GUILTY KY - Dr. Emily Champion, her parents & mystery man found slain, Cadiz, 26 Oct 2014

Thanks for the update, Tulessa. I hope he gets four life sentences, to run consecutively. He should never see the light of day as a free man.

Ryan Champion Sentenced to Life Without Parole

http://westkentuckystar.com/News/Local-Regional/Western-Kentucky/Ryan-Champion-Sentenced-to-Life-Without-Parole.aspx

A man who pleaded guilty to murder in a 2014 homicide case will be spending the rest of his life behind bars.

Judge Woody Woodall sentenced Ryan Champion Friday morning in Trigg County Circuit Court to life in prison without the possibility of parole. Champion pleaded guilty in December to murder charges for the shooting deaths of his parents, sister, and a family acquaintance. The guilty plea spared Champion a possible death sentence.

Family confronts Ryan Champion at sentencing for murder of parents and sister

Joy's sister, Judy Williams, spoke first. “You murdered my family, Joy,” she cried “my beloved sister and best friend, the only one in the world who understood me.”

“I find some peace in knowing that she closed her beautiful blue eyes on evil, and when she opened them she saw Jesus,” Williams said.

Lindsey's sister, Lisa, told Ryan about the family's years of grieving. “There's some days I don't want to do anything but sleep. I have nightmares of my family. I have day-mares of my family's deaths. I have guilt if I laugh, because I think 'My family can no longer laugh,'” she said.

Williams told Ryan he had neither compassion nor a soul. “That part of a person that makes them human is missing in you,” she said.

Ryan’s uncle, Loren Champion, broke down, and he had words of forgiveness for the man who killed his brother. “I truly believe with all my heart that that is what my late brother — your late father — and Jesus wants me to do. And that's to forgive you, Ryan,” he said.

Plotkin Case Continues Moving Forward In Champion Murders

The trial of the alleged co-conspirator in the Champion murder case is still on for October of this year. After the sentencing of admitted murderer Ryan Champion Friday morning, Commonwealth Attorney Carrie Ovey-Wiggins said the case of Ann Plotkin has not been resolved.

Video - Victim Impact Statement - Loren Champion

Video - Victim Impact Statement - Lisa Champion

Video - Victim Impact Statement - Judy Williams

Video - Champion Sentencing - Prosecution Statement

Video - Champion Sentencing - Defense Statement

Video - Judge Sentences Ryan Champion To Life

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics