LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
-Chief Craft confirmed a truck registered to Brandon Lavergne was found burned in Texas. That truck also matches the pics of the white truck seen in the same area as Mickey the night she disappeared. Police say Lavergne bought a new truck just like the one seen in the pics days later.

https://www.facebook.com/KLFYTV10

If he burned the truck I am sure something happened inside of it to make him do that...

fire and water are the two elements that are great at destroying evidence...

I can see why he would buy an exact replica of the truck because it is listed on his RSO status..

if he indeed reported it stolen I would LOVE to see that police report (like where did he report it stolen from, etc etc etc)

So, did BSL actually report his truck stolen to LE? I had thought he told the car dealership woman that it was stolen and she recognized him, his story and his whited out RSO license to be suspicious and she called LE on him.
I am not sure BSL called and reported his DWT stolen. Anyone know for sure?
I'd like to see that police report if there was one.

Aren't 4 door Z71s like $50,000 trucks? And this tier 3 RSO scum bag has owned two of them in the past two years while tons of Americans who have never hurt a fly but are unemployed or victims of the bad national economy are losing their homes and driving around in clunkers? UGH!!!

(And again- here I've been giving the stink eye to every four door white Z71 around the area and purposely ignoring the silver Z71s and he got a silver Z71 after the 6/14 truck burning. He could have driven right next to me & I never would have given him the stink eye like I did to all those innocent drivers of the white 4 door Z71s)

No way! We got one a few weeks ago during some big promotion GM was having... Sticker was in the upper-mid 30's we got it in the upper $20's. Z-71, not fully loaded, but well equipped. It's possible that he took advantage of the same sale. The promotion lasted a month I think.

You're right. It does. Through some pretty rural areas. Great catch! Not so great about finding Mickey along that 4.5 hour route though.

Let's hope LE has more info on where she could be than they divulged, just like they've had this in the works unbeknownst to us.

bbm: I am not sure if he reported it stolen (this is what I think) or he stole it... I am thinking the former..

((it is like 100 degrees inside my house right now with no ac and my brain is slightly fried like an egg))

Oh mannnnnn I feel ya on the ac. Ours went out in the middle of Aug a few years back. We got a wall unit, our animals were panting including the birds.

I know most up your way don't even have AC. Stick a wet towel in the freezer lol

Sorry for the ot l

So this was a crime of opportunity and more than likely he was on the prowl again.

He possibly has escalated rape to include murder.

He stole the white truck he used in the crime? Is that correct?

Or was it his and he reported it stolen?

Then later burned it in Texas and got a ride home potentially?

He was trying to buy a vehicle and had tried to white out his RSO status.

He was working offshore for the last 2 weeks.

Mickey's bike appeared to have been hit causing the damage.

LE seems to be able to place his whereabouts at the bridge at a possible time of the bike dump and in Lafayette around the time Mickey disappeared.

Do I have this somewhat right?

No, he did not steal the truck that he was in when he committed the crime. It was his truck. He later reported it stolen in Montgomery, TX. It was later discovered burned in a wooded area in San Jacinto County. He then purchased another WHITE (i believe) Chevy Silverado Z-71. Which is the vehicle he was driving when arrested yesterday. Is this correct???

The two I bolded don't ring 100% true based on what I just heard in that presser. #1, I didn't hear addressed at all (but I could have been typing) and #2, I didn't hear that him altering his license had to do with buying a vehicle.
The DWT was reported stolen from him by someone.
The poster here earlier today stated that BSL's DL had white-out on it when his friend at the dealership told the poster about the customer.

wonder if he transported the body and put it in the lake?

Well, we don't know for sure if Mickey died, even if that is the most logical conclusion, given his silence.

And how can they find out the truth? Probably interrogate the girlfriend and him against each other.

For example, there have been cases where victims have been left alive at locations by the perp. to access in the future. One example I can think of immediately is victims being left chained or tied to trees in a remote area.

So, maybe LE got him before she succombed.

LE is probably crawling all over any possible areas she could possibly be, to try and find her alive.

A few relatives of mine work offshore.

Their income ranges from 2500 - 5600 a month.

Easy enough to buy a truck.

I think you are being too conservative with the salary ranges, plus these guys often earn bonuses which are a percentage of the job ticket.

If the truck did have GPS, then I wonder if they have searched areas where the GPS shows the perp stopping during that night and beyond. Sadly, though, I would assume the perp committed his crime that first night and put Mickey somewhere.

Do those trucks have OnStar?

I got the impression from the presser that LE has reviewed several videos of the area around UL's campus & where students live (for example, isn't Bertrand lined with student housing-not UL housing, but luxury student apartments, at one part - and we know they took video from the Daily Advertiser on Bertrand yesterday showing 5/19 early am hours) of BSL cruising around looking for a victim.
Unfortunately for Mickey, he found her and took her from somewhere near Blackham Coliseum, which makes sense. Basically nothing but fields out there. Also near sorority houses (which the girls don't live in at UL, but still a good place to cruise for victims) and frat houses where girls may be leaving from visiting boyfriends, etc (even when school is out I think some of the guys still live there). The greek housing is far enough away where concieveably no one would hear anything or see anything out in the fields along Coliseum Rd. by the coliseum itself.

I work at UL and it breaks my heart that Mickey was essentially kidnapped a few feet from campus/UL property. She probably felt so safe and comfortable there. I can totally understand why she'd take St. Landry to Coliseum Rd. - less chance of being hit by a car or drunk driver on a populated street and she could have met up with the UL bike path not too far away. Heck, the desolation of Coliseum Rd. creeps me out even in daytime but I might choose it over trying to compete to share the roads with drivers at 2am who might be drunk (or drivers at any time).

The more I think about it the truck was his.

Evidence was in that truck, he knew it, drove it to Texas, burned it and reported it stolen.

Tried to buy a new truck, got busted.

I wonder as well if he tried an insurance claim. Good thinking Nurse.

I am confident it is the right person...just hope they have all they need by trial time...

Imo, he will file for a speedy trial, but there should be a quantity of forensics from the burnt DWT, if it was extinguished in a timely manner.
There is also a treasure trove of circumstantial evidence; WB tire tracks, gps info, security video, bite marks.

It would be reasonable to conclude that the gps info from the truck in conjunction with a geographical profile prepared by the FBI BAU2, will narrow down the probable location of her remains.

Sadistical psychopathic sexual predator Brandon Lavergne is displaying all the characteristicts of an evil and experienced serial killer that has been active for years or decades, imo. "Obviously, no stranger to the game"..
"Game over BSL"..

Maybe Mickey died after being struck by his truck?

Just speculation, could warrant the murder charge, but I haven't seen the video of the truck striking her. Was there evidence at that scene?

Sorry, I am trying to back track answers that might not even be answers at this point.

I'm not going to rule out that his work may have taken him to the Gulf lined towns of Texas, on the coast. So maybe that put him in the general area. But being an offshoresman, it's really unlikely that his work would take him to North East Houston, to the Sam Houston National Forest area.

What really freaks me out about this is that this guy obviously has knowledge of some pretty desolate areas/areas easy to dispose of things. First the Whiskey Bay Bridge/the Atchafalaya Swamp. Now the woodsy and sparsley populated Sam Houston National Forest area.

I really doubt Mickey was the only one. However, that being said, she may be...his truck didn't get burned and abandoned until now, afterall.

Everyone between Lake Charles and New Orleans knows about Whiskey Bay.

The Houston thing throws me off though.

Here's the deal... MS was picked up, then the guy probably headed to I10. They believe the bike was left in the bay the same night, so it is very possible that he comited the entirety of his crime at whiskey bay. He possibly took the backroad north from whiskey bay through desolate swampland to get to 190, and went to his house. There, who knwos hwat he did... but as someone pointed out, 190 goes straight to where the burned truck was found in Texas, so he might have freaked out and drove straight to Texas until he found some spot he could burn his truck. He was stationed at Fort Polk, thats right on the border of Texas, so it would not shock me in the least if he knew a little bit about the area.

The DWT was reported stolen from him by someone.
The poster here earlier today stated that BSL's DL had white-out on it when his friend at the dealership told the poster about the customer.

Most states make RSO list this on their DL...I bet (MOO) that this is what was whited out. God Bless that tipster!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500