KY KY - Kevin Gilpin, 18, Russell County, 2 April 1997

Dearest Kygal,:blowkiss:
I appreciate the fact that you have looked for articles. I could not even find ones that you have to pay for to read.
Can you please find out if the one who called Kevin's grandmother was checked out?
there has to be someone that was in the pool hall that night that would say something. Maybe the person has no idea that they can help. I hope that your friend runs this story. Maybe then someone will speak out. There has been little to no exposure about this.
You are right in saying that something happened at the pool hall. I feel the same. The case needs media exposure and it should have been done when Kevin first went missing.

So much Love and Respect for you,
dark_shadows

I know I remember seeing a story about this (don't you hate when you do that?!) and the story was that something had happened at the pool hall, and he was either kicked out or left with someone, and then vanished into thin air. I'm going to look into the Lexington stations (maybe Louisville too) and see what I can find. I know that there MUST be SOMETHING out there.

I know I remember seeing a story about this (don't you hate when you do that?!) and the story was that something had happened at the pool hall, and he was either kicked out or left with someone, and then vanished into thin air. I'm going to look into the Lexington stations (maybe Louisville too) and see what I can find. I know that there MUST be SOMETHING out there.

My very dearest Kygal,:blowkiss:
That is nice of you to do that. I do hope that you find something. Like you said, there has to be something.

So much Love and Respect for you,
dark_shadows

I cannot find any articles at all and I have searched all over.

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

Can anyone please help me find articles about this case?

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

So far I have only found the artcle talking about DNA testing. Google is the only research technique that I know. I'm sorry I couldn't be more help.

My dearest MCDRAW,:blowkiss:
Thank-you so much for taking the time to search for articles. I appreciate it so much. I cannot understand why there are no old articles to be found other than the ones we have here.

All of my Love and Respect for you,
dark_shadows

D_S, I talked to my friend RE what we were PMing about earlier... and she said that they have literally been bombarded with cases to do for that series. She said that they're taking them based on closeness to area and age -- but Kevin might be a possiblity.

I still have found absolutely NOTHING on this case -- except that they did some sort of a follow up about him last year on the 10 year anniversary of his disappearance. They were only able to get about five people to even talk about him and when questions asked about his murder they were quick with the "I don't know" response. Whoever did this must have some sort of influence in one way or another in that area -- people just will NOT talk about it.

Dearest Kygal,:blowkiss:
Thank-you so much for your post. Do you have a link to that article???

Much Love and Respect,
dark_shadows

I saw on a newspaper forum that a name was given in Kevin's murder.

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

From the Kentucky State Police cold case files

State Police Request Help Resolving the Murder of Kevin Gilpin - Occurred Around April of 1997

Victim: Kevin Gilpin of Russell County, KY.

Location: April of 1997, Kevin Gilpin was reported missing from Russell County. June of 2003, Gilpin's body was discovered in a hand dug well in Casey County. Gilpin had been murdered and was hidden in the well by the perpetrator(s).

Detectives are requesting help from the community or anyone who might have information on the murder of Kevin Gilpin. Anyone with information can contact the case officer Lt. Eric A. Wolford with the Kentucky State Police Post 15 Columbia, Kentucky at (270) 384-4796 or e-mail him at Lt. Eric A. Wolford.

Investigating Officer Contact Information​
Kentucky State Police Post 15
Post Office Box 160
Columbia, Kentucky 42728
(270) 384-4796
OFFICER: Lt. Eric A. Wolford​
PHONE: (270) 384-4796
Lt. Eric A. Wolford

Hello, this article is rather old, but Kevin was actually my third cousin. It makes me happy to see that people were once interested in this case. It truly is something.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona
Back