LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
John Gardner buried his two (known) victims; Amber DuBois was buried well and probably would not have been found if he had not given in, and Chelsea buried not so well, but still, buried.

If they do find Mickey there... This makes me think that he kidnapped her, went to Whiskey Bay and dropped off her bike, then took her home to kill her, and then buried the body. I have listened to so many locals thinking she would never be found though because they all thought he put her in the bay with the bike. If this is possibly her, this makes the entire scenario go back up in the air for me.

Very close to his house....thanks!

I know google maps shows St. Anne Church being on the cornder of Jessie B drive but it isn't. It's very close but you have to head east down 190, past cravins. If you want to see the exact location go to google maps and look up St. Anne Circle Drive, Lawtell, LA.

If they do find Mickey there... This makes me think that he kidnapped her, went to Whiskey Bay and dropped off her bike, then took her home to kill her, and then buried the body. I have listened to so many locals thinking she would never be found though because they all thought he put her in the bay with the bike. If this is possibly her, this makes the entire scenario go back up in the air for me.

I was kind of thinking the opposite, that the bike is the last thing he dealt with; he went back to his house after burying Mickey (assuming she is there) and there was the bike, and he knew it had to go.

Shades of when Morgan Harrington was found in a remote area of a farm....it's all coming back to me. :(

My thoughts as well. Exactly.

Of all the high-profile missing young women's cases I've followed in the past few years (I became interested in true crime/missing persons in 2008 when Caylee went "missing"), Mickey & Morgan's cases have a lot of similarities. (Please note I am not suggesting BSL has anything to do with Morgan's murder)

I will be surprised if he actually dug a grave.....seems like a lot of work.

I first thought that way but I can see him thinking that leaving a live victim got him 8 years so this time he would make sure that the victim was dead and buried. If this is her and she's buried so close to his home that sort of fits in with the half azz way he went about it all from getting caught on video to not even submerging the bike.

I still can't help but feel that he would have taken an easier way out and dumped her in water somewhere though.

I know google maps shows St. Anne Church being on the cornder of Jessie B drive but it isn't. It's very close but you have to head east down 190, past cravins. If you want to see the exact location go to google maps and look up St. Anne Circle Drive, Lawtell, LA.

Here are the coordinates for google maps: 30.514228,-92.23928 Go to streetview and then turn around. You'll see the pinkish church in the back.

http://www.waymarking.com/waymarks/WM7DQZ_St_Ann_Catholic_Church_Mallet_LA Photos of church.

I still can't help but feel that he would have taken an easier way out and dumped her in water somewhere though.

Respectfully snipped by me.
Nothing about his known actions so far seem "easy" though. Driving to WB to dump the bike, driving to Texas to burn the truck, file a police report, make an insurance claim, and have to get back to Lafayette- that all sounds like some major pains in the butt. He seems to go through a lot of trouble thinking it won't get him caught- and then it draws attention and does just the opposite.

I hope that if this is Mickey, she was killed near where he abducted her. I hate to think of her being restrained in his truck for the entire drive back to his house. That had to be the scariest half hour or so of her life if she was. It terrifies me just thinking about it. Not to mention what he did to her when he got her home. I hope it all happened near where he got her into his truck and happened quickly.

I cannot imagine what Mickey's family has to go through every time a body is found or evidence of a possible body. Must be absolutely heartwrenching. Like I stated earlier, I dont like the anger I am feeling towards BSL for taking this daughter, sister, friend. Hang on Mickey...you are in our hearts and we will bring you home one way or another...

Everything he's alleged to have done seems like a lot of work though doesn't it? I mean, who wants to drive all the way to Texas to burn a truck, rent a rental car, come back to Louisiana to buy a new truck, lie to a everyone around... and on and on... This guy sure isn't winning any awards for being the brightest bulb in the box that's for sure... (If he is guilty.)

But I'm with you Amster. I guess I have such a disdain for this alleged murderer that everything he does seems half way done. (Though a lot of work.) Even the bike, he didn't put all the way in the water and that's how it was found. His truck on video.... etc...

At the same time, I'm glad he's sloppy so he could be caught! And I truly pray for the Shunicks.

lovelylynno, imo BSL seems to be fighting a battle of evil vs good...
For every attempt he makes at concealing his evil deeds, his moves are countered by an act of good by his victim/s.
Many times this back & forth will give the appearance of a low wattage bulb of the predator.
The victims want the truth to be revealed and will speak to those that will simply listen.

Good triumphs over evil in the end...jmho

From KLFY's FB Sheriff Guidroz: The investigation into the possible grave sites is over. Nothing was found.

I don't know if I should feel relieved or disappointed. :sigh:

From KLFY's FB Sheriff Guidroz: The investigation into the possible grave sites is over. Nothing was found.

Well at least we know that they are taking leads seriously and checking into possible sites- Now if they can just find Mickey PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

This case is such an emotional rollercoaster.
:rollercoaster:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member