GUILTY KS - Vashti Seacat, 34, found slain in house fire, Kingman, 30 April 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bag came from either the ATF or the Fire Marshall ...

he done don't care :drumroll:

Shades of ALV are seeping thru this witness now.... he is trying to read beyond the written word.

Prosecutor 'So if you knew that this was bagged by the ATF would that change your mind about how improperly it was bagged.'

Expert 'No it doesn't change my opinion'.

I like this prosecutor! He seems to know his material well.

Prosecutor 'So if you knew that this was bagged by the ATF would that change your mind about how improperly it was bagged.'

STOP IT! Now all I can see when looking at this witness is ALV......not an lol at all. I wonder if witness will put prosecutor into a time out?

I quoted the wrong one....Tiger I meant to quote you!!!!! Sorry7 Cuckoohead!

In my courtroom...

Prosecutor 'So if you found out this was bagged by God would that change your mind about how improperly it was bagged?'

Expert ' No it doesn't ... mommy!!!!!'

This post is for Thundar

Yeah, in the old days . . . nowdays . . .

He's very unsure about all the new fangled stuff. This is shades of ALV.

HLN says they think Brett will get on the stand today. Promises, promises.

State: This isn't rocket science is it?!?

Juan would be proud Mr Prosecutor :drumroll:

Ya think?? Kind of like the Magic Bullet...

I am amazed that the coroner would not put a cause of death down but To me the point of entry of the bullet, The fact that there is no smoke in her lungs, And that this fire was started with Gasoline, So that would have been a big fire fast, I would have had no problem accepting this is a homicide.

BBM:

Not to be a pest but the MOD aka MANNER of death is the issue. The lack of inhaled soot is a piece of the puzzle that makes the determination between suicide and homicide an issue. The condition of her upper body, specifically her head, probably (phrasing it in this manner 'cause I did NOT observe the body) negated extensive examination of her nasal/oral cavities for soot particles.

I'm SO hoping that the jury applies basic common sense: statistically women do not use large caliber weapons to commit suicide, do not shoot in "visible" body parts, do not start fires with children in the area while they try to phone the only other adult available to save said children and many women have learned the "hard way" that "most/many/some" men do NOT answer phones in a timely manner! :banghead::banghead:

Brett's story lives up to his initials == BS!!!!!

oh yeah, IMHO! :twocents::twocents::twocents:

no equipment; can't retest....only give his opinion about the testing results...

why didn't he have it retested...there are labs throughout the US...

WTH

In my courtroom...

Prosecutor 'So if you found out this was bagged by God would that change your mind about how improperly it was bagged?'

Expert ' No it doesn't ... mommy!!!!!'

This post is for Thundar

Ok I am not sorry I quoted the wrong person.......lol Where do defenses find these people....do they have websites?

In the past three days have emailed the following to CNN twice, called them once, so far they have not aired the story. It may be they do not want to influence the jury...time for me to contact the blog-O-sphere.

Not the first time Seacat involved in killing someone.

The first time as a jail guard in the Sedgwick County Jail. His victim, John Mires who was caught in a DUI and carted off to jail. John worked at his dad's industrial supply store and that's where I got to know him. He was very intelligent, very out spoken and very lippy. I am quite sure he mouthed off to Seacat and Brett used excessive force that killed him.

Here is the story from the Wichita paper:

Posted on Sun, May. 22, 2011
Suspect in Kingman death had history of using force as a deputy
BY TIM POTTER
The Wichita Eagle
In the years before Brett Seacat was charged with murdering his wife, he received both criticism and praise for his use of force while a Sedgwick County sheriff's deputy.
Seacat was charged May 13 with murdering his wife, Vashti, and setting their Kingman house on fire.
The recently filed first-degree murder charge against Seacat isn't the first time the law enforcement trainer has been accused of killing someone.
A 2002 lawsuit, alleging excessive force, claimed that Seacat — while working as a sheriff's deputy — slammed 50-year-old John Mires against a concrete wall near the booking desk at the Sedgwick County Jail, causing skull fractures and brain damage. Mires, who was in jail after a DUI arrest, died six days later.
Gary Steed, sheriff at the time, was quoted as saying that investigations by the District Attorney's Office and the Kansas Bureau of Investigation had cleared Seacat.
In a 2008 Eagle article, Ron Mires, John Mires' older brother, said he allowed his lawsuit against the county to be dismissed after the family spent about $13,000 on it and didn't have the money to keep pursuing it.
Ron Mires said he told sheriff's officials in 2005 after the suit was dismissed that he still thought Seacat was a "loose cannon."
When Mires learned of Seacat's arrest a little over a week ago, he said, "I about fell over."
"If I had a done something to stop Brett Seacat when I had an opportunity to do so, she would still be alive," Mires said.

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/2011/05/22/v-...-kingman-death-had-history.html#storylink=cpy

Prosecutor should ask him if the unidentified peak is consistent with fire retardants utilized on the BDU material proper...

Uh. Someone forgot to turn the volume on.

In the past three days have emailed the following to CNN twice, called them once, so far they have not aired the story. It may be they do not want to influence the jury...time for me to contact the blog-O-sphere.

Not the first time Seacat involved in killing someone.

The first time as a jail guard in the Sedgwick County Jail. His victim, John Mires who was caught in a DUI and carted off to jail. John worked at his dad's industrial supply store and that's where I got to know him. He was very intelligent, very out spoken and very lippy. I am quite sure he mouthed off to Seacat and Brett used excessive force that killed him.

Here is the story from the Wichita paper:

Posted on Sun, May. 22, 2011
Suspect in Kingman death had history of using force as a deputy
BY TIM POTTER
The Wichita Eagle
In the years before Brett Seacat was charged with murdering his wife, he received both criticism and praise for his use of force while a Sedgwick County sheriff's deputy.
Seacat was charged May 13 with murdering his wife, Vashti, and setting their Kingman house on fire.
The recently filed first-degree murder charge against Seacat isn't the first time the law enforcement trainer has been accused of killing someone.
A 2002 lawsuit, alleging excessive force, claimed that Seacat — while working as a sheriff's deputy — slammed 50-year-old John Mires against a concrete wall near the booking desk at the Sedgwick County Jail, causing skull fractures and brain damage. Mires, who was in jail after a DUI arrest, died six days later.
Gary Steed, sheriff at the time, was quoted as saying that investigations by the District Attorney's Office and the Kansas Bureau of Investigation had cleared Seacat.
In a 2008 Eagle article, Ron Mires, John Mires' older brother, said he allowed his lawsuit against the county to be dismissed after the family spent about $13,000 on it and didn't have the money to keep pursuing it.
Ron Mires said he told sheriff's officials in 2005 after the suit was dismissed that he still thought Seacat was a "loose cannon."
When Mires learned of Seacat's arrest a little over a week ago, he said, "I about fell over."
"If I had a done something to stop Brett Seacat when I had an opportunity to do so, she would still be alive," Mires said.

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/2011/05/22/v-...-kingman-death-had-history.html#storylink=cpy

Interesting.

Thank you for sharing this and welcome to Websleuths!

now he's questioning the accreditation certifications.....

Ok I am not sorry I quoted the wrong person.......lol Where do defenses find these people....do they have websites?

Thundar I don't even want to know where or how long the defense had to hunt to find this one expert, who is falling apart at the seams. But I don't feel much compassion for this expert because he tried to discredit the opposing expert w/o knowing all the facts. Like who bagged the stuff for one and the very scientific science of sniffing pants.

PS I don't think LaViolette is her real name anyhow, it's probably Bobbitt. Plain and simple that was a man hater. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname