KY KY - Regina Renee Cox, 18, Somerset, 23 Aug 1997

Bumping for Regina.
Does anyone know if she has DNA uploaded yet?
Doe Network lists all her identifiers as unknown, however, considering how far she got in the recruiting process, shouldn't there be fingerprints out there for her?

The age might be off , but the eyes in the recreation look green although it says "unknown " on the eyes. Also , I will have to look it back up but the Naval recruiter who recruited Regina initially was discharged for rape of another girl actually before Regina left. I feel like he met Regina under the guise of wanting to talk to her , and either forced her or convinced her to get in his vehicle.I did find him , he does have a record for sexual misconduct and rape.

I was initially pointed in this direction by Topix, of all places, but thought this was worth posting because I was able to corroborate the most important parts of it in MSM.

There was a recruiter, initials TRF, who was at that recruiting station that she disappeared from. He was convicted of multiple rapes and at least one kidnapping. It was around the same time. He was later exonerated on (imo) a ridiculous technicality, but I am feeling like this is the guy.

The Courier-Journal from Louisville, Kentucky - Newspapers.com

https://www.law.umich.edu/special/exoneration/Pages/casedetail.aspx?caseid=3832

The only thing that is bothering me is that it says he was a recruiter at that location from October 1995 to February 1997, when he was moved to administrative duty because of the allegations. Regina didn't go missing until August 1997. That leaves me with a couple questions that perhaps someone with military knowledge could answer?

1) Would he still have been at the same physical location while on administrative duty?
2) If she was visiting the recruiting center in August 1997 (when she disappeared), could she have enlisted or been seeing the recruiter in February 1997 or earlier while he was still there in a recruiting role?
3) After February 1997, he obviously knew he was in trouble, could that have been a reason why he had to do something so that Regina wouldn't decide to speak up also? Would he have waited until August to do that?

Note: I could not find any MSM stating he was ever named a suspect in Regina's disappearance, but the fact that he was in the exact location she disappeared from and has these convictions, made me think it was worth posting.
I totally agree with this! I feel like the answer to your first question could be yes , however even if he wasn't still at the Somerset office; everything I have read points to the fact that he was her initial recruiter or involved in some capacity. I'm sure she knew him or was possibly comfortable enough with him to stop and talk to him or even get close enough for him too get her in his car or even convince her to get in his vehicle. His last name is Forbes and at one point you could read his case which stated he got off on the other rape and kidnapping charges due to a technicality? Was it todd forbes, I found him on FB at one point too and would love to see if he has anymore convictions. Most predators don't stop.

Regina Renee Cox - U.S. Navy - Missing for 26 years...​

regina_renee_cox_1.jpg
regina_renee_cox_2.jpg
regina_renee_cox_3.jpg
regina_renee_cox_4.jpg
regina_renee_cox_5.jpg

Regina Renee Cox, age 18, Missing since 23 August 1997

• Missing From Somerset, Kentucky
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 07/10/1979 (44)
  • Age 18 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'2, 115 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A tie-dyed t-shirt, blue jeans and black sandals.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, green eyes. Cox has scars on her right elbow and on her right wrist. Her ears are pierced. Cox's nickname is Reggie.

Details of Disappearance​

Cox was last seen leaving the parking lot of the United States Armed Services Recruiting Station in her hometown of Somerset, Kentucky on August 23, 1997 at approximately 11:30 a.m. She has never been heard from again.

Her mother discovered Cox's vehicle abandoned in the parking lot of the Wal-Mart store across the street from the Recruiting Station at approximately 5:30 a.m. on August 24, the following morning. Her car was locked and her purse, identification and money was inside the vehicle. There was no sign of Cox at the scene and her car keys were not located.

Cox was born in Hamilton County, Ohio. She joined the U.S. Navy prior to her disappearance and was scheduled to report to the Great Lakes Recruit Training Center in Illinois on September 9, 1997. Her family believes that she was taken against her will. Her case remains unsolved.

Investigating Agency​

• Naval Criminal Investigative Service (NCIS)
  • Washington D.C. Headquarters
  • 202-433-9225
  • 800-479-9685
  • NCIS Resident Agency
  • Memphis, Tennessee Office
  • 901-874-5387
  • Pulaski County Sheriff's Department
  • 606-678-5145

Source Information​

• Sad
Reactions: ?!?
Did anyone see her get into her car and leave?

There is very little information about this case

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back