GUILTY KY - Paige Johnson, 17, found deceased, Florence, 23 Sept 2010 *arrest in 2020*

A burned body was found Wednesday afternoon in the Cumberland Gap National Historic Park.

So far, officials are not releasing a name, age, or if the body is that of a man or a woman.

http://www.wkyt.com/news/headlines/...National_Historic_Park_104481584.html?ref=584

A human body has been found in the Cumberland Gap National Historical Park.

The remains were found in Bell County in the Kentucky portion of the park and Kentucky State Police and the Bell County Coroner's Office responded.

Cumberland Gap is located where Kentucky, Tennessee and Virginia meet.

http://www.wrcbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13283140

The body was discovered along Highway 988 in the part of the park that's in Bell County around 3:30. Investigators have not released whether the body was a man or a woman.

Park officials say it appears to be an isolated incident...

http://www.wbir.com/news/article/137401/2/Burned-body-discovered-in-Cumberland-Gap-National-Park

This is 4 hours from Covington where Paige was supposed to have been dropped off...and would sound eerily similar to Alicia Debolt's case to me considering they cannot be connected.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...7.840157,-84.122314&spn=4.164203,7.064209&z=7

Prayers for the family of this UID victim.

If this turns out to be Paige I'll be very surprised, even though it is a pretty straight forward drive down I75 that is an 8 hour round trip. It would be a peculiar twist for sure.

JMHO.

I'm thinking about Paige today. Prayers for her family.

There is a 15 year old girl, Amber Simpson, who went missing from Middlesboro (which is right beside the park where the burning body was found) a couple of days ago. While it could be someone else, this would be more likely that it is Amber rather than Paige.

http://www.wkyt.com/news/headlines/Search_for_missing_teen_104523824.html

ETA: I was actually searching to see if there was a thread on Amber, when I came across this thread.

I was trying to find others it could be, Kara Rigdon... a couple of others that were already found dead.

Amber Simpson would be even more eerily similar to Alicia Debolt. Creepy.

They haven't even said if it's a man or woman. I just figured I would find any of them within a few hours and look at them.

Police have received a steady stream of tips about a missing Florence teenager, but so far they haven't located the girl.

Witnesses said Johnson was dropped off in Covington by an undisclosed male, but police said they found reason to doubt his account of events.

However, police said, they have found no evidence that a crime has been committed in the girl's disappearance.

A Covington police spokesman said they had no evidence that Johnson had been kidnapped or abducted, and the teen remained classified as missing.

http://www.wlwt.com/r/25320103/detail.html

The comments on this article look like they may end up being interesting.

I'm glad to see she has a facebook for her being missing. The generation that she belongs to does utilize facebook as a social networking source for the most part. I asked to be added.

I read the 4 comments that were posted under the article covering her being missing (the link to which was posted in post number 17 by MsFacetious, TY BTW! :))

They seem to me to be half-a22ed comments we see posted by those that could be percieved as participating in knucklehead type behavior, when there is nothing else to do but log on and post wise-@ss comments about missing children.)

The bottom line is this is a missing child.

I don't care if she is voluntarily missing.

I don't care if she is out and having a h3ll of a time and can't be bothered to call home to check in. She is a missing child.

She is 17 yrs old. I have a saying..."If you can't be a blessing in my life...move the h3ll out of my way". Those that are participating in that knucklehead behavior by commenting on MSM articles and accusing her of being found on a maternity ward after nine months...well, there is such a thing as Karma and something else which I believe even more---the energy you put out in thoughts and words---comes back to you triple fold. I'd hate to be in your sneakers dude. JMHO

Come home sweet baby. My gut is telling me you can't come home. My gut is telling me that you won't be coming home to your Momma or your own child---as they want you to come home.

Prayers.

I agree, it doesn't matter WHY she is missing...as far as her family is concerned they still don't know where she is. It just affects the search effort, how and where they search if they know she is voluntarily missing.

