LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
guys.. I need to rewatch the presser.. but did the LEO say that he burned the truck, reported it stolen and bought a new one?

I think the one on the news may be the "new" one.

I want to know where exactly he worked and if it regularly took him to this area if you will.

I hope some good investigative reporters come out of the woodwork and dig into his military background as well as that arrest. If he was arrested while stationed at fort Polk but served civy time with a ten year sentence that means most likely the offense took place off post and involved civillian LE... if it were military with a ten year sentence he would have been put in leavenworth and went thru JAG/UCMJ

(yes, I am the proud wife of an active duty army officer)

Isabelle, in response to your question on the Live thread: there are 2 different White Trucks in Texas having been discussed. The previous one, we discussed around June 9. It was found in La Porte, TX. The is South East Houston, along the Gulf/Bay. It was found to be unrelated. This burned out truck is found in San Jacinto County (adjacent to Montgomery County, where he reported it stolen). That is in North East Houston.

2 different trucks.

ETA: While both places are considered the Houston area, keep in mind that Houston is HUGE. To drive between the 2 areas is 1.5-2 hours.

Thanks. So his truck is not the one that made the news; that was kept quiet??
Thought he was real slick.

Wonder if LE has witness proof that the truck was indeed set on fire by BSL? Dunno!

I'm getting flash backs to the time my son was killed in a single vehicle accident and all the lies that were told to me by LE and coroner, that I was able to verify as lies!

guys.. I need to rewatch the presser.. but did the LEO say that he burned the truck, reported it stolen and bought a new one?

I want to know where exactly he worked and if it regularly took him to this area if you will.

I hope some good investigative reporters come out of the woodwork and dig into his military background as well as that arrest. If he was arrested while stationed at fort Polk but served civy time with a ten year sentence that means most likely the offense took place off post and involved civillian LE... if it were military with a ten year sentence he would have been put in leavenworth and went thru JAG/UCMJ

Apparently he was in a new Chevy yesterday when arrested. They didn't say if he was the one that reported the other truck stolen though.

A few relatives of mine work offshore.

Their income ranges from 2500 - 5600 a month.

Easy enough to buy a truck.

http://pibillwarner.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/brandon1.jpg

According to his last check in as a RSO, on 5/28/12, he is listed as having a scar on his hand from surgery. Could be someone saw this and was hoping it was a bite mark.

Is it confirmed he had surgery. I'm gonna go waaaay out on a limb here and it will all be JMO, but is it possible someone saw the bite mark and at some point after that, he tried to disguise it (by cutting himself or something?) as a bite mark and passed it off as a surgery scar?

I'm curious what evidence they have that she's dead, considering he said they didn't have any DNA and they know he hit the bike and dumped the bike. That's great but how is that going to hold up in a court of law on a 1st degree murder charge.

Sometimes they base that on the fact that she did not return home, didn't inform anyone of her whereabouts, hasn't been seen or heard from since, no evidence of using debit cards for survival, etc. I have seen this before to determine that someone was murdered.

In this case I think there is evidence at the bridge, on the bike and in the truck. That compared with the GPS and tire tracks... The surveillance video. This would lead to the kidnapping charge.

I wonder how possible it would be to find DNA or traces of anything left in the truck. Unfortunately, I am thinking that is part of the reason he burned it :( Would a fire destroy everything?

I'm not going to rule out that his work may have taken him to the Gulf lined towns of Texas, on the coast. So maybe that put him in the general area. But being an offshoresman, it's really unlikely that his work would take him to North East Houston, to the Sam Houston National Forest area.

What really freaks me out about this is that this guy obviously has knowledge of some pretty desolate areas/areas easy to dispose of things. First the Whiskey Bay Bridge/the Atchafalaya Swamp. Now the woodsy and sparsley populated Sam Houston National Forest area.

I really doubt Mickey was the only one. However, that being said, she may be...his truck didn't get burned and abandoned until now, afterall.

So this was a crime of opportunity and more than likely he was on the prowl again.

He possibly has escalated rape to include murder.

He stole the white truck he used in the crime? Is that correct?

Or was it his and he reported it stolen?

Then later burned it in Texas and got a ride home potentially?

He was trying to buy a vehicle and had tried to white out his RSO status.

He was working offshore for the last 2 weeks.

Mickey's bike appeared to have been hit causing the damage.

LE seems to be able to place his whereabouts at the bridge at a possible time of the bike dump and in Lafayette around the time Mickey disappeared.

Do I have this somewhat right?

I wonder if filed an insurance claim on the burned out/reported stolen truck and that is how he was able to afford a new one?

I wonder if he gave his real name when he reported it stolen? Why would he buy the same truck in silver? He didn't seem too bright if you ask me. I think he became real nervous after his truck was caught on video which caused an obvious trail of events leading up to his arrest. He was going to be caught it was just a matter of time.

So this was a crime of opportunity and more than likely he was on the prowl again.

LE seems to be able to place his whereabouts at the bridge at a possible time of the bike dump and in Lafayette around the time Mickey disappeared.

bbm: I am not sure if he reported it stolen (this is what I think) or he stole it... I am thinking the former..

((it is like 100 degrees inside my house right now with no ac and my brain is slightly fried like an egg))

On June 14, police were tipped off about a white truck possibly involved in Mickey Shunick's disappearance. Police say Lavergne's truck, a white Chevy pickup truck, was found burned in San Jacinto County, TX. It was reported stolen in Montgomery County, TX, but the chief wouldn't say whether Lavergne was the person who reported it stolen. Since early in the investigation, detectives have been looking for a person of interest and a white pickup seen on video surveillance in the same area where Shunick was last seen on her bicycle. The truck was seen traveling directly behind her and Lavergne was identified as the driver, said Craft. When Lavergne was arrested yesterday, he was in a new, white Chevy pickup truck. "We continue today with our efforts to locate and bring Mickey home," he said.

http://www.katc.com/full-coverage/searching-for-mickey-shunick/

BBM... they arent even saying it was a Z-71 ... just that it was a white chevy...

The two I bolded don't ring 100% true based on what I just heard in that presser. #1, I didn't hear addressed at all (but I could have been typing) and #2, I didn't hear that him altering his license had to do with buying a vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500