GUILTY KY - Lockport, Body parts in Kentucky River, Oct'14 - Goldia Massey

This is a new story (with vid) about all three of the different "parts" found from a Louisville TV station:

Third human body part in three months washes ashore on Kentucky River** (WLKY, Louisville, KY)
For the third time in three months, human remains have washed ashore in a remote area of Kentucky.

The latest discovery was on the Kentucky River in Jessamine County. That's where hikers found a human torso and investigators believe it's related to a homicide.

First it was a severed arm found in Henry County, then one day later, a foot washed up in Carroll County. Now a torso, possibly linked to a homicide, has been discovered.

** I thought the foot was in the Ohio River. If it was in Carrollton itself, it shouldn't have come from the Kentucky River. The Kentucky dumps into the Ohio (westward flowing) just at the western Carrollton city limits. If it was found west of Carrollton, it could have come from the KY River.

I remember from my short time living in Lexington (other than the first several days of my life at the hospital) that the Kentucky River is where people that crossed somebody are "found floating."

Henry County Coroner James Pollard has identified the woman as Goldia Massey, 50, who was reported missing Oct. 1 by her son.
Massey was last seen alive in September in Scott County.

Pollard says Massey's death is being investigated as a homicide. At this point, no arrests have been made.
. . .
The body parts were found about 120 miles apart.

http://www.wkyt.com/news/state/head...ied-as-missing-Lexington-woman-285651621.html

I live in Louisville Kentucky and did not even know Goldia was reported missing. I didn't see any fliers or MSM coverage of her disappearance...and I still can't find an article detailing anything about her story except that her remains have been IDed.

Goldia, you will not be forgotten. I hope justice is served quickly. May you RIP.

I'm glad she has her name back, but I never saw one thing about her being missing in the news (yet she was reported missing in 10/2014).

Now I'm mad because "commenting" strangers are trying to say her kid had something to do with it and she was some kind of coke queen.

Her son was just arrested for robbing a few stores with a box cutter (he has a drug problem). He's stuck in that jail and cannot speak up for what is being said. UGH!

Son of missing Lexington woman speaks (WKYT, Lexington, KY)
Zachary Massey, 24, told WKYT a deputy visited him Friday at the Bourbon County jail. Goldia Massey, 50, was last seen alive in October in Scott County. She was found more than two months after she was reported missing.

Zachary Massey was arrested last week. He's accused of using a box cutter to rob a gas station on Highway 27 in Cynthiana. Police say he is a person of interest in two other robbery cases.

Here's the words one of those brilliant commenters hiding behind a fake name. Most comment sections let you sign in with Facebook/etc. It's actually because I'm too lazy to edit it to make up a fake name, but mine has my real name. I didn't make one up so I could hide and spout off whatever craziness I can without fear of retribution.
These people taking up for Zack act like he was such a good kid, but in reality, he was a needle using drug addict who was recently accused and investigated for child abuse of a very young child. He has been in trouble almost his entire life. And it's a shame, too, cause he really never had a chance in life. HIs mom sold drugs, mainly cocaine, and was never really in his life. Kinda hard to raise your kids when you are in jail and prison. A lot of people failed Zack in life and this is the end result.

Now I'm mad because "commenting" strangers are trying to say her kid had something to do with it and she was some kind of coke queen.

Her son was just arrested for robbing a few stores with a box cutter (he has a drug problem). He's stuck in that jail and cannot speak up for what is being said. UGH!

Son of missing Lexington woman speaks (WKYT, Lexington, KY)

Here's the words one of those brilliant commenters hiding behind a fake name. Most comment sections let you sign in with Facebook/etc. It's actually because I'm too lazy to edit it to make up a fake name, but mine has my real name. I didn't make one up so I could hide and spout off whatever craziness I can without fear of retribution.

I always use my real name too. Not because I'm lazy though. My family and friends, know what I do as a past time lol. :)

f71dd116-e045-479d-a774-e4b6582a35f7_zpse95ab816.jpg

Goldia's FB: https://www.facebook.com/goldia.massey

Zachary's FB: https://www.facebook.com/zak.massey.35

I posted the above link in the forum for Norma Brown, a woman missing from eastern(ish) KY.

KY KY - Norma Joe Brown, 33, Salt Lick, 2 October 2014

Related to Norma Joe Brown (not Goldia, but NJB was mentioned earlier in this thread)...

A 26-y/o male from her hometown was found in "interesting circumstances" (butcher knife and duct tape in glove box) at the local (Morehead) Walmart flashing himself. Link posted on her thread.

Related to Norma Joe Brown (not Goldia, but NJB was mentioned earlier in this thread)...

A 26-y/o male from her hometown was found in "interesting circumstances" (butcher knife and duct tape in glove box) at the local (Morehead) Walmart flashing himself. Link posted on her thread.

Thanks bfl, on my way to read there.

Lexington police make arrest in missing woman's case
http://www.wkyt.com/home/headlines/...-murder-in-missing-womans-case-290682821.html
LEXINGTON, Ky. (WKYT) - Police have charged a man with murder in the death of a woman who was reported missing in October.

The arrest of Paris R. Charles, 59, brings to close a missing persons case that was launched last fall. Goldia Massey, 50, was reported missing Oct. 1, 2014. She was last seen in Scott County. Her son has told WKYT Charles and Massey were dating.
Court records show Paris Charles has multiple domestic violence and alcohol related arrests. Those domestics violence arrests were against two other women, not Goldia Massey.
In addition to murder, Charles is charged with abuse of a corpse. He was being held in the Fayette County Detention Center.

With this story, commenters have basically run Goldia and her son through the mud.
Ugh! She was cut into pieces and dumped into a river. And he just lost his mother...

Lexington victim's son 'relieved' after arrest made for mother's murder (WKYT, Lexington, KY 2/3/2015)
"We break men's law all the time," Zachariah Massey said, "but as far as God's law, as long as he faces consequences for that, then that's fine by me."

Massey said he is now trying to find forgiveness for the man accused of killing his mother.

"My mom always told me to forgive people," he said. "I mean, I think if you take somebody's life, your life should be taken. But at the same time I think that's too easy. I think he should have to live out the rest of his days in prison if he's found guilty, and the rest of eternity in hell."

Massey said he hopes to set up a visitation and funeral, which he says hopefully will help him find some closure.

Lexington murder suspect pleads not guilty (WKYT, Lexington, KY 2/4/2015)
Paris Charles, 59, pleaded not guilty to his murder and abuse of a corpse charges Wednesday afternoon.

Charles was arrested Tuesday at his Chatsworth Drive home in Lexington.

His arrest citation indicates he may have killed Goldia Massey on Sep. 20 in his home.
"...They had been in some type of confrontation. She wanted to call the police. She left and I asked her if she was going to be OK and she said, 'yes' and left," said [neighbor Sharon] Scarber.

Records show Charles has multiple domestic violence arrests in the past, none against Massey.

Detective: Large amounts of blood found in Lexington murder suspect's home (WKYT, Lexington, KY 2/12/2015)
Detectives say they found large amounts of Goldia Massey's blood in her boyfriend's home, leading them to believe that is where she was killed.
On Thursday, [detective Steve] McCown testified that when they learned Massey’s boyfriend, Charles, was the last person to see her they visited his apartment on Chatsworth Drive. While they were there, Charles did not invite the detectives inside. However, McCown said, Charles opened the door wide enough for them to see that his carpet had been removed.
Detectives say cellphone records show Massey's phone was with Charles' phone when it stopped operating on Sept. 21. The next day, investigators say cell phone records show that Charles was near bridges that cross the Kentucky River at the Fayette-Madison County line.

I still don't know any more about the foot in Carrollton...

There are quite a few UID's found in the Ohio River. Some have recently been ID'ed. Off the top of my head, I know that one found near Cincinnati was identified as Barbara Hess recently. There were a few further up toward Wheeling/Pittsburgh/etc that have been identified lately.

I would imagine that those UID's would decompose more rapidly (or at least in a different way) than a UID that was buried or left on the ground. If a piece fell off one of them, it would eventually float by Carrollton (or, hell, even Baton Rouge) if it doesn't get hung up on something.

I wonder if it broke off one of the ones that have already been ID'ed. The river could move parts easier and further than animal activity or the like.

You never can tell what will happen in a missing persons or UID case...
Recently (don't have the link right now) a woman was missing from Texas and the authorities were looking at her ex-boyfriend as a suspect in her murder (she was assumed dead). She was "resurrected" she when was arrested in KY for a warrant out of TX. That was one lucky ex.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean
Back