LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
0.50 miles East of the Church's location point on Google Earth. On the Southside of the Highway.

I've stayed away for a couple of days because I've just not had the heart to be here, and then I pop in and find this. Pardon me while I go have a good cry. :( So many prayers going out to the Shunick family right now.

Even if these mounds do not turn out to be graves, props to the farmer who called them in to LE to investigate.

if only accessible by ATV. did BSL have a 4 wheeler? now i'm thinking it's a false alarm

i guess he could have parked and walked?

Did they say they brought in CSI for the third, or were they already there for the other two?

Sheriff Guidroz said they brought in the CS to investigate the 3rd, and they'll know more about it in two hours. I personally took away that after ruling out the first two, they probably got a hit from the cadaver dogs, and brought in the CS to investigate that specific one. However, it could have been meant either way, but the CS team was not shown in any of KLFY's initial pics on the scene, which makes me lean more that direction based on the phrasing the Sheriff used.

I'm confused, were 2 suspected sites found in the same general area?

ETA: Never mind, they were, just read it on KATC's FB.

It sounds like a farmer found 3 mounds of disturbed ground in a remote area of his property and called LE to check them out.

Here's a thought...even if BSL did own an ATV how would one travel down the road on a 4-wheeler with a body without being noticed? I guess he could have taken his truck with a 4-wheeler...or just thrown Mickey over shoulder IF this indeed a grave site. I guess it would not be hard considering her size but MOO. Food for thought. I just hope the Schunick's have closure and everyone else.

Dustibug! Lol. We keep posting all the same things!

I have been glued to my tv (flipping between KATC & KLFY) and facebook with a sick feeling in my stomach. It's a comfort being "here" with all the caring people here on WS.
Having to leave for appt shortly. :seeya:

In cases like this, I sometimes wish we still used Old Sparky...for several years now, in Louisiana, lethal injection is used. It's much more comfortable for the convicted killer, after all. (insert sarcastic face)
Prayers for Mickey's family and friends this morning...it's been Hell. Waiting on some kind of confirmation re: the latest news of the shallow grave.

"Perspective"..

http://peace4missing.ning.com/forum/topics/body-watch-how-do-you-cope

"Body Watch" how do you cope?

"Body watch" is it a taboo subject? Almost all families of the missing go through it. I did. And, now I sit this watch with other families of the missing. But why does it seem to be so hush-hush?

Some families I know don't want to know when body watch is taking place and that is their prerogative so we don't hear from them too much. Others very much want to be a part of it and that is also their prerogative yet they don't seem to talk about what they went through on body watch.

Many aspects of what the families of the missing face are rarely discussed in public, but body watch seems to be the least talked about even though it is what is on the minds of all families every time a body or bones are found anywhere.

Body watch to me is Purgatory. How many people have had to search for a loved one, hoping they are alive but knowing they have to search for bones too? Bones are found and then you have to bounce between wanting your answer and not wanting your answer all in the same breath...Purgatory.

Here's a thought...even if BSL did own an ATV how would one travel down the road on a 4-wheeler with a body without being noticed? I guess he could have taken his truck with a 4-wheeler...or just thrown Mickey over shoulder IF this indeed a grave site. I guess it would not be hard considering her size but MOO. Food for thought. I just hope the Schunick's have closure and everyone else.

Or could he have had help? I think he carried out the crime himself but may have confided in someone to help him clean up/ cover up. JMO

Shades of when Morgan Harrington was found in a remote area of a farm....it's all coming back to me. :(

Or could he have had help? I think he carried out the crime himself but may have confided in someone to help him clean up/ cover up. JMO

I'd like to believe that he did all of this himself. I don't wan to believe that there is some other evil person that participated in this. One evil person is plenty enough for me. Hope I don't sound too snarky. not snarky to YOU, just snarky at these awful predators.

I just thought about it and have come to this possibility if indeed one of the mounds is a grave site that BSL could have very well tried digging just one grave but hit hard ground in the other 2 spots. Maybe the 3rd was in a spot that had soft ground.

I will be surprised if he actually dug a grave.....seems like a lot of work.

I never knew Mickey or her family, but she has touched my heart and so many other people's hearts to the extent that she feels like part of my extended family. Last night FWIW I woke several times during the severe thunderstorm, then finally woke up out of a strong dream. I know this sounds flaky but I saw her sitting smiling on a graveyard surrounded by family of all ages - there was a baby, some children and various generations of people around her. It was very beautiful. Then I switched on to this morning's news and it definitely struck a chord for me. I am still praying that this is NOT her grave and that she is alive somewhere. Much love and prayers for Mickey and her family. :please: We love you. :heartbeat:

St. Landry Sheriff Bobby Guidroz live on TV-10: "We should know something for sure in two hours"

KLFY 10 Acadiana's Multimedia Station

St. Landry Sheriff Bobby Guidroz on TV-10 live right now. He says a farmer called in a tip.

St. Landry Sheriff Bobby Guidroz: Three possible grave sites, ruled out two sites. There is a third site under investigation.

Also, live on KATC Guidroz said they are having to get to site with 4-wheelers.

Has anyone heard if a 4 wheeler was found on his property or in any of the pictures? I guess he could have borrowed one easily enough though.

Everything he's alleged to have done seems like a lot of work though doesn't it? I mean, who wants to drive all the way to Texas to burn a truck, rent a rental car, come back to Louisiana to buy a new truck, lie to a everyone around... and on and on... This guy sure isn't winning any awards for being the brightest bulb in the box that's for sure... (If he is guilty.)

But I'm with you Amster. I guess I have such a disdain for this alleged murderer that everything he does seems half way done. (Though a lot of work.) Even the bike, he didn't put all the way in the water and that's how it was found. His truck on video.... etc...

At the same time, I'm glad he's sloppy so he could be caught! And I truly pray for the Shunicks.

i thought this too at first, BUT the land near rice farms is probably easy to dig. the soil is tilled yearly and then flooded for a consistent 2 inches of water to stay atop the rice seed. I THINK planting takes place in late May. I'm not sure however if these graves or in the actual crops or just near. i would think that they are near because with the two inch water on top, i don't see how it would be noticeable, ya know.

this is a rice field. the boat is crawfishing in the field
http://www.insectimages.org/images/768x512/5410626.jpg

...I am still praying that this is NOT her grave and that she is alive somewhere. Much love and prayers for Mickey and her family. :please: We love you. :heartbeat:

Me too, mamacat, me too. Prayers for Mickey and her Family :candle:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member