Kyron Seen Near Truck? Could This Be New Info?

But teachers saw them in the classrooms...

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/details_emerge_about_the_day_k.html

Shelby said that Porter saw Kyron in her classroom with his stepmom before 8:45 a.m. and another instructor reported seeing him in another classroom at some point.

ETA: The instructor says she saw him, no mention of Terri...hmm...

Plus classmate TP saw him in the hallway at about 8:45.

Plus classmate K saw him in the gym with friends and without Terri at a time unknown.

Which means, plus those friends saw him in the gym.

Where did Desiree say 'a truck'? Are you sure this wasn't where she said "Kaine's truck"?

From the transcription supplied by a well-regarded poster:

Desiree: Well first of all, why would Kyron even be outside the school? Why would he even be near a truck with somebody else in it?

You know. I mean it's significant in a huge way to the case. If the timeline played out the way that it supposedly did? That contradicts that completely.

I take the timeline reference to mean that this was seen either well before 845, or well after 900.

I thought when she said Kyron saw it all, she meant that he wasn't grabbed and stuffed in a box or anything directly traumatic and violent -- that he was just taken somewhere. That would fit with her view that he's "stashed."

Thats how I took it too, especially with the 'Kyron was involved'. I took it as these people sort of worked with Kyron, used ruses with him, and Kyron unknowing what was really going on, went along.

However, I have to say, that based on Kaine's reaction to Desiree, and what he said, I think Desiree was experiencing wishful thinking and that she was speculating. And that's surely understandable.

From the transcription supplied by a well-regarded poster:

Desiree: Well first of all, why would Kyron even be outside the school? Why would he even be near a truck with somebody else in it?

You know. I mean it's significant in a huge way to the case. If the timeline played out the way that it supposedly did? That contradicts that completely.

I take the timeline reference to mean that this was seen either well before 845, or well after 900.

:floorlaugh:

Thank you!

(I'm gonna fire that transcriptionist. She can't remember a darn thing she transcribes herself!)

Where did Desiree say 'a truck'? Are you sure this wasn't where she said "Kaine's truck"?

"Why would he even be near a truck with somebody else in it?"

So we don't really know if she was talking about THE truck, though the context kind of implies it, or a different truck.

So we don't really know if she was talking about THE truck, though the context kind of implies it, or a different truck.

But in the Aug 11 LE/DA presser, they say, specifically, the Horman truck is what they're looking for in the staged school pics. And the context here is clearly the Horman truck.

But teachers saw them in the classrooms...

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/details_emerge_about_the_day_k.html

Shelby said that Porter saw Kyron in her classroom with his stepmom before 8:45 a.m. and another instructor reported seeing him in another classroom at some point.

ETA: The instructor says she saw him, no mention of Terri...hmm...

I don't mean they were never in classrooms, I just mean that at the time Terri waved goodbye, I don't think he was still in the school. What I think is that they visited a few classrooms; Terri took him out or sent him out, and then Terri wandered around the school a bit acting as if Kyron was around somewhere and then dramatically waved goodbye in the crowded hallway -- to nobody.

But in the Aug 11 LE/DA presser, they say, specifically, the Horman truck is what they're looking for in the staged school pics. And the context here is clearly the Horman truck.

I think she's talking about the Horman truck, too. I was just throwing it out there for those who might like to explore the possibility that she was talking about a different truck, since she didn't say "the" truck.

I think she's talking about the Horman truck, too. I was just throwing it out there for those who might like to explore the possibility that she was talking about a different truck, since she didn't say "the" truck.

When the reporter later asked about Terri's truck, Desiree was quick to make sure it was clarified it was "Kaine's truck."

A truck and Kaine's truck in the same interview is interesting.

When the reporter later asked about Terri's truck, Desiree was quick to make sure it was clarified it was "Kaine's truck."

A truck and Kaine's truck in the same interview is interesting.

I think DY clarified it initially because the reporter referred to it as "Terri's truck."

I think DY clarified it initially because the reporter referred to it as "Terri's truck."

Right. But she also said Kyron was seen near "A" truck. The clarification was only when the reporter referred to the Horman truck as Terri's. She did not clarify that the "a truck" she was first talking about was also Kaine's truck; they are two separate references.

Right. But she also said Kyron was seen near "A" truck. The clarification was only when the reporter referred to the Horman truck as Terri's. She did not clarify that the "a truck" she was first talking about was also Kaine's truck; they are two separate references.

Understood, but there was no need to clarify it in the second instance. There was in the first.

Understood, but there was no need to clarify it in the second instance. There was in the first.

.......which is why it's being discussed here. A few people want to know if Desiree let slip some information about another truck. Since she was so johnny-on-the-spot to correct reporter who referred to "Terri's truck" with a snort and "you mean KAINE'S truck......." it leaves one to wonder why this "a truck" wasn't referred to as Kaine's truck, also.

.......which is why it's being discussed here. A few people want to know if Desiree let slip some information about another truck. Since she was so johnny-on-the-spot to correct reporter who referred to "Terri's truck" with a snort and "you mean KAINE'S truck......." it leaves one to wonder why this "a truck" wasn't referred to as Kaine's truck, also.

Why would he even be near the truck? That's easy- it's his dad's and he's just arrived at school.

Why would he even be near a truck with somebody else in it? A truck with somebody (other than a family member)? The truck with somebody else in it? Somebody else in addition to the driver - if Terri was the driver?

Everybody, let's rock, er, parse!

And we know that on June 11 (?) one of the LEO said nobody saw Kyron leave the school. So this new information came only after the picture of the truck was put out on a poster. Why would someone remember something 10 weeks later- oh, yes, I remember now, I saw Kyron next to a/the truck with somebody else in it. Or, it could have been a child who really did see such a thing and did not say anything for weeks (TK, perhaps?- he "saw the truck").

From another article:

http://www.kgw.com/news/kyron-horman/2nd-person-seen-in-Terri-Hormans-truck-100301534.html

(BBM)

According to several sources in the Skyline community, including people who have spoken with investigators, the person was seen by at least two witnesses while Terri was in the school with Kyron.

So there are how many witnesses? Two that saw a man in/around the truck while Terri AND Kyron were in the school, and another who saw Kyron and the man outside in/around the truck. If there are three credible witnesses, why has no composite been released? Surely between the two witnesses who saw the man in/around the truck and the witness who saw Kyron with the man in/around the truck a composite could be released, right?

LE releases composites based on much less information. I don't understand the delay in releasing a composite. This man could potentially hold the key to everything, right? Obviously neither Terri nor Dede have Kyron, so this mystery man probably does. Isn't that a reasonable assumption if one believes the witnesses are credible and the accomplice theory is true? Why on earth isn't LE rushing to identify this man?

Can someone point me to where it was confirmed that the mystery person was a man? Last LE PC I saw, they refused to say whether it was a man or a woman, but I believe they said something that it was most likely not a child. ???

Why would he even be near the truck? That's easy- it's his dad's and he's just arrived at school.

Why would he even be near a truck with somebody else in it? A truck with somebody (other than a family member)? The truck with somebody else in it? Somebody else in addition to the driver - if Terri was the driver?

Everybody, let's rock, er, parse!

And we know that on June 11 (?) one of the LEO said nobody saw Kyron leave the school. So this new information came only after the picture of the truck was put out on a poster. Why would someone remember something 10 weeks later- oh, yes, I remember now, I saw Kyron next to a/the truck with somebody else in it. Or, it could have been a child who really did see such a thing and did not say anything for weeks (TK, perhaps?- he "saw the truck").

I'm not trying to parse; I'm trying to understand why there was such a defense against "Terri's truck" and no clarification when she said Kyron was by "a truck." It would seem in this second comment the most likely time to use "Kaine's truck." Yanno? But it wasn't; it was just "a truck" and it places into question whether Desiree let slip something which wasn't supposed to be said.

thank you beane for transcribing the interview.

Desiree does shift her eyes and turn down the corners of her mouth and look away from the reporter on a regular basis. IMO, these are her own mannerisms and are recorded as such. I take them to mean nothing and have seen her do this in many interviews. I have always assumed her eye shifts and looking around were associated with wearing contact lenses.

One of her most pronounced habits is turning down the corners of her mouth when she speaks and is done with a sentence or is thinking at a pause. I don't find this at all significant and I think it is just one of her mannerisms. I have seen her do this consistently since we first saw her and I think that particular mannerism means nothing.

if anyone wants to read something into that, then please do. OTOH,if you think they are just her facial movements when speaking, then go from there.
Up to you.

If I say "shifts gaze" I look at it as an ojective report that is open to each of our interpretation. one of you may think nothing of it, one of you may think it is meaningful;

subjectivity becomes an issue as each of us responds to the reported information.

if you would like to post what you saw in the video and your interpretation then please do so.
If you should post "shifts her eyes as if to avoid looking at the reporter because she is hiding something"that would be a narrative that is biased and misleading. if you say "shifts her eyes as though she is dreaming of Kyron and what may have happened to him" that is also a biased narrative. if you say "shifts eyes" it is objective and each of us can draw our own conclusions and post about it.

Please do not attack members on the board as it is a gross violation of TOS and it won't be tolerated.

I don't believe the reporter was referring to another random truck. I think she was asking about Kaine's truck that Terri was driving. And it sure sounded to me like DY said that they have one (or more) witnesses who saw Kyron outside at the truck with someone else inside it...and she believes those witness to be credible, while Kaine is intrigued buy these witnesses accounts, but isn't banking on them until LE says they have verified (which is why LE is looking for more witnesses who saw the truck that morning).

I keep going back and forth on whether I really believe Kyron could still be alive after all this time. I keep telling myself that KH and DY *have* to believe that because their sanity depends on it, whether it's actually a possibility or not. But I have to say...everytime I hear DY say she believes he is alive...I start to believe it myself. She just seems so sure. And I'm starting to believe that there's a concrete reason she believes it....we just don't have that piece of info yet, but she does know "something" that makes her believe it. So I am hopeful.....again.

I'm not trying to parse; I'm trying to understand why there was such a defense against "Terri's truck" and no clarification when she said Kyron was by "a truck." It would seem in this second comment the most likely time to use "Kaine's truck." Yanno? But it wasn't; it was just "a truck" and it places into question whether Desiree let slip something which wasn't supposed to be said.

I tried to answer this earlier but the thread was locked and I didn't keep my answer.

IMOO, the reason DY laughs and says "Kaine's truck" is just to get Terri's goat. It's a girl thing. She knows what will PO Terri, and she absolutely knows that Kaine's beautfiul ex making a point to change the question from "Terri's truck" to "Kaine's truck" and saying it with such derision, (as if Terri is a non-entity) will make her steam.

The way I see it is that someone saw Kyron by the white truck, Terry's truck, corrected by Desiree as Kaines truck. I took it to mean after Kyron was last seen, in the school, but not seen leaving the school, which doesn't mean he didn't leave out that back door. Why was Kyron seen at that time? Why would he be outside? I feel this is new information. I don't think it was referring to Terry and Kyron arriving at the school.IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona
Back