Deceased/Not Found KY - Andrew Compton, 18, Sullivan U student, 28 Oct 2010 *G. O'Bryan guilty*

I hope the texts are clarified quickly. if they stop after 9, I would HOPE that LE uses that as some probable cause to get a search warrant for the guy's house.

I also hope that his cell phone has gps capability. A ping from a cell phone with gps capability would give LE a very good idea about his whereabouts during a certain time frame.

I live in Louisville. I've actually rollerbladed from my house in the Churchill Downs area downtown then up Bardstown Rd. to the Sullivan part by Gardener Lane. I looked up his name online and saw some youtube video that featured him skating at the Louisville Skatepark so he could make a 3 mile walk so that might not be too suspicious. I used to walk my dog up and down Bardstown Rd. and Baxter Avenue nightly. It's a very popular area. People are there at all different hours and gets the most foot traffic in the Louisville area especially from college aged and teenage people like me. There is at least one 24 hour hangout at Bonnycastle Avenue and Bardstown Road. It is a hookah bar and restaurant. The area he was last seen is closer to the main bar section from where Baxter meets Bardstown and further down Baxter. There are usually huge crowds in that area, but also there are several popular restaurants and bars people hang out at near Lucia. I might go there with my fiance and dog. Maybe I could take pictures to give an idea of the area. It's one of the safest areas in my opinion because there is a large concentration of police and frequent police cruising up and down the road. I was mugged there once at 3am when I was walking alone farther up the road but for the most part you don't hear of that much crime in that area.

There's a large park (actually 2 next to each other) nearby that I'm wondering if they will search. There is also a very huge cemetery nearby called Cave Hill that some kids will climb the fence after dark to see the crematorium I think. If he was a skateboarder like the video I found then he may have gone to the skatepark. It's open 24 hours but is a sketchier area. It's by the Waterfront Park downtown. I had to literally help a 17 year old boy earlier this year because he begged to get in my car. A large mob of boys were following him and had tried to jump him already. They chased him from the skatepark to Main Street where I was at. I ended up getting out of my car and chewing them out and telling them they were immature and acting like Jr. highers and it's wussy to jump someone and shows cowardice. I figured an attractive 22 year old could humiliate them away lol. So I definitely could see being jumped a possibility here. With guys it seems like you can just randomly be targeted to be jumped in this city.

This is probabbly totally off base and would have nothing to do with Andrew missing. However, I found there was a suspicious fire on the 1600 block of Lucia four days before Andrew went missing.

It said the damage was pretty bad. No injuries. I'm wondering if the house was boarded up? Vacant? If he did indeed leave that "persons" home alone could someone have been hanging out in an abandoned house?

Again probably totaly out there, but thinking out loud.

http://www.whas11.com/news/local/House-fire-near-Baxter-Avenue-under-investigation--105624543.html

Dear Lord please have this young man be found safe. My heart is breaking for this poor family.

BohémskýCharakter;5776084 said:
I live in Louisville. I've actually rollerbladed from my house in the Churchill Downs area downtown then up Bardstown Rd. to the Sullivan part by Gardener Lane. I looked up his name online and saw some youtube video that featured him skating at the Louisville Skatepark so he could make a 3 mile walk so that might not be too suspicious. I used to walk my dog up and down Bardstown Rd. and Baxter Avenue nightly. It's a very popular area. People are there at all different hours and gets the most foot traffic in the Louisville area especially from college aged and teenage people like me. There is at least one 24 hour hangout at Bonnycastle Avenue and Bardstown Road. It is a hookah bar and restaurant. The area he was last seen is closer to the main bar section from where Baxter meets Bardstown and further down Baxter. There are usually huge crowds in that area, but also there are several popular restaurants and bars people hang out at near Lucia. I might go there with my fiance and dog. Maybe I could take pictures to give an idea of the area. It's one of the safest areas in my opinion because there is a large concentration of police and frequent police cruising up and down the road. I was mugged there once at 3am when I was walking alone farther up the road but for the most part you don't hear of that much crime in that area.

