LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok. i'm stilllll catching up, so forgive me is someone already posted this, but one may wait HOURS in the NOLA ER, and the police definitely didn't get there right away. i promise you that, especially on a hot weekend. so we need to figure out exactly when he arrived at Ochsner. this can help us figure out how far out he could have possibly gone to hide her. we now KNOW that he didn't hide her in that Texas forest! that is good news!

what about cameras at the hospital parking garage? surely she wasn't still in there, but maybe a pic got the condition of the inside of his truck?? a stretch??

Certainly there are cameras all over Ochsner including the parking lot. I worked there in the 80's and they had them then.

It is very inspiring to know that the persistence and involvement by the community & LE, to locate and bring Mickey Schunick home, is still present after almost two months..

A question that has to be asked is, 'why would Brandon Scott Lavergne, relocate and destroy other incriminating evidence(DWT), in Texas, while leaving the incriminating evidence of her remains behind to be found'?

This thread is enormous and I have ten pages of reading to get to before I'm caught up. I'm sure the conversation has moved on, but I think part of his motivation in taking the truck to Texas was to cause it to appear as if it had been stolen. So, I think it could be possible that Mickey is near his home. I'm sure that setting the truck on fire was intended to cover any possible evidence but taking it so far away was probably an attempt to validate his story of it having been stolen.

A person like this is more likely to dump a body somewhere that means something to them; somewhere familiar.

Ted Bundy did it at Issoquah and Gary Ridgway at the Green River.

as per the keloid scar instead of suture lines......i know a lot of the times if a wound is not sutured shortly after it happens, sometimes it becomes too swollen to stitch up. so if he waited a while to go to the hospital, say he had to go home and shower himself and get a somewhat clean set of clothes first, the wound may have been too swollen to do anything but clean it.

Hmmm... he didn't have a stab wound he had several at least 4.
He was stabbed several times in the chest, back, neck, and hand.

http://www.katc.com/news/lavergne-questioned-in-jefferson-parish-may-19th/

I'm gonna venture a guess the "wounds" were NOT FRESH! This is why he was not sutured.
"Do not suture old wounds greater then (8 - 12 hours old)

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...ponBBA&usg=AFQjCNH0lQUU0WthnB3YGzIaqorDrThZJQ
IMO that answers that question... his wounds were closer to 12+ hours old than 8. I bet he was stabbed shortly after he "allegedly" grabbed Mickey

His "wounds" were not life threatening... BUT HE WAS THE VICTIM!!! ~ typical! He abducts and kills a girl (who knows what else!) and he needs medical attn! :banghead:

Haven't seen the answer to this yet, but I'm still a few pages back, so excuse any repetition:

Does anyone know when the RSO label on La. driver's licenses was implemented?

Just wondering, supposedly his wallet was stolen with his license in it on May 19. when he went to the auto dealership, did he shown the old license or a duplicate newer one? I thought i saw on a post that a copy of his license was made at that time. I'm not sure if anyone asked this already so please forgive me it has been asked.

This is my 2 cents. :twocents:

My heart is so heavy as I feel for the mothers.
As mothers we pray for guidance while our children are under our wings; we want them to take the right paths in life. We love them enough, despite our heavy hearts, to let them move on and become independent. As our children fly the coop we never know what they'll do. We may hate their actions, but still love them as our children.

Yes, there are two families hurting. Not only the Shunick family but also the Lavergne family. I can't imagine what both families are going through but I want them to know that my prayers are with them. May Mickey come home soon.

God Bless Mickey :angel: and her family as well as the Lavergne family.

I have thought of this often...even before this case and I've wondered which would be worse...to be the mother of the victim, or the mother of the murderer.

Haven't seen the answer to this yet, but I'm still a few pages back, so excuse any repetition:

Does anyone know when the RSO label on La. driver's licenses was implemented?

November 07?
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55606"]Law Requires IDing Sex Offenders On Drivers License - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

They have to renew in person on a yearly basis, every 6 months if victim was a minor...

