GUILTY KY - Maurice Gordon, 16, & Larry Ordway, 14, brothers, slain, Louisville, 22 May 2016 *3 guilty*

agreed. these poor kids.

Dénouement;12602489 said:
The press needs to stop referring to teenagers under 18 as men. It disgusts me. This crime was horrific. I've discussed this case elsewhere far beyond TOS here so I have no other comment

"The adult suspect, Brice Jamar Rhodes, 25, was taken into custody about 9:45 p.m. on Tuesday and charged with a slew of crimes, including a third homicide."

"Rhodes is also charged with the murder of Christopher R. Jones, 40, who was shot in the 800 block of South 41st Street on May 4. Jones later died at University of Louisville Hospital."

"Judging by several videos found on Youtube, Rhodes appears to be a rapper who went by the name Rambo. One video is called Snot, another is Body Armor and a third is called Trappin & Juggin. Each video features typical street themes such as guns and references to drugs and violence. The teen victims are shown with Rhodes in some of the scenes."

Oh geeze! He looks creepy!

So in the interview with WDRB she says they told her they loved her and would be back when they left home on Saturday. The WAVE3 interview says that they sneaked out of the house on Saturday??? :thinking:

Triple-murder suspect Brice Rhodes, who spat on his attorney and another inmate, is now charged with threatening to kill a judge and her family.

Deputies took extra precautions, strapping Brice Rhodes in a restraint chair by his wrists and ankles, covering his mouth with a spit mask and wheeling him into court for a Friday afternoon arraignment, yet he still managed to get into more trouble when he repeatedly threatened to track down the judge and kill her and her family, shouting: "What, you don't think that we can't find out where you live at?"

As extra deputies stood nearby, along with three corrections officers wearing gloves, Rhodes — upset about the restraints and mask — continued his rant: "I don't give a (expletive). You got family. I'll be out."
http://www.courier-journal.com/stor...ble-murder-suspect-threatened-judge/91110342/

A teen charged in connection with three murders will have to testify against his co-defendants.

Anjuan Carter, 15, took a plea deal from the Commonwealth’s Attorney’s Office on Wednesday.

Carter pleaded guilty to facilitation of the May murders of Christopher Jones, 40, and teen brothers Maurice Gordon, 16, and Larry Ordway, 14.

(...)

Carter will stay in a juvenile detention facility until he turns 18. At that point, he will be re-sentenced in Jefferson County Court. The Commonwealth is recommending Carter either serve 10 years in prison or 20 on parole.
http://www.wlky.com/article/teen-connected-to-three-may-murders-takes-plea-deal/8385052

http://www.wdrb.com/story/34074873/...n-brothers-according-to-interview-with-police

The men put to a vote whether to kill or let teenage brothers Larry Ordway and Maurice Gordon live, 15-year-old Anjuan Carter told police in an October interview just made public.

In a second, more comprehensive, interview with police about the murder of the brothers and the May 5 slaying of another man, Christopher Jones, Carter said he was the only one to cast a vote calling for Ordway and Gordon to live...

Also last month, a fourth man, Tieren Coleman, was arrested and indicted for murder in the stabbing deaths of Gordon, 16, and Ordway, 14. He has pleaded not guilty.

Second defendant in Brice Rhodes murder case takes plea deal

http://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/crime/2017/07/05/second-defendant-brice-rhodes-murder-case-takes-plea-deal/452003001/

Tieren Coleman, 19, admitted to his involvement in the slayings of teen brothers Maurice "Reece" Gordon, 16, and Larry Ordway, 14, in May 2016.

Prosecutors offered Coleman 10 years in prison or 15 years if placed on probation. A judge is set to sentence him Sept. 7.

Originally charged with complicity murder, Coleman pleaded guilty to two facilitation counts, a change that Assistant Commonwealth's Attorney Elizabeth Jones Brown noted in plea documents "more accurately reflects the defendant's role."

10 years prison for man who helped in slaying of teen brothers
Tieren Coleman, 20, pleaded guilty in July to amended charges of facilitation murder for the deaths of the two brothers, ages 16 and 14, as well as tampering with evidence and two counts of abuse of a corpse.

Prosecutors left it to Circuit Judge Mary Shaw to choose 10 years in prison or 15 years of supervised probation.

In a separate hearing on Friday, Wren told a judge she objected to a deal accepted by Jacorey Taylor, now 19, who pleaded guilty to three counts of facilitation of murder and tampering with evidence in the case.

Taylor’s plea accepted the prosecution’s offer that he be sentenced later to either 10 years in prison or 20 years of probation in connection with the murders of Wren’s sons.

“I just don’t agree with this at all,” Wren's mother told the Circuit Judge. “To me, they all should get life without the possibility of parole,” she said. “My life is gone. I suffer every day.”

In the same case, Anjuan Carter, who was 15 at the time of the killings, pleaded guilty in 2016 to facilitation of murder and tampering with evidence; he had reportedly been charged as an adult. He remains jailed in a juvenile justice facility until he turns 18, when he will be ordered to serve the rest of his 10-year sentence in adult prison or be sentenced to five years’ probation.

A fourth co-defendant, Tieren Coleman, now 20, pleaded guilty last July to facilitation of murder, tampering with evidence and two counts of abuse of a corpse. He also was sentenced to 10 years in prison.

Prosecutors have said they will pursue the death penalty for Rhodes. He allegedly killed Wren’s sons because, along with Carter and Taylor, they were present when Rhodes allegedly fatally shot another man, and Rhodes feared they would talk.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/mother-of-slain-teens-lunges-at-murder-suspect-in-court/

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/crime/2018/02/09/brice-rhodes-louisville-murder-warns-inmate-not-rat/318866002/

Facing up to the death penalty if convicted, murder defendant Brice Rhodes sent jail-house notes to a co-defendant threatening him to not testify against him in a triple homicide case, according to court records.

“RATS GET EXPOSED” was written across the top of a police statement transcript, as well as a handwritten letter, sent to Jacorey Taylor.

Taylor, 17 at the time of the killings and now 19, took a plea deal in January that requires him to testify at trial.

He accepted the prosecution's offer for either 10 years in prison or 20 years of probation, a decision that will be left to Circuit Judge Charlie Cunningham at sentencing, set for March 14.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back