There's a large park (actually 2 next to each other) nearby that I'm wondering if they will search. There is also a very huge cemetery nearby called Cave Hill that some kids will climb the fence after dark to see the crematorium I think. If he was a skateboarder like the video I found then he may have gone to the skatepark. It's open 24 hours but is a sketchier area. It's by the Waterfront Park downtown. I had to literally help a 17 year old boy earlier this year because he begged to get in my car. A large mob of boys were following him and had tried to jump him already. They chased him from the skatepark to Main Street where I was at. I ended up getting out of my car and chewing them out and telling them they were immature and acting like Jr. highers and it's wussy to jump someone and shows cowardice. I figured an attractive 22 year old could humiliate them away lol. So I definitely could see being jumped a possibility here. With guys it seems like you can just randomly be targeted to be jumped in this city.

Thanks for giving us a feel for the local setting Bohemsky. It helps when someone is familiar with the area.

BohémskýCharakter;5776084 said:

I'm also in Louisville. Great job, Bohemsky, you said everything I got on here to say! I was thinking that to an 18-year-old, especially one who skateboarded, Lucia to his dorm wouldn't seem that big of a deal. I think it would be interesting to know if he had his skateboard with him the night he went missing. Bardstown Road is always full of people, especially on a weekend. I encourage you all to check it on in a street view on Google maps to get an idea. It's very concentrated, with tons of alleys and some abandoned buildings. He could be anywhere. I think the most important info at this point are the pings of this man's cell phone. Assuming he took it with him, it could narrow down whether he left or not and what area he went to. Also, if Andrew walked, I guarantee at least a few of the restaurants and stores along Bardstown Rd. have security cameras pointed at the sidewalk along the way.

http://www.indycentric.com/go/109849/

---------------

Police have interviewed the 40 year-old man but have not named him a suspect. They also say they have no evidence of foul play.
Andrew was last seen wearing a grey hoodie, blue/grey V-neck shirt, light khaki shorts, white socks and a brown belt.
His parents John and Angela Compton say they are unhappy with the Louisville Police Department's investigation.

"Carmel has issued a search warrant for cell phone records. You know, the Louisville Police weren't really interested in doing that," Angela said.

http://www.wibc.com/news/Story.aspx?ID=1307874

-----------------------------
The Comptons are staying in Louisville as the investigation continues. They told WHAS their son's dorm room at Sullivan University and bank account haven't been touched and that his cell phone is dead.
http://www.theindychannel.com/news/25668920/detail.html

-------------------------------

praying for Andrew and his family....

Am I wrong or can cell phones that have been turned off still be tracked through GPS?

Yes, I believe that GPS can still provide tracking if the phone is off. I don't have a new phone so not sure if most have GPS on them. I thought I read somewhere that the GPS has to be enabled on the phone to track also.

Something that I have been trying to get through to cases like this is that the FBI can actually (depending on the phone) listen in even when the phone is off.
They can listen to YOUR phone remotely and hear what is going on.
Google FBI ... aw heck, here it is.

Just one

http://news.cnet.com/2100-1029_3-6140191.html

Angela Compton says meeting with somebody from the internet is something Andrew has done before. It happened once after Andrew had turned 18, but was still in high school. "So, you know we had, definitely a huge discussion about it. And, you know, restricted his use of the car and all of that. But apparently he didn't stop," she said.

Louisville Police say they have interviewed the 40-year old man Andrew met with and have not named him as a suspect. In fact, they say they don't have any evidence of foul play. But John and Angela do worry that something bad has happened to Andrew. And they feel Louisville Police are not investigating the case more aggressively.

"Carmel has issued a search warrant for cellphone records. You know, the Louisville Police weren't really interested in doing that," Angela said. For the Comptons, the timing of this doesn't make sense. They wonder why their son would disappear now as he is making many new friends and enjoying new freedom at college. They say they do have some family in Arizona and California. But if Andrew showed up there, they believe their family members would call them.
In addition to searching the streets of Louisville, the Compton family is maintaining several websites related to the search. They include a Facebook page, another site for background information and photos, and another site for updates on the search effort.

http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-carmel-parents-in-frantic-sear-110710,0,2329527.story

A couple of updates from his family's page that pertain to the discussion here:

On a side note, if you youtube Andrew Compton there are no videos of my brother. The kid skateboarding in Louisville is not him.

Also, not related to the video but there have been a few questions about this. There is no indication my brother Andrew had been drinking, nor does he have any past history of ever trying alcohol.

