Still Missing KY - Crystal Rogers, 35, Bluegrass Parkway, 3 July 2015 #4 *arrest in 2023*

April 19, 2024

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WAVE) - One of the men charged in the Crystal Rogers murder case is now pushing to get his trial separated from the other two.

An attorney for Joseph Lawson filed a motion to sever Friday.

Joseph Lawson is accused of helping Brooks Houck carry out the murder of Crystal Rogers and then helping him cover it up. His father Steve Lawson is facing the same charges

But in this new severance motion filed, Joseph Lawson’s attorney is saying they don’t want these trials lumped together. They want Lawson to be tried independently.

The main reason Lawson’s attorney is pushing for this is because they’re worried that the other two defendants may try to point the finger at Joseph Lawson for certain aspects of this crime in out-of-court confessions.

Is BH's brother still a POI?

Does anyone have any thoughts on whether the state has more evidence other than the word of the Lawson's?

Are they all charged with identical charges? TIA

Is BH's brother still a POI?

Does anyone have any thoughts on whether the state has more evidence other than the word of the Lawson's?

Are they all charged with identical charges? TIA
Here are the charges for the three:
  • Brooks Houck is charged with murder and tampering with physical evidence, in connection to the death of his girlfriend Crystal Rogers. Steve Lawson and Joseph Lawson are also charged in the case -- accused of conspiracy to commit murder and tampering with physical evidence.

About NH:

When asked by the judge if prosecution was investigating any other cases that may be linked to Crystal's case, special prosecutor Shane Young revealed new details about the Tommy Ballard case. A gun supposedly involved in the murder of Crystal's dad was allegedly purchased by NH.

MSN

Last edited:
I have donned and adjusted my little tin foil hat so I can share my theory - and remember, I could be totally nuts and hopefully don't get banned for it, but here goes - I think NH was up to something nefarious way back - drugs, firearms, who knows. I think Officer Ellis found out or suspected and had be to taken out of the picture - remember he was not driving his vehicle that night and his canine was not with him, someone had put tree branches in the road to make him stop. Who would have known what vehicle he was driving?? Regarding the Netherlands, I think the daughter saw something at school or after school and confided in her mother. I think her mother called the police on her behalf and said they needed to speak to someone. The person that killed them came to the front door - which they very seldom used. Who is going to come to the front door?? Mom was shot basically in the doorway and the daughter was shot fleeing thru the house. Crystal and her daughters - were they becoming a problem to BH? threatening to leave and take the little boy? After all, BH was only interested in the son - not the other kids that were not his. NH says - theoretically - no problem bro, i can help you out! Small town, good family - Tommy is yelling long and loud about his daughter and so he has to go as well. someone heard the car leave very shortly after the shot was fired, so sounds like two people in the car. Disclaimer - most of my thought processes come from the miniseries about Crystal and could be completely erroneous. But in my opinion, NH has been in this up to his eyeballs since day one. Apologies in advance if I stepped on anyone's toes.

Here are the charges for the three:
  • Brooks Houck is charged with murder and tampering with physical evidence, in connection to the death of his girlfriend Crystal Rogers. Steve Lawson and Joseph Lawson are also charged in the case -- accused of conspiracy to commit murder and tampering with physical evidence.

About NH:

When asked by the judge if prosecution was investigating any other cases that may be linked to Crystal's case, special prosecutor Shane Young revealed new details about the Tommy Ballard case. A gun supposedly involved in the murder of Crystal's dad was allegedly purchased by NH.

MSN
Thank you for this information.

Shay McAlister

54m

1f6a8.png
Crystal Rogers TRIAL update
1f6a8.png

Just got off the phone with Steve Lawson's attorney Ted Lavit. He told me the attorneys and prosecutor on the case met this week and agreed to move the trial to Christian County, KY- about two hours from Bardstown. They will now give this suggestion to the judge, who will make the final decision.
DETAILS: https://www.whas11.com/.../417-43a394f3-f8d1-4898-9137...
438851146_933284395148469_5418075824681385012_n.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back