Even IF there was confirmation of a pregnancy that we have not heard about... that still doesn't determine for me why she went missing.

Yes, she could run away because of a second pregnancy she didn't want discovered...

She could also be taken by someone who didn't want it discovered.

That could explain the boyfriend lawyering up if he really did....I would LOVE to know his age. In Kentucky, the age of consent is 16. Unless the older person is over 21. So, 16 or 17 and 22+ would still be illegal. If she WAS pregnant and that's the reason she's gone, it happened when she was 16 or she wouldn't have known yet.

I don't know what the odds are it would be prosecuted in Kentucky, but it would be illegal if the boyfriend was 22+ and so it could be a motive. I wonder what happened with the father of the first child?

Also, she didn't get pregnant at 15, she got pregnant at 14.

If she had gotten pregnant at 15 she would be really close to 18 with a 2 year old. She JUST turned 17.

She had to have gotten pregnant when she was 14 and probably had the baby at 14 as well... unless the baby was born after Paige's August 29th birthday in 2008 and so turned 2 in the last month.

http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...en_US&orgPrefix=NCMC&caseNum=1157010&seqNum=1

Search continues for Florence teen

http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/AB/20101008/NEWS010703/10090346/

From this news report.

Paige's daughter's father's family has custody of the child.

Her child's father is not thought to be involved in her disappearance.

Paige lives with her mom in Florence about 10 miles away from where she was last seen.

She left home without a cell phone or credit cards.

Investigators brough search dogs to a house Paige might have visited in Taylor Mill...but there was no sign of her.

Prosecutors are concerned that the last person to see her just said that he dropped her off and he immediately got a lawyer.

There is no credible evidence that Paige has been seen since her disappearance and 'the fact that prosecutors are involved is not a good sign'. :(

That article also mentions a second male friend who lawyered up.

Her boyfriend perhaps?

There is a guy in the county, who was arrested on a technical parole violation, by an actual officer, not the "court" and is being detained. J is a friend of Paige on facebook and he appears to be kind of the resident driver for all of the girls. Dropping them off at friend's houses and things like that.

Paige is also in his top 4 friends on my space. They appear to have been close friends for several years, there is multiple pictures of her and they don't appear to all be from the same time frame.

Even though he is 5 years older than she is and almost triple her size...he would not be my top suspect to have hurt her. It's weird...he almost seems like a big brother type figure. I could understand why all these girls hang out with him...he's likely their protector. But at the same time it's too weird for me...I'd have to actually see more than just pictures to get a better feeling about him.

Regardless...I think it is pretty safe to think that the police have him there on the parole violation trying to pressure him. He probably isn't the only one... I just didn't have time to go through them all when you can't sort by age or date of arrest.

The cousin that went on Nancy the other day has also commented on news articles. She said they have been told Paige may have cut and dyed her hair. Red, black and brown.

http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/AB/20101008/NEWS010703/10090346/

Investigators became more concerned when the male acquaintance who said he dropped Johnson off hired a lawyer and refused to answer further questions. Nally said detectives wanted to know anything else Johnson might have told him about her plans for the night.

Nally wouldn't release the name of the man who dropped off Johnson.

"We haven't even been able to confirm a crime has been committed so to call anyone a suspect I think would be premature," Nally said.

Investigators were further concerned when another male acquaintance they tried to question hired a lawyer and refused to cooperate. Nally would also not release that person's name.

The family of a missing teen from Covington, Kentucky continues their search, hoping to find 17-year-old Paige Johnson alive.

"We want Paige home," said her mother, Donna Johnson.

Donna says search dogs may canvas the area this week.

http://www.wave3.com/story/13303421/search-continues-for-missing-covington-woman

From the video in the article:

Paige Johnson was reportedly last seen at 15th and Scott in Covington... dropped off by a friend. Now that friend and Paige Johnson's boyfriend have hired attorneys and are not being as helpful as they were at first.

Johnson has been missing 18 days. The fliers have given police some tips, but nothing specific about her whereabouts.

