Found Safe KY - Alexis Ramey, 16, London, 28 Feb 2017

never good when teenagers don't take their phone

LOL what?????? throughout history, teens have worn makeup.. i don't understand

Yes, many teens have worn makeup since at least the 1950's if not earlier. If they wore too much their parents made them take it off, or else they got a "reputation." :) But at least it was only a local reputation. The majority wore age appropriate makeup or none.

The concern now is not just the makeup, but the makeup combined with selfies. It's only been since FB, Instagram, etc that teens wearing age-inappropriate makeup have been able to spread their images (selfies) all over. It breeds narcissism and they can become potential targets for predators. There is tremendous peer pressure to post sexy/seductive, heavily made up, pouty-lip photos at a young age. That pressure can cause too many pretty young girls like Alexis, as shown in the original wholesome news photo, to leave their childhood/teens behind prematurely in order to look much older than they really are...and present themselves as sex objects on the internet. Is this really the image we want our teens to strive for, especially in cyberspace? It's a widespread trend I find very disturbing.
JMO

This was posted as a possible connection? This teen also went missing later the same day, within a decent proximity.
attachment.php

What is her name?

:welcome: nmac.

As a new member, its important to know the rules here for social media and screenshots. We can post a link to a news article and direct attention to a post, using initials, but we can't post a screenshot or talk about it directly. It's considered rumor. And we can't post links or comments about personal Facebook (FB) pages either. Don't worry. You're not in trouble. We've all done it when we start out here. :) WS has very high standards about rumors in order to protect innocent people and their privacy, so even if the information seems relevant, as yours may be, we avoid posting about it unless it's reported in MSM (mainstream media). Hang in there and keep posting though. And again, welcome to WS. :)

Here is a link to the Rules.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?159-The-Rules

Specifically about SM (social media)...
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?291123-Social-Media-Facebook-Twitter-etc

ETA: The girl you posted about has been found. Yay!

I can't imagine a16 year old voluntarily leaving her cell phone behind. Unless she or someone advising her wanted to be sure the phone couldn't be tracked our pinged. Missing poster also said she left her glasses. Do we know if she wears contracts?

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk

Yes, many teens have worn makeup since at least the 1950's if not earlier. If they wore too much their parents made them take it off, or else they got a "reputation." :) But at least it was only a local reputation. The majority wore age appropriate makeup or none.

The concern now is not just the makeup, but the makeup combined with selfies. It's only been since FB, Instagram, etc that teens wearing age-inappropriate makeup have been able to spread their images (selfies) all over. It breeds narcissism and they can become potential targets for predators. There is tremendous peer pressure to post sexy/seductive, heavily made up, pouty-lip photos at a young age. That pressure can cause too many pretty young girls like Alexis, as shown in the original wholesome news photo, to leave their childhood/teens behind prematurely in order to look much older than they really are...and present themselves as sex objects on the internet. Is this really the image we want our teens to strive for, especially in cyberspace? It's a widespread trend I find very disturbing.
JMO

Thank you lilibet for so eloquently explaining my comment!!!! You nailed it!

Waterworks Rd. is pretty rural. Google maps street view is not even available along it.

Waterworks Rd. on map

Street view down Waterworks Rd.

Hi SB! :seeya: That's odd about street view. Some parts are more populated, but houses are on big lots. It said she was seen "off" Waterworks (where she lives, I assume), and I see some neighborhoods, but not heavily populated. I have a feeling someone picked her up by car. JMO

I am a local - Waterworks does have some isolated lots but mostly is pretty populated. There are a lot of homes in this area. It's about 3-5 minutes from my house.

There have not been many posts about this on Facebook. Hopefully she'll be home soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you give an update on the status of the search? Any new information come to light (no names of possible suspects) as of today? I do not have a Facebook and I apologize for not being able to see those posts.

I am a local - Waterworks does have some isolated lots but mostly is pretty populated. There are a lot of homes in this area. It's about 3-5 minutes from my house.

There have not been many posts about this on Facebook. Hopefully she'll be home soon.

I'm sorry. I meant to reply the last message to southerncat. All these new meds for pneumonia and the flu in the last four hours has me a little ditzy.

Can you give an update on the status of the search? Any new information come to light (no names of possible suspects) as of today? I do not have a Facebook and I apologize for not being able to see those posts.

I haven't seen any type of update today. I searched the local news agencies and all of their stories are from two days ago. If I see anything I will be sure to pass it along.

It seems awfully quiet, news wise, for a missing teenager.

The missing poster says when grandad went to pick her up for school she told him she was ill and staying home.
For now i will go with runaway possibly with an online predator.

And it concerns me that she's 16 going on 30. And unless she's a runaway, I think it's very possible that something's going on with a somewhat older man, predator type. Or, she could have run away with such a person, which could still end up badly., I'm hoping I'm wrong. :(

And it concerns me that she's 16 going on 30. And unless she's a runaway, I think it's very possible that something's going on with a somewhat older man, predator type. Or, she could have run away with such a person, which could still end up badly., I'm hoping I'm wrong. :(

Here's an example of what you're talking about...older predator befriends unhappy teen on kik, takes her to his home out of state, destroys her phone, repeatedly rapes her for child *advertiser censored* purposes, threatens her if she leaves, etc, etc., etc. Fortunately in this case, the girl was rescued after a month. That's a happier ending than it could have been. I hope Alexis is just hiding out with a boyfriend like that girl in New England did last fall whose name escapes me.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_1fca00be-8ffa-51c1-acd2-89cb2b6b7a9a.html

ETA: The teen hiding out with her (much older) boyfriend was Autumn Sanville.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ville-17-Weathersfield-Springfield-6-Oct-2016

I haven't seen any type of update today. I searched the local news agencies and all of their stories are from two days ago. If I see anything I will be sure to pass it along.

It seems awfully quiet, news wise, for a missing teenager.

It is insane of lack of coverage on her disappearance. Any signs she left on her own account? Being a small town, is the local law enforcement not equipped for such a disappearance like this? If she was taken against her will, the more days that pass will dwindle the amount of evidence to rescue her. Is her Grandfather her legal guardian? If so, many older in age are not familiar in how social media works.

Unless it is blatantly obvious she left on her own account, the investigation will hopefully continue on her disappearance and not just label her as a runaway.

On her facebook page, it seems they are making efforts to encourage her to let them know she's ok.

I think they probably know something . . .

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back