"Any person convicted of a sexual offense against a victim who is a minor as defined in R.S. 15:541 shall renew and update his registration required by R.S. 15:542 in person every six months from the date of initial registration."
"Any other person subject to registration as provided in R.S. 15:542 shall update his registration in person annually from the date of initial registration."
http://www.lsp.org/socpr/registration.html

Just wondering, supposedly his wallet was stolen with his license in it on May 19. when he went to the auto dealership, did he shown the old license or a duplicate newer one? I thought i saw on a post that a copy of his license was made at that time. I'm not sure if anyone asked this already so please forgive me it has been asked.

A couple of us were wondering this a few pages back. I'd love to know the issue date of his license.

I think it just shows that BSL is extremely charming and manipulative

SHANN76, sorry I grabbe:banghead:d your quote, it was Billiam I was trying to grab. I guess I thougth if I grabbed yours, his quote would be in it! LOL

Thanks. what exactly are we looking for?

That map did not translate well. Did you see the photo I posted?

ETA: The water on the right would have been my perspective driving west. The police were stopped at various points within the 10 miles. I can't recall the exact locations to pinpoint in order for it to be accurate.

I was referring to the #24 he reported as being on the jersey... Not the fact that he said his attacker wore a Saints jersey...If he was smart he'd have said #9 or some # that was well known! IMO...

Yeah I gotcha. I was just saying that the other person on FB wearing a Saints jersey was likely not related to this, b/c everyone wears them.

On June 4, Lavergne bought the same type of truck, a white Z71, from Don’s Wholesale on Johnston Street in Lafayette.

“He did buy it from me. I was the sales lady,” Amy Phillips with Don’s Wholesale said today.

http://www.theadvertiser.com/articl...sey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE&nclick_check=1

"Calculating, Creative, and Deflective, this pattern of traits has been utilized by many psychopathic sexual predators prior"..

It is difficult to hide behind the mask of normalcy with a competent investigation by competent investigators, the valuable tool of the American public, forensics, codis, namus, and awareness due to communications of the media & the internet..

Although I am saddened by the probability of Mickey Schunick's fate. I am very inspired by the participation & sharing of information by the LA community & beyond to seek Justice in her honor.. Hopefully the tremendous awareness show of support in her search & investigation will be a deterrent to the next predator in the future...

I agree that Mickey would not be likely to left near the truck in TX, since he reported it stolen later than 5/19, and the "thief" could not have taken Mickey. Having her found near the truck site would only implicate him IMO.

Well, if he nearly got his finger cut off then there ARE going to be medical records. Regardless of "how" it happened there won't be any question as to when it happened. Sure sounds like he may have been hospitalized for a few days.
If he was in an ER or a hospital room the night Mickey disappeared then he wasn't in his truck.

That also makes the sense that reporters were questioning as to whether he had been bitten on the hand. There was an injury after all.

AND why LE had "no comment". Might even explain the new mug shot as well.
moo

it doesnt say he was hospitalized at all, in fact what it says is that his injuries were not that serious and he left the emergency room on his own

Additional information added to timeline surrounding Mickey Shunick's disappearance

http://www.katc.com/full-coverage/searching-for-mickey-shunick/

Thank you for posting the updated timeline:

"May 19, 2012, 1:48 a.m.: Mickey is caught on camera, riding her bike, on St. Landry Street. Police say between St. Landry and Blackham Coliseum, Lavergne allegedly kidnapped Mickey. Her bike's damage is consistent with being hit from behind by a vehicle.

May 19, 2012, approximately 3:00 pm: According to a police report from Jefferson Parish, Lavergne says he was attacked at a gas station in the New Orleans area, repeatedly stabbed by an unknown man.

May 19, 2012, 6:30 p.m.: Mickey's family reports her missing to police.

May 19, 2012, 11:00 p.m.: Lavergne is interviewed by Jefferson Parish deputies in connection with an aggravated battery/robbery against him earlier that afternoon. The interview happens at a hospital in New Orleans as Lavergne is being treated, according to a police report. Lavergne can't recall where it happened.

May 20, 2012 : The first search party is organized."

Well, there we go...

I have thought of this often...even before this case and I've wondered which would be worse...to be the mother of the victim, or the mother of the murderer.

Mother of the victim. There's no justice. Even if the perp goes to jail for life, you'll never see your loved one again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
611CLE