Kyron Horman Discussion Thread 2017-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Searchers recovered lots of items, but none are relevant at this point, Gaidos said. Authorities will review photos of search, he said, but at this point they don't think they have anything applicable to case.

The search didn't follow any new information. Gaidos reiterated that the case remains active and that authorities still regularly work with Kyron's family."

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2017/07/west_hills_search_in_kyron_hor.html

So frustrating. Realistically though, after 7 years if Kyron's body is located, how much useful forensic evidence would be found at the scene? IMO the case rests on other circumstantial evidence. I'm not saying LE should stop looking - it's important that Kyron be found for many reasons, including to bring peace to his mother.

Keeping my fingers crossed that LE does have some strong evidence and are biding their time in order to bring it all together for a murder charge. After all, there's no statute of limitations on murder.

One way in and out at that school for school events. It is a very old school and events such as the sciene fair, ppl would be packed in like sardines so a parent would notice everyone.
RSBM

It seems clear Kyron walked out with TH... and that would be the reason why no one noticed anything unusual !!
Possibly right after that last photo of him --taken by TH for an 'alibi'.
Just how ignorant does this poor excuse for a stepmother think everyone is ????
:maddening:

One way in and out at that school for school events. It is a very old school and events such as the sciene fair, ppl would be packed in like sardines so a parent would notice everyone.

Apparently no one did as obviously he is gone.

Thought I'd read back when he disappeared it was mentioned there was a side door at the end of a hallway... and that TH might have led him out that door so others wouldn't notice that KH was leaving WITH HER ??

Also , even if he walked out the front door with her-- who is going to notice a kid leaving with a parent ?

Terri Korman is truely disturbed. She went to court for a name change. DENIED. The name she wanted to go by is Claire Sullivan. Claire Sullivan is a character in a book called" Burn". By Nevada Barr. Its a Anne Pigeon series. Its about child sex slaves. Alot of fans of the Anne Pigeon series were disturbed by the subject matter. Most of the settings in the series are set in the wilderness.
WILDERNESS? I do wonder if there is a clue to the whereabouts of Kyron in one of Nevadas earlier books? She seems to be a fan.
I feel there is some kind of clue in the book as to who or where to look. This all seems to be some looney crazy taunting game.

RSBM

It seems clear Kyron walked out with TH... and that would be the reason why no one noticed anything unusual !!
Possibly right after that last photo of him --taken by TH for an 'alibi'.
Just how ignorant does this poor excuse for a stepmother think everyone is ????
:maddening:

JMO, but I have always felt that TMH could've left the school and walked to her truck alone that morning.

IIRC, Kyron told one classmate that he had a doctors appointment that day. TMH could've told Kyron that he could look around at the science exhibits for another 5 minutes or so and then to come out the back (gym) doors to the truck so they could go to his *appointment*.

TMH then left the school (through the main front doors to be seen leaving alone), and no one would've thought a thing of it.

Kyron continued to look around at the exhibits in the gym for a little while longer and then walked out the back door of the school to the truck.

Thought I'd read back when he disappeared it was mentioned there was a side door at the end of a hallway... and that TH might have led him out that door so others wouldn't notice that KH was leaving WITH HER ??

Also , even if he walked out the front door with her-- who is going to notice a kid leaving with a parent ?

I remember that too. I can't imagine there being only one way in and out; is that even legal? Older buildings might not even have an emergency exit--most would have had a back or side door and in some instances a door can be locked for entrance but still able to be opened to exit.

I don't know; I'm not from there and people from there will obviously have more accurate information. It's just hard to accept the school having only one way in and out.

Multnomah County Chief Deputy District Attorney Rod Underhill said a witness, or witnesses, have reported seeing someone else by the Hormans' extended-cab pickup while it was parked in front of the school between 8:15 a.m. and 8:45 a.m. on June 4, the day Kyron disappeared.

Authorities are seeking to identify the person, or persons, who may have been spotted by the truck as it was parked outside the school's front fence in the shoulder of Northwest Skyline Boulevard. Someone possibly moved the pickup and parked it up a gravel path in front of the school's playground while Terri Moulton Horman was inside the school with her stepson for his science fair.
http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/08/kyron_horman_case_investigator.html

There is a picture of the flyer LE distributed at the link above. Did Terri hand Kyron off to someone?

"Searchers recovered lots of items, but none are relevant at this point, Gaidos said. Authorities will review photos of search, he said, but at this point they don't think they have anything applicable to case.

The search didn't follow any new information. Gaidos reiterated that the case remains active and that authorities still regularly work with Kyron's family."

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2017/07/west_hills_search_in_kyron_hor.html

So frustrating. Realistically though, after 7 years if Kyron's body is located, how much useful forensic evidence would be found at the scene? IMO the case rests on other circumstantial evidence. I'm not saying LE should stop looking - it's important that Kyron be found for many reasons, including to bring peace to his mother.

Keeping my fingers crossed that LE does have some strong evidence and are biding their time in order to bring it all together for a murder charge. After all, there's no statute of limitations on murder.

