LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkg005
J.just curious do you have inside information? Please indicate the information to knowledge of the following:

1. We know he did not hit Mickey - I don't recall recall any confirmation of this
2. Or have Mickey in the truck in these pictures - same here I don't recall any confirmation of this
3. Mickey is not under the truck - I know A.C.I. was told she was not under the truck (do you know if the person that relayed that answer was telling the truth?). I believe that is what A.C.I. was told but ???
4. Her bike is not under the truck (to my knowledge this has never been answered)

Thanks" quote

Quote:
Originally posted by Danzn16
I never said he did not hit Mickey. We know for a fact that he did hit Mickey. We do know however that he did not hit Mickey IN FRONT OF THE CIRCLE K IN THE PICTURES THAT WERE RELEASED. That's were all the confusion stems from. LE released that Mickey's hit and kidnapping happened between St Landry and St Mary intersection and Blackham Coliseum. That was well down below the Circle K. Therefore she nor her bike can not be under the truck in those pictures that were released. Also LE has multiple pics of the truck cruising around town looking for a victim, which is why they have multiple pics of the DWT. I believe the only picture they have of Mickey and bike in his truck is the one they got just recently from the Advertiser when he was on Bertrand drive when he was making his exit out of town, which was probably more evidence that led to him being arrested since that was handed over on the day of his arrest.

And no I do not have inside information. I have just been following the case from day one and I have listened to what LE have released. And I do not believe LE would ever release a picture of Mickey getting ran over, and that is re-enforced by them saying seeing was kidnapped from an entirely different location." quote

Not picking on you Danz16... I am 100% for people to post their opinions but please state it as that. Or please back up your statements as facts with a link or a quote. Newer members or those that don't go back to check fact may see your post as fact when it is not.

It is your opinion she was not hit in front of the Circle K, it is not a fact. Nowhere and in no link has it ever been stated as a fact. In the press conference the Chief gave a range of where this may have happened and he never said the word intersection at any point. It is not a fact that there are multiple pics of BSL riding around in his truck.

Most of us have been following the case from day one. The fact is, none of us know where Mickey is, we do not know where BSL grabbed her...we know approximately where. We all have opinions on how and where this happened but no one knows this as fact.

No one is able to discount or prove any theory based on what LE has or will release. Their objective is not to us but to Mickey.

It is very important that opinions are stated as so.

-------
One of our members here in this case, said she/he saw buzzards circling over a wooded area and asked if that was something to consider.

I posted an opinion to the effect of: In the Gary Hilton murder cases, I saw a video, where one of the victims was found because of buzzards circling overhead. My bold below on the article.

http://www.wctv.tv/home/headlines/J...ael_Hilton_Case_Begins_Monday_114908669.html:

UPDATE 2-4 9:45pm by Amy Long

Ronnie Rentz was called to the stand Friday afternoon to testify on what he found during one of his hunting trips. He says he was at his usual location where he released his hunting dogs when he saw buzzards. "I could just see, down to the waist and as I got closer I bent over and looked and could see the legs and the feet of a body." Rentz has hunted in the Apalachicola National Forest for years now and says he's never seen anything like what he came across December 15th, 2007 when he found Cheryl Dunlap's body

RE: I posted an opinion to the effect of: In the Gary Hilton murder cases, I saw a video, where one of the victims was found because of buzzards circling overhead.

Cheryl Hodges Dunlap; FSU nurse-Appalachicola National Forest, FL. abducted 12,01, 2007, would have been located if the buzzard sighting had been followed up on by the FS Employee. She was located days later by a hunter with hunting dogs in the same location ....

http://www.tallahassee.com/article/...stigators-efforts-find-Cheryl-Dunlap-s-killer

But Dunlap’s body was found Dec. 15, 2007 partially covered with palmetto leaves and branches by hunters in the Apalachicola National Forest. They had noticed buzzards after turning onto Forest Service Road 381-E. A report from a U.S. Forest Service employee indicates buzzards were seen flying low over the forest as early as Dec. 7.

The article says dogs searched but it doesn't specifically say cadaver dogs.

Well, I really hope cadaver dogs will be brought in if they weren't already.

Considering he went out of his way to dump the bike, and burn his truck, I really don;t think he would have kept her body around his own home either. He dumped the bike East-his truck West-maybe Mickey is North/South of his residence. I am sure they will be able to get GPS info from his phone to track where he had been in the last two months. Anyone know whom his girlfriend is? Wondering if she posted anything on her facebook as to "waiting for my love to get home" or something like that. I have a person I found that may be connected to him, but not sure if things fit.

I agree that Mickey is probably not near his home, although I would like the buzzard pasture checked again just in case.

We can't sleuth his girlfriend or anyone else in his family. It's against TOS.

I hate to bring this up but in reference to that business fire... he could have wanted the woodworking tool to do something heinous like dismemberment. The pressure washer would have been to clean up and if he did it inside his truck (like that guy did from megan wants a millionaire) he may have wanted the insides of the yukon to cover up the mess in his truck while he drove it to texas. Sorry I hate to bring that up but this guy obviously is good at covering up evidence.