"Do you feel like you're getting full cooperation from people who may have some knowledge of what's gone on with her?"

Lt. Col. Spike Jones, Covington Police: Well we have received a lot of cooperation from some folks. As you're aware an individual we were speaking with obtained an attorney...in that respect that's really all I can address as far as that. He did obtain an attorney."

That was the last person known to have seen Paige Johnson, reportedly here at 15th and Scott in Covington.

Mother: "That's supposedly. We don't even know if she made it to 15th and Scott. That's just the friend who gave her a ride and said he dropped her off there. But we don't know."

Jenny Roderick, Paige Johnson's Grandmother: "We don't know they're getting lawyers. We don't understand why they're getting lawyers.

Mother - "We're kind of curious ourselves why they did get lawyers. That scares us, too. We don't know."

Covington police are still handling this as a missing persons case. There is no criminal investigation.

"We're very confident that we're going to locate Paige."

The anchor said it's interesting that Lt. Col. Spike Jones says they are confident they will locate her.

The reporter says he was baffled by that as well and doesn't know what it is that gives them so much confidence that they will find her. The reporter asked him specifically why they feel that way and Lt. Col. Spike Jones said he could not share that information.

The reporter feels the police know a great deal more than they are telling the public and that is why they are confident they will find her.

http://www.local12.com/news/local/s...n-Remains-Missing/_zgTrVd4Gkigf-pFJl2b4w.cspx

Personal opinion, speculation and theory:

I am still 99% sure that the "friend who dropped Paige off" is the same friend who usually dropped all the girls off, the one who beat stage 4 cancer a few years ago. His own family says he saw her the night she disappeared. So if he didn't drop her off, he was still one of the last people to see her.

This friend was one of the ones arrested on a parole violation...(still being detained over a week later) which would obviously mean he would have an attorney. My first instinct still isn't on this friend to have hurt her. He is kind of the defender of all of the girls...that is his "violent" history. I do not know why he was on parole, I haven't felt the need to look that far.

I really wonder if the police are thinking along the same lines that I am...that perhaps she was assisted in hiding for a period of time? Maybe they have verified she had a reason for leaving? Which gives them reason to be confident they will locate her? Maybe that's why her boyfriend and friend hired lawyers, because they know where she is and are trying to allow her the time she needs? (I know, I'm being very optimistic!)

I also think with all the tips they are getting about people seeing her in Cincinnati, her being with some much older guy, her saying she isn't coming home because her mother will call the cops, etc....that they may have real reasons to believe she is okay. Maybe even her on camera in a gas station or store somewhere? I just haven't seen tips that talk about her being dead.

I don't know, it just didn't sound to me like the Lt Col. was talking about locating Paige's body...he sounded more optimistic than that. But I guess we will find out if they bring out cadaver dogs.

I hope she took off... I really don't want to see another Jodi Powers.

A public facebook set up for Paige...

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php...aige-You-Are-Safe-Here/159025927454965?v=wall

http://www.kypost.com/dpp/news/local_news/missing-n.ky.-teen’s-facebook-page-quiet

Posted: 5:25 PM
Last Updated: 10 minutes ago
By: Jessica Noll

COVINGTON, Ky. - Everyone involved in the Paige Johnson case is on Facebook … everyone except the missing teen herself. And police said that could be cause for concern.

While the police still have no concrete leads about what happened to the 17-year-old who dissappeared nearly three weeks ago, they continue to search for her around the clock. The search has even extended to a check of her social habits on the Internet and that's where police have come up cold -- no e-mails sent; no Facebook status updates; no MySpace chats or messages.

Police consider the teenager’s lack of social network activity as a possible concern.

paige_johnson-facebook_(2)_20101012191038_320_240.JPG

Paige and daughter McKenzie

http://www.kypost.com/dpp/news/local_news/missing-n.ky.-teen%E2%80%99s-facebook-page-quiet

There are a lot of people worried about you Paige. I hope you're safe.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustFab
Back