Thanks websleuths for keeping me on my toes. Just to clarify since it may have been confusing on the texts issue. My brother has not sent any texts from his phone since before he went missing. He has not used his phone in anyway since he dissapeared.

http://mypage.iu.edu/~comptode/Updates.html

Police are calling the 40-year-old man, who picked up Andrew at his dorm, a “person of interest” they were still talking to, but his name hasn’t yet been released.

Derek Compton, Andrew’s brother, said police told the family that the man didn’t have a previous criminal record.

http://www.indystar.com/article/201...nding-college-in-Kentucky-is-reported-missing

person of interest......

http://www.indycentric.com/go/109849/

---------------

Police have interviewed the 40 year-old man but have not named him a suspect. They also say they have no evidence of foul play.
Andrew was last seen wearing a grey hoodie, blue/grey V-neck shirt, light khaki shorts, white socks and a brown belt.
His parents John and Angela Compton say they are unhappy with the Louisville Police Department's investigation.

"Carmel has issued a search warrant for cell phone records. You know, the Louisville Police weren't really interested in doing that," Angela said.

http://www.wibc.com/news/Story.aspx?ID=1307874

-----------------------------
The Comptons are staying in Louisville as the investigation continues. They told WHAS their son's dorm room at Sullivan University and bank account haven't been touched and that his cell phone is dead.

-------------------------------

praying for Andrew and his family....

Wow - after reading the family's take on the Louisville PD, it makes me wonder if they've found 'no foul play' because they really haven't looked that hard for it!

Those poor parents!

I'm just sitting here stunned....I wonder what LPD's reason for not getting the cellphone records could be.

"He's dead, that's my first instinct, because he's never done anything like this before," Angela Compton told WHAS-TV. "He's never been gone more than two or three hours at a time."

This is so sad.

I hope the PPD asked the 40-year-old man if they could check his house and car. If he declined I hope they get a warrant.

Andrew's cell phone may be dead according to his mother. Also she said Andrew was not carrying anything on the video.

"Unfortunately he didn't heed my advice and others advice that if you're going to insist on meeting someone in person who you met online, you have to meet in a public place. You have to tell someone where you're going," said Andrew's father.

Andrew did neither. In an email his family found, the 18-year-old planned to meet a 40-year-old man at 9:00 pm on October 28th. The surveillance video shows him leaving just before 9:00 pm.

The man drove Andrew to his apartment in the Highlands, a part of Louisville known for its nightlife. It's popular among college students. What happened from this point on remains a mystery.

"Apparently he was the last person to see him, so that's why he's a person of interest. He might be able to give us some insight on what his next place he was going, if they had a conversation or something like that. So he remains a person of interest. Now if you're asking me if he's a suspect, I can't say that at this point," said Dwight Mitchell, Louisville Metro Police Department.

http://www.wthr.com/story/13465480/carmel-couple-search-for-son-missing-in-louisville

I want to hear from the LE spokesperson that DID get a warrant for the cell phone records!

A couple of updates from his family's page that pertain to the discussion here:

Thanks websleuths for keeping me on my toes. Just to clarify since it may have been confusing on the texts issue. My brother has not sent any texts from his phone since before he went missing. He has not used his phone in anyway since he dissapeared.

http://mypage.iu.edu/~comptode/Updates.html

if his cell activity stopped cold after the encounter then I would think that puts a time and place where he was last known alive. far be it from me to question LE procedure, but what more would they need to at least seek out a search warrant for the mans house? if a judge says it's not enough, at least they gave it a try.

I have little doubt that had Andrew left on his own accord he would have started texting friends, if for no other reason than it's what kids do. they live to text.

I dunno, but does anyone know why and where he met this 40 yr old guy. Kinda odd for a 18yr old to hang with someone that old.

they met online. website not disclosed.

I am highly pissed at the age cut off... of what we consider children to be.... he is months out of being a legal child.. yet lured away at 18 by a 40 year old..

following me?

I am DISTURBED...PISSED...SHOCKED....

THIS COULD BE MY SON.

we have to keep this in the media attention. His mom says things aint right and sothey aint right! at all!

fight on mom... I am right behind you!

eta my prayers and thoughts are with the family right now! completely

question: is LE possibly discriminating against him because he met a "guy" online? just saying... we ALL KNOW it is the ELEPHANT in the room. and it SHOULDN'T BE! MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lilhuda
Back