Maybe she was placed in the fields there initially, then moved.

The perp. would have wanted a place to just distance and remove the victim from themselves while they decided what to do.

The perp. would need to sleep.

So maybe she was left in the fields for a time, then the buzzards started up, and it was more than the average gathering of buzzards and neighbors might notice, so next phase.

Bringing this over from the last thread:

I think the cemetery angle could be very important (given what locals have said about BSL digging up old cemetery plots & for example, DTL's known fondness of watching women at cemeteries & even abducting one victim while she was visiting her mom's grave in Scott).

Maybe not THAT cemetery by the Saints Streets (I'm just assuming it was searched & I think it is frequented by a lot of people who would have noticed something), but maybe rural ones around Church Point....

goodness gracious. i can't keep up. i hate to be annoying, but where did this graveyard info come from? i heard liked to dig up skulls, but he watched women mourn at their loved ones' graves? he assaulted a woman there too?? please elaborate or tell me where this info is

This also makes me think he has a secret place where he might bring his victims.

She would have passed the cemetery if she'd stayed on Parkside but she went down Versailles to St. John which means she was on the other side of the property and not right in front of the cemetery. You can seee this if you press the satelllite view on your map. The pictures of Mickey on Versailles are the first we see of her that night.

In my situation there was no special place. It was all convenience. I think they get smug in that it won't be tied to them, and it most cases it isn't, so it can be wherever is on the way home or to work.

A lot of killers dump bodies close to their homes and it isn't to watch them or get a thrill from it, it's because it was convenient. Almost all ties to the victim is gone once the act is over. Then they are nothing but a piece of trash they need to discard. I mean that literally as in like a candy wrapper they throw out the window.

Again, that's in my situation. I know there are others that do have post attachments to the victims.

Well, I really hope cadaver dogs will be brought in if they weren't already.

Due to BSL's calculating attempts to destroy incriminating evidence. It would not be unreasonable to conclude that he also relocated her remains to another less incriminating area.

b
I agree that Mickey is probably not near his home, although I would like the buzzard pasture checked again just in case.b

We can't sleuth his girlfriend or anyone else in his family. It's against TOS.

I too would like to see it checked again. Even if Mickey was not dumped there, and I seriously doubt that she was, God only knows what else or who else he may have dumped back there. I think at this point we would largely agree he is capable of most anything. JMO

do we know where the Acadia Parish bones that he was connected to but not able to be charged with were found? if those bones belonged to one of his victims, then their location would tell us where he put that victim's body

goodness gracious. i can't keep up. i hate to be annoying, but where did this graveyard info come from? i heard liked to dig up skulls, but he watched women mourn at their loved ones' graves? he assaulted a woman there too?? please elaborate or tell me where this info is

No- DTL (Derek Todd Lee) watched women at cemeteries and abducted Trinesha Dene Colomb from her mother's grave in Scott, not BSL. Just trying to think of if perhaps sick minds think alike and BSL may have put Mickey by a cemetery he used to like to frequent.

No, OP was making a hypothetical connection between Brandon Scott Lavergne and Derrick Todd Lee. DTL is the one that assaulted a woman in a graveyard. Whether or not BSL has stalked/assaulted in graveyards has not been said - merely a possibility.

DTL = Derrick Todd Lee, a serial killer. Not BSL.

do we know where the Acadia Parish bones that he was connected to but not able to be charged with were found? if those bones belonged to one of his victims, then their location would tell us where he put that victim's body

I thought someone had posted on WS yesterday that he was suspected in a house fire in Branch where two women were found dead in the house & were thought to have been dead prior to the fire...

Is there another possible BSL victim whose bones were recovered somewhere?

Maybe she was placed in the fields there initially, then moved.

The perp. would have wanted a place to just distance and remove the victim from themselves while they decided what to do.

The perp. would need to sleep.

So maybe she was left in the fields for a time, then the buzzards started up, and it was more than the average gathering of buzzards and neighbors might notice, so next phase.

That goes along with my theory that the robbery had to do with hiding the body. It happened around the time the buzzards were seen.

RE: but he watched women mourn at their loved ones' graves? he assaulted a woman there too?? please elaborate or tell me where this info is

Serial Killer Dexter Todd Lee, not Brandon Scott Lavergne..

Bsl was rumored to have dug up old bones and skulls. Dtl was the SK That observed many victims either mourning in the cemetery (spelling?) or he would watch his victims from there into their homes. There was a specific one in the Zachary area.

Not related but bsl has already mimicked dtl in his whiskey bay drop. Jmo.

Thank you. There is a large wooded area behind his house. It would be possible to hide or bury a body in this area. I hope cadaver dogs or TES or K-9s will search this area. With the neighbor describing the buzzard activity as "unusual", it just needs to be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saky