol

Thanks for that, I had no idea when they started, the last two trials I've watched didn't begin until 9:30 (court time), which I found so late in the morning to just be beginning.

When was that one installed?

Which one?
The one now?

Yes the one now.
When was that installed?

It is starting already.......

When was that one installed?

Which one?
The one now?

Yes the one now.
When was that installed?

It is starting already.......

I had to switch to Zimmerman trial where thoughts are complete and followed to conclusion.

That Seacat trial is horrible!

Agreed. They know he is busted on the big stuff, so they are whittling around in the little stuff trying to make a smoke screen.

Having cue cards in your pocket about what you are going to tell police, Screams.. GUILTY!

It has always floored me when LE does a search and comes up with the killer's 'To Do' list. Ya know

1. buy gun
2. buy shovel
3. kill big mouth
4. bury all evidence and big mouth
5. remember to cry!!!! when calling 911 to report sweetheart missing.
6. confirm those tickets to Tahiti

Someone needs to tell them we can hear them whispering :floorlaugh:

Neither ONE Of Seacats lawyers are easy to listen too. The grammar, the thought process...

Horrendous.

What they heck does the control panel in the interview room have to do with ANYTHING?

I missed it, is there a 'Mr. Blank' or is that a covert witness?

I'm watching both at the same time. :lol:

heaven help you.. At least the zimmerman trial is coherent.

This is more interesting to me today, Since the other is a hearing and not trial but this is so had to watch...

IT is like interviews I have had with my 5 yr old.

ME : Why are you in the bathroom
5yr old: Can I have a popsicle?
ME: What were you doing in the bathroom?
5 yr old : Do you think it will rain today???

The only difference is that in this case the interviewers sounds more like the 5 yr old and the interviewees sound like me.. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname