Kyron Horman's general discussion thread - 2015/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Miss J, I am so sorry for you, the baby, his sister and your family. I do not understand it either... why children (and women) seem disposable. I do find comfort that Kyron's mama will never stop looking for him and she will not let this just fade away. I don't know how she manages to go on but I certainly am thankful she does. I hope he is found, for her sake, more than anything.

It appeared to me that the issue was TH hated Kyron and simply wanted him gone. I think that was her motivation. She was tired of caring for him and felt he was a drain. Evidence?

1. She wrote posts about Kyron that were slightly suggestive of dislike, on social media.
2. In one photo, she centered her daughter, K, as the focus with Kyron's school mates around her. Kyyon was not present. No attempt to wait for him or retake the photo.
3. She wrote emails indicated she hated Kyron.
4. She asked Kyron's mom if she would take custody of Kyron.
5. She was coming down hard on Kyron in the time prior to his disappearance, asking that the teacher's report any minor infraction and punishing him for slight issues.

If TH was a step-father rather than a step-mother, I do not believe there would be as many questions about her potential involvement. I agree that males are more likely to commit violence than females. It is a testosterone thing in part. But many women have committed horrible assaults against and murders of spouses and children - pushing them off bridges, drowning them, starving them, torturing them to death, allowing another to do so to their kids, etc.

I mean we hear cases of violence on the part of women against children in their care, every year. Zahra Baker. Genshawn Cooper. Billy Hunter Jr. Tyler Raines. Alexis Morris. Charlie Bothell. Myls Dobson. Eric Dean. All kids killed or harmed horribly by their step-mothers, for example. And most pepetrated the violence totally on their own: And then there's the stats on child abuse and homicides. And step-children:

According to a report titled "Homicide Trends in the U.S.," issued by the Department of Justice's Bureau of Justice Statistics, of all children under age five murdered between 1976 and 2005, 31 percent were killed by fathers and 29 percent were killed by mothers.
A 2000 study conducted by Marlene Dalley, Ph.D., analyzed trends in Canadian child murders and concluded that "Both mothers and fathers kill infant children at the same frequency, though when all (victim) age groups are considered mothers and step-mothers killed more children than fathers and step-fathers."
A 2003 study reported in the Journal of the American Medical Association found that of 34 North Carolina newborns who were killed or left to die, at least 85 percent of them were killed by their mothers (usually through strangulation or drowning). http://news.discovery.com/human/mother-killer-murder-child.htm

Psychologists Martin Daly and Margo Wilson of McMaster University in Ontario, Canada, coined the term "Cinderella effect" to describe their finding that stepchildren living with a biological parent and a stepparent were seven times more likely to be abused than children living with two biological parents. In instances where abused children were killed, stepchildren were 100 times more likely to be killed than children living with two biological parents.http://www.livestrong.com/article/238324-what-are-the-causes-of-stepchild-abuse/

Women can be violent. Hatred is motive enough to harm a child, unfortunately.

Thank you Gitana. Those statistics are horrifying, but important to understand. The stories of the children are just heartbreaking, but again we must not turn a blind eye, or ignore them.

I would imagine much of what you see in family court would break our hearts here. Thank you for your commitment to the children and families you serve, I just know you are making a difference.

I've been thinking about Kyron, and hoping that we hear something in the near future. It's hard to believe it will be 5 years in June.

Here's what I would like to know....

Who from that local gym that TMH went to, was male, a former felon, and moved shortly after Kyron's disappearance? There are a lot of ex-felon' who work out at gyms....no kidding. Not to say they aren't entitled, they are. I'd like to know who her gym rat friends were. It is purely a guess, but I could see her finding someone from the gym to make Kyron disappear...for $$. We know she allegedly tried some sort of plot to have Kaine disappear. It's not far fetched to think this was Kyron's fate as well.

In conjunction, I would like to see forensics on her bank accounts. Where was this money coming from? She was a female bodybuilder. It is not inconceivable she was doing some sort of *advertiser censored* or web cam on the side for $. I am not suggesting female bodybuilders automatically do *advertiser censored*, but it is well known in the gym community that many bodybuilders (male and female) do some sort of "side work" to support their very expensive sport.
Hi! I have been a "silent" reader til this point, mostly because I don't have much to say. I actually go to one of the gyms that TH went to, am friends with some of her friends, know the area that she lived in. I don't think I met her more than once at the gym; she had memberships at two gyms. It is an affluent area. I doubt that she had need to make small amounts of money making *advertiser censored*. I believe that there are pieces of information that people who are incidental to this have not shared. I believe that poor Kyron deserves better than this. I pray for resolution. I drive past the love/memory garden almost every day, and it is a sad testament that someone out there can drive past that and not want to make it right.
This is my opinion only.

Also thinking about you Kyron, precious boy.
Justice for Kyron.

It appeared to me that the issue was TH hated Kyron and simply wanted him gone. I think that was her motivation. She was tired of caring for him and felt he was a drain. Evidence?

1. She wrote posts about Kyron that were slightly suggestive of dislike, on social media.
2. In one photo, she centered her daughter, K, as the focus with Kyron's school mates around her. Kyyon was not present. No attempt to wait for him or retake the photo.
3. She wrote emails indicated she hated Kyron.
4. She asked Kyron's mom if she would take custody of Kyron.
5. She was coming down hard on Kyron in the time prior to his disappearance, asking that the teacher's report any minor infraction and punishing him for slight issues.

If TH was a step-father rather than a step-mother, I do not believe there would be as many questions about her potential involvement. I agree that males are more likely to commit violence than females. It is a testosterone thing in part. But many women have committed horrible assaults against and murders of spouses and children - pushing them off bridges, drowning them, starving them, torturing them to death, allowing another to do so to their kids, etc.

I mean we hear cases of violence on the part of women against children in their care, every year. Zahra Baker. Genshawn Cooper. Billy Hunter Jr. Tyler Raines. Alexis Morris. Charlie Bothell. Myls Dobson. Eric Dean. All kids killed or harmed horribly by their step-mothers, for example. And most pepetrated the violence totally on their own: And then there's the stats on child abuse and homicides. And step-children:

According to a report titled "Homicide Trends in the U.S.," issued by the Department of Justice's Bureau of Justice Statistics, of all children under age five murdered between 1976 and 2005, 31 percent were killed by fathers and 29 percent were killed by mothers.
A 2000 study conducted by Marlene Dalley, Ph.D., analyzed trends in Canadian child murders and concluded that "Both mothers and fathers kill infant children at the same frequency, though when all (victim) age groups are considered mothers and step-mothers killed more children than fathers and step-fathers."
A 2003 study reported in the Journal of the American Medical Association found that of 34 North Carolina newborns who were killed or left to die, at least 85 percent of them were killed by their mothers (usually through strangulation or drowning). http://news.discovery.com/human/mother-killer-murder-child.htm

Psychologists Martin Daly and Margo Wilson of McMaster University in Ontario, Canada, coined the term "Cinderella effect" to describe their finding that stepchildren living with a biological parent and a stepparent were seven times more likely to be abused than children living with two biological parents. In instances where abused children were killed, stepchildren were 100 times more likely to be killed than children living with two biological parents.http://www.livestrong.com/article/238324-what-are-the-causes-of-stepchild-abuse/

Women can be violent. Hatred is motive enough to harm a child, unfortunately.

Apparently, step parent living in the home increases the likelihood of violence against children by incredible numbers! I didn't realize that it was this bad. Makes me sad for all the children who are helplessly caught in these situations. I don't know what TH did or did not do but these stats sure should open eyes of bio parents everywhere who plan to put there children in jeopardy by their actions in choice of mate. I agree women can be violent...I just have not seen that much of it personally.

Apparently, step parent living in the home increases the likelihood of violence against children by incredible numbers! I didn't realize that it was this bad. Makes me sad for all the children who are helplessly caught in these situations. I don't know what TH did or did not do but these stats sure should open eyes of bio parents everywhere who plan to put there children in jeopardy by their actions in choice of mate. I agree women can be violent...I just have not seen that much of it personally.
I'd include risk of sex abuse in that as well. Women with kids especially need to be so careful of who they date

If DDS has immunity, why on earth isn't she speaking up? What is this strange devotion she has to TMH? What is the root of that inexplicable devotion?

This Post is for Kyron: #12,000 !

Where are you little Buddy ?

You will NEVER be forgotten !

:please::please::please: that Kyron will be found soon !

I think post 12,000 was well spent Dog.gone.cute
God Bless Kyron; forever in our hearts.

And as for TMH, forever on our watch....

Hi! I have been a "silent" reader til this point, mostly because I don't have much to say. I actually go to one of the gyms that TH went to, am friends with some of her friends, know the area that she lived in. I don't think I met her more than once at the gym; she had memberships at two gyms. It is an affluent area. I doubt that she had need to make small amounts of money making *advertiser censored*. I believe that there are pieces of information that people who are incidental to this have not shared. I believe that poor Kyron deserves better than this. I pray for resolution. I drive past the love/memory garden almost every day, and it is a sad testament that someone out there can drive past that and not want to make it right.
This is my opinion only.

Glad you finally chimed in!!

What do you mean by "I believe that there are pieces of information that people who are incidental to this have not shared"?

You can't tell us you know some of her friends, without sharing what they think happened to Kyron : )

This is my opinion only.

Thank you for joining in the conversation. We hope you will continue to offer your experiences and opinions. While not the case that brought me to WS, it is definitely the case that captured my heart. Kyron does deserve better. His family deserves answers. I pray they will come to light.

:welcome4:

I always hope when I pop in there is an update that includes either him being found or someone being held responsible for his disappearance..

Epic fail on their part, IMO. It sounds like a fancy title for an (night shift?) attendant, to me. That's a difficult population. I don't see her having the patience...I wonder who set this up for her. I mean who makes a public statement when they hire an employee?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500