Probably little forensic evidence unless his skull was crushed or he was shot and a bullet nearby links to someone.

But the location of the body is what could make this case super strong.

By the way, most cases are circumstantial. People think that's a bad thing. Direct evidence cases are not uncommon (video or direct eye witnesses to the crime taking place), but arrests are made very fast in those cases and the most you hear is of an arrest for a death on the same day, or something.

Circumstantial evidence includes DNA, fingerprints, bullet analysis, etc.

There is a picture of the flyer LE distributed at the link above. Did Terri hand Kyron off to someone?

Here's photos of two of the flyers that MCSO distributed at their early pressers.

One has photos of TMH and the Ford truck.
One with photos of TMH and DDS.

IMG_7566.JPG
IMG_7565.JPG

Here's photos of two of the flyers that MCSO distributed at their early pressers.

One has photos of TMH and the Ford truck.
One with photos of TMH and DDS.

View attachment 119747
View attachment 119746

DDS and TMH could pass as cousins, sisters, maybe each other in those photos....even though the hair is not the same, it could be made up to look alike....skin tone, body type the same....hmmm, just me thinking,

Thanks everyone for all the new input. I hope they find something.

Nothing really new in my post.I just hope that this will be the catalyst that brings justice for Kyron.

Kyron Horman: 'Police search wooded area for clues in 2010 unsolved disappearance'

By Cristina Corbin Published July 10, 2017
<snipped>
A search-and-rescue team looking for Kyron Horman combed through an area about 5 miles from Skyline Elementary School in Portland, Ore., collecting several items -- none of which appeared to be related to the disappearance -- the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office told Fox News.

"We want to ensure we leave no stone unturned," Multnomah County Sheriff spokesman Lt. Chad Gaidos said of the new search, which was conducted in an area investigators had not examined before.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/07/1...for-clues-in-2010-unsolved-disappearance.html

Also thanks to all of Webseluths faithful;even as time slips by you will never let Kyron be forgotten.
:grouphug:

A refresher that DDS invoked the 5th amendment 142 times in court. We don't know if she was involved in Kyron's disappearance, but this certainly appears sketchy. Opinion and speculation only
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/25/kyron-horman-dede-spicher_n_2011188.html

She certainly spent enough time with Terri after the investigation began to hear Terri's perspective on the case. Even if she wasn't directly involved, if Terri killed or kidnapped Kyron, Dede has a legal obligation to disclose whatever she knows about it to law enforcement; if she does not, she becomes an accessory after the fact. But why would she have even wanted to spend time in the same house with Terri, before she moved in with her parents? Especially after Kaine's restraining order because of the murder for hire that Terri reportedly attempted? That would scare most of us.........

She certainly spent enough time with Terri after the investigation began to hear Terri's perspective on the case. Even if she wasn't directly involved, if Terri killed or kidnapped Kyron, Dede has a legal obligation to disclose whatever she knows about it to law enforcement; if she does not, she becomes an accessory after the fact. But why would she have even wanted to spend time in the same house with Terri, before she moved in with her parents? Especially after Kaine's restraining order because of the murder for hire that Terri reportedly attempted? That would scare most of us.........
SABBM

That's the saddest part about Kyron's case... this person who was the last to see him -- does not hesitate to eliminate --or try to -- people she doesn't want in her life ! (albeit allegedly)
MOO

I always felt that DD took Kyron away that day for Terri. I hoped he was alive, that they handed him off to someone. I was told a rumor if you will as to why Terri wanted Kyron out of the house, but it was a rumor or heresay, so I will not post it. But there was no time or way that Terri killed or injured Kyron at school, not with all those people and kids about. I think she told him to meet her outside, maybe at the truck and DD was there and took him. Both women looked alike, and DD was working in someone garden I think at the time of his disappearance, so maybe she left her work and helped Terri, IDK. But I still believe the two of them, did this.

I'm late getting here, but wanted to drop in to see what everyone was saying about Sunday's search. A couple of things I noted was that the area searched was at least in the vicinity of areas where LE had requested surveillance video for June 3 & 4, 2010. It's shockingly late, but maybe they are finally reviewing them?

Another interesting thing to me was the area of NW Springville Rd that was closed to through traffic for the recent search. It was rumored during a re-enactment with LE, Terri said she may have stopped for about 30 minutes to change the baby's diaper--right at the corner of NW Springville Rd and NW Skyline Blvd.

Regardless of their reasons for searching, I'm glad to see some interest in the general area as it is the "back roads" area where TMH originally said she spent time driving to sooth her 18 month old child; and it is the area where she would have had to drive through from the 2nd FM (or Michaels, if we believe her later stories of making a quick stop there), to get to Highway 30 (NW St. Helen's Rd).

And, of course, the garden on Old Germantown Rd where DDS was working that day is just above the corner of NW Springville Rd and NW Skyline Blvd.

I hope they run a search every Sunday until they have turned over every pebble, and if nothing turns up, I hope the go back to Skyline School and start all over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member