KY - Multiple casualties in active shooter situation at Old National Bank in Louisville, Apr 2023 *suspect dead*

I feel bad for the parents who seem to be blaming themselves, saying that they acted reasonably but not "exceptionally" and that their son needed parents who were exceptional and they failed him.

They seem like they were in close contact with him and were helping him to get in to see his psychiatrist on short notice. I'm not sure what they could have done.

I feel the same. They tried their best with their son. They are still trying their best to help all victims even now... that takes real human fortitude. jmo

Great news, hoping this young police officer recovers fully in due time!
1682781844734.png
“He’s even able to open his eyes and look at you, which is a huge step forward. We are proud of his progress and ask for continued prayers to keep his fire going,” the police foundation shared.

Authorities say Wilt remains in critical condition, but he is fighting hard.

According to the police foundation, the next 24 to 36 hours will be critical in determining when Wilt will be off the ventilator and other devices.

“We appreciate your continued thoughts and prayers during this difficult time,” the police foundation shared.''

Great news, hoping this young police officer recovers fully in due time!
View attachment 418079
“He’s even able to open his eyes and look at you, which is a huge step forward. We are proud of his progress and ask for continued prayers to keep his fire going,” the police foundation shared.

Authorities say Wilt remains in critical condition, but he is fighting hard.

According to the police foundation, the next 24 to 36 hours will be critical in determining when Wilt will be off the ventilator and other devices.

“We appreciate your continued thoughts and prayers during this difficult time,” the police foundation shared.''
I pray he makes it though this.

1685379998491.jpeg
Lexington artist Kayla Weber Nord is known for her Kentucky-inspired paintings, but when a family friend of Deana Eckert reached out about a memorial commission it was a bright floral design that came to life.

Eckert was one of five lives lost on April 10 in the mass shooting at Old National Bank in downtown Louisville. The Eckert family moved to Louisville in 2021, but, during the previous two decades, they lived in Lexington

Weber Nord was able to surprise Eckert's family with the commission in Lexington May 20 after a memorial ride at CycleBar. The artist said she wanted to go a step further and offer prints as a fundraiser in her honor.

"It just it all came together very, very quickly and beautifully," Weber Nord said Monday. "I feel like I was praying over the family as I was painting it. ... It was just very special."

“Sturgeon wrote that it “was so easy” to purchase the assault rifle, a Radical Firearms RF-15, from a Louisville gun store, according to the police file. He bought the rifle, 120 rounds and four magazine cartridges for $700 six days before the shooting, and the process took about 45 minutes, he said.

“Seriously, I knew it would be doable but this is ridiculous,” he wrote.”

“Sturgeon wrote that it “was so easy” to purchase the assault rifle, a Radical Firearms RF-15, from a Louisville gun store, according to the police file. He bought the rifle, 120 rounds and four magazine cartridges for $700 six days before the shooting, and the process took about 45 minutes, he said.

“Seriously, I knew it would be doable but this is ridiculous,” he wrote.”
So we get to see this shooter's writings but not the Covenant School shooter's writings.

Heartbreaking story of a loving husband and father gone too soon.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back