Kyron Horman's general discussion thread - 2015/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have worked for more than 30 years as a ANA Board Certified Psychiatric RN. Most of my jobs were in prisons, jails and forensic psych units. While women were involved in murder , my experience has been that 95% of hands on violence was done by men. Women may have planned and instigated but hands on was almost always men. If TH was involved IMO a man did the actual hands on violence. That has been my experience....FWIW.

I agree
What a fascinating background you have!
We are fortunate to have your insights.

I have worked for more than 30 years as a ANA Board Certified Psychiatric RN. Most of my jobs were in prisons, jails and forensic psych units. While women were involved in murder , my experience has been that 95% of hands on violence was done by men. Women may have planned and instigated but hands on was almost always men. If TH was involved IMO a man did the actual hands on violence. That has been my experience....FWIW.

Women are not immune to committing murder, but often do so in "non-violent" ways such as by poisoning. I think it is quite likely Kyron was drugged, then maybe had a plastic bag put over his head to finish the deed.

Women are not immune to committing murder, but often do so in "non-violent" ways such as by poisoning. I think it is quite likely Kyron was drugged, then maybe had a plastic bag put over his head to finish the deed.

I believe anything is possible. Women do usually use non violent methods (from my experience) in their murders or get someone else to do it for them. I wonder if he was taken somewhere else and whatever was done.....was done elsewhere.

I think you are right in that she definitely had help. I think it was a hand off of sorts, and most likely a similar set up to the alleged arrangement she tried to strike with the gardener to eliminate Kaine. I keep going back to who she knew from the gym who might be an ex-con willing to do something for $.

But you only have the gardeners allegation that she did that, there was no corroboration at all, and when he tried to "follow up" in co-operation with a LE sting operation, she called the police on them.

I believe anything is possible. Women do usually use non violent methods (from my experience) in their murders or get someone else to do it for them. I wonder if he was taken somewhere else and whatever was done.....was done elsewhere.

Most women kill (or try to) using guns or some sort of stabbing instrument when their victim is the same size or larger than them, since those level the playing field as they don't require any particular strength to overcome a victim. Poisoning is relatively rare as a method for homicide because it takes considerable preparation and a certain level of knowledge. It is unusual for women to kill by blunt force trauma or strangulation, unless they are bigger than their victim. When women kill children it is almost always through blunt force trauma or strangulation/suffocation/drowning.

There was no motive for anyone close to Kyron to kill him. If TH wanted out of her marriage while keeping her daughter, she would have gotten rid of her husband, not his kid - Kyron would have been sent off to a blood relative if his father died. Kyron was no impediment, so what benefit would she get from him disappearing? None as far as I can tell.

It is far more likely to have been a stranger abduction.

Most women kill (or try to) using guns or some sort of stabbing instrument when their victim is the same size or larger than them, since those level the playing field as they don't require any particular strength to overcome a victim. Poisoning is relatively rare as a method for homicide because it takes considerable preparation and a certain level of knowledge. It is unusual for women to kill by blunt force trauma or strangulation, unless they are bigger than their victim. When women kill children it is almost always through blunt force trauma or strangulation/suffocation/drowning.

There was no motive for anyone close to Kyron to kill him. If TH wanted out of her marriage while keeping her daughter, she would have gotten rid of her husband, not his kid - Kyron would have been sent off to a blood relative if his father died. Kyron was no impediment, so what benefit would she get from him disappearing? None as far as I can tell.

It appeared to me that the issue was TH hated Kyron and simply wanted him gone. I think that was her motivation. She was tired of caring for him and felt he was a drain. Evidence?

1. She wrote posts about Kyron that were slightly suggestive of dislike, on social media.
2. In one photo, she centered her daughter, K, as the focus with Kyron's school mates around her. Kyyon was not present. No attempt to wait for him or retake the photo.
3. She wrote emails indicated she hated Kyron.
4. She asked Kyron's mom if she would take custody of Kyron.
5. She was coming down hard on Kyron in the time prior to his disappearance, asking that the teacher's report any minor infraction and punishing him for slight issues.

If TH was a step-father rather than a step-mother, I do not believe there would be as many questions about her potential involvement. I agree that males are more likely to commit violence than females. It is a testosterone thing in part. But many women have committed horrible assaults against and murders of spouses and children - pushing them off bridges, drowning them, starving them, torturing them to death, allowing another to do so to their kids, etc.

I mean we hear cases of violence on the part of women against children in their care, every year. Zahra Baker. Genshawn Cooper. Billy Hunter Jr. Tyler Raines. Alexis Morris. Charlie Bothell. Myls Dobson. Eric Dean. All kids killed or harmed horribly by their step-mothers, for example. And most pepetrated the violence totally on their own:
In dramatic testimony, Jennifer Jimenez's 12-year-old daughter described for the jury how she walked in on her mom as the woman held Alexis upside down by her ankles and slammed the child's head against the ground as Alexis was crying and screaming, said Pottawatomie County Assistant District Attorney Adam Panter.
http://newsok.com/shawnee-stepmother-convicted-in-child-abuse-death/article/3693598

Charlie also told investigators about his stepmother, Monique Dillard-Bothuell, who he said hated him. In the interview he stated that his stepmother said "she doesn't f'ing like me, and will f'ing murder me." She also said "I can make you disappear."
He told investigators that it was his stepmother who put him in the basement, the report says.http://www.wxyz.com/news/region/det...pmother-told-him-she-could-make-him-disappear

Bruises covered 3-year-old Eric Dean’s face. A scab formed above his lip. His ear bled from a red welt.
Before his stepmother, Amanda Peltier, left him at his new day care, she bent down to meet his blue eyes and told the boy to say he fell down.
Day-care provider Colleen Myslicki watched in disbelief. After studying the strange puncture wounds on Eric’s face and ear, she realized they were bite marks. Later that day, she asked him what happened.
Eric’s reply: “Mommy did it.” http://www.startribune.com/local/273325741.html
And then there's the stats on child abuse and homicides. And step-children:

According to a report titled "Homicide Trends in the U.S.," issued by the Department of Justice's Bureau of Justice Statistics, of all children under age five murdered between 1976 and 2005, 31 percent were killed by fathers and 29 percent were killed by mothers.
A 2000 study conducted by Marlene Dalley, Ph.D., analyzed trends in Canadian child murders and concluded that "Both mothers and fathers kill infant children at the same frequency, though when all (victim) age groups are considered mothers and step-mothers killed more children than fathers and step-fathers."
A 2003 study reported in the Journal of the American Medical Association found that of 34 North Carolina newborns who were killed or left to die, at least 85 percent of them were killed by their mothers (usually through strangulation or drowning). http://news.discovery.com/human/mother-killer-murder-child.htm

Psychologists Martin Daly and Margo Wilson of McMaster University in Ontario, Canada, coined the term "Cinderella effect" to describe their finding that stepchildren living with a biological parent and a stepparent were seven times more likely to be abused than children living with two biological parents. In instances where abused children were killed, stepchildren were 100 times more likely to be killed than children living with two biological parents.http://www.livestrong.com/article/238324-what-are-the-causes-of-stepchild-abuse/

Women can be violent. Hatred is motive enough to harm a child, unfortunately.

REVENGE. She was livid with Kaine for making her send her own son away to live with his bio-father. She didn't like Kryon anyway, and got rid of him as a means to hurt Kaine. Sick woman. You can't use your own rational thinking and apply it to TMH.
All opinion and speculation only.

I was giving my opinion based on my own experience. I worked in prisons, forensic psych hospitals with many NGRI clients. I could count on the fingers of both hands the number of women who had murdered someone with violent means. The men numbered thousands. But that is MY personal experience.
As far as motive...sometimes there just isn't a clear one. My baby nephew was just brutally murdered while his older two year old sister watched (unharmed) by their male caretaker. There was no motive that any one knows about. I'm not sure what happened to Kyron or why. I don't rule anything out.

Miss J. I am so sorry that you baby nephew was murdered, and am heartbroken his sister had to witness something so horrible.
There's nothing I can possibly say that would relieve even a fraction of the pain you and your family must carry with you, but I will keep you in my prayers.

Miss J. I am so sorry that you baby nephew was murdered, and am heartbroken his sister had to witness something so horrible.
There's nothing I can possibly say that would relieve even a fraction of the pain you and your family must carry with you, but I will keep you in my prayers.
One of the gifts of WS is that there are people here to pray for, and support each other. The humanity helps ease broken hearts. God Bless

(((MissJ)))

You and your family are in my prayers.

Sometimes I am simply overcome with all the violence done to children. There are people who believe, IMO, that small children are disposable and have no value. I call those people monsters. I don't know what happened to Kyron or why. But I think there is a piece to the puzzle we are missing. JMO

The LE officer who always gave the news updates eluded to this Miss J. Remember him saying he had learned disturbing things about all the adults? We never learned what that was

The LE officer who always gave the news updates eluded to this Miss J. Remember him saying he had learned disturbing things about all the adults? We never learned what that was

Oh, my I had forgotten that! I wonder will this case ever be "solved" as in move forward to an arrest. Sometimes I feel that Kyron has been forgotten by LE and it has become a waiting game. A wait to see who breaks.

Who helped Kryon with his science project? I was just looking at pics, and came across his last pic taken.

Did we ever see any of these emails that Terri wrote of Kyron?

No. But here's what was reported:

Kyron’s biological mother, Desiree Young, said investigators shared e-mails with her that Terri sent friends. She said in them Terri talked about hurting Kyron. Desiree said she now believes Terri is capable of doing so.

“Extreme hatred for Kyron, and she talked about hurting him and things that you just don’t talk about with children,” she told KATU News Monday evening by phone. “I don’t understand how you can feel that way about a 7 year old.”

Young said it is now clear that Terri dislikes her and believes she transferred that to Kyron.

“I no longer had that little part of me that hoped she hadn’t done anything to Kyron,” Desiree said after she read the e-mails. “I realized that she is capable of hurting him. That was the hardest part about it.”
http://www.katu.com/news/local/108352154.html?mobile=y

Who helped Kryon with his science project? I was just looking at pics, and came across his last pic taken.

I assume TH. She complained she was the one taking care of Kyron all the time so I'm betting it was her. But before anyone thinks that means she couldn't have harmed him, Scott Peterson painted his son's nursery, and dresser, assembled his crib, built a table for the nursery, attended Lamaze classes and OBGYN appointments. But he still killed his baby.

Wonder why someone who received an Email from an adult who talked about hurting a child would not report it? If the Email exists and the person had reported it, Kyron might have been removed from the home. I'm upset that this was not reported.

Wonder why someone who received an Email from an adult who talked about hurting a child would not report it? If the Email exists and the person had reported it, Kyron might have been removed from the home. I'm upset that this was not reported.

Maybe the friend talked to TMH and she corrected herself by saying she was just "joking" or "having a bad day". Sadly, I think we have all seen people who display contempt for a certain child. It's very sad, but not uncommon. The black sheep kid. TMH, of course, is an extreme.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500