LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #36

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious what you mean about the equusearch background check. I'm a member and volunteer for TES, and I don't recall ever being told anything like this. I'm not challenging you in any way, I just am curious. It never came up for me when I sent in my membership application.
Interesting. When TES was here and the search was relocated to Our Lady of Wisdom, they asked everyone to sign in with name and ID and state license tags. I guess they ran background checks on everyone. They told me they had a 'list' of people they did not want to be involved in the search.

But in post 759, the one you quoted when you responded about March, Catchy Kitty asked about 2010 not 2012. And 2010 is the year she mentioned when Ali Lowitzer went missing.

Sorry, Shelly, I'm really heckling you tonight. I'm not meaning to. You're one of my "favorite" posters and I always appreciate the info and insight you provide.
I think the first post I posted tonight, I put 2010. I went back and edited it, but some people may have 'put me in quotes' as 2010. I do not remember where I was in spring 2010. But I definitely saw BSL at Cc's on Johnston Street in APril 2012. at least 10-15 times.

Interesting. When TES was here and the search was relocated to Our Lady of Wisdom, they asked everyone to sign in with name and ID and state license tags. I guess they ran background checks on everyone. They told me they had a 'list' of people they did not want to be involved in the search.

No, I'm just saying I was never told not to ever call in tips to LE if I was a TES volunteer/member.

Ali Lowitzer is one who has a thread here, one that seems like an abduction. She vanished from her bus stop in April 2010. At least two, if not more of the other girls appear to have left on their own, even according to their families. Not sure if they ever returned or were located. JMO
Does anyone know at what month in 2010 that BSL got off parole? He was on parole from his release from prison in 2008 until sometime in 2010. It uplifts me to think we might be able to solve other cases out there through MS case.

Does anyone know at what month in 2010 that BSL got off parole? He was on parole from his release from prison in 2008 until sometime in 2010. It uplifts me to think we might be able to solve other cases out there through MS case.

bbm: No, I don't know.

No, I'm just saying I was never told not to ever call in tips to LE if I was a TES volunteer/member.
I am not a TES member. I have never been asked NOT to call in tips to LE. I was asked not to participate in the TES searches for MS; and was not given a reason.

Well right there is a red flag because the military wear their LAST NAME on their uniforms... NOT their FIRST!

There is a surname Brandon it is of old French origin. They wouldn't have a first name on their uniform.

I am not a TES member. I have never been asked NOT to call in tips to LE. I was asked not to participate in the TES searches for MS; and was not given a reason.

Ohhhh, I understand. I'm sorry, I was confused. That's interesting. So you're saying you don't want to call in the tip because you were basically told to stay out of the investigation by TES?

Slowlybutshelly
Thank you for answering and posting.
I hope you will contact LE with this information.
It might lead to finding Mickey.

LPD 337-291-8633 or
Crime Stoppers at 337-232-TIPS.
John Abdella at 337-235-0270
I just left a tip on Mr Abdella's answering machine. I was too weary to call LE. Thanks for your encouragement. Wondering how I could end up being in such close contact to a crazy psychopath. shudder

Great post! Thanks

In addition ...
He went to 3 different hospitals.
1 for numerous stab wounds in various locations.
1 for a really bad poison ivy rash including on his hands
1 for his finger tip severely injured. That being consistent with being bitten off.

I thought the finger surgery and the poison ivy were taken care of on the same visit to OGH? Is the fingertip consistent with being bitten off confirmed or inside info or speculation? I hadn't heard that before.

cluciano63, name a sexual predator/serial killer that wasn't a violent bully. It is never wise to underestimate a predator. Gary Hilton, whose IQ was within the top 10% of the world's population was thought to be a petty drifter & thief by LE, yet evaded authorities for 4 decades....

Some of the best hunters that I know can barely read & write..Many, if not most serial killers are average IQ or below. DTL's IQ was only 62, Gary Ridgeway 78, but both were illusive for years..and had almost a hundred victims between them..

Not trying to be combative, just trying to show that you don't have to have a PHD to be a PSK; prolific serial killer...It is about experience, calculation, creativity, deflection, evil, and a little luck..
Imo, if not for the public's tips BSL would be trolling as we speak.. How many times did he fall through the cracks since 05/19/2012...

BSL Scenario; Nine days after Mickey Schunick is abducted on 05/28/2012 a Tier 3 RSO comes in for his quarterly interview by LE, driving a DWT that the World is told to BOLO for, that looks as though he has been in a fight with a tiger and is covered with poison ivy...

"Last I looked poison ivy doesn't grow on Service Station parking lots in NOLO"...

Why is a high IQ even neccessary to evade investigators?

It is sickening to think that a RSO covered in scratches and poison ivy rash, driving a truck that matches a VOI description was not arrested/held for questioning on the spot at his quarterly interview. I'm hoping they alerted Lafayette LE about this and they waited while making their case more solid, because otherwise that's a pretty big crack in the system to fall through.

Slowlybutshelly,

Did Brandon ever pop into your head prior to his arrest?
Like did he ever slap out as being someone who might have had something to do with Mickey?

Creepy that you say you hadn't seen him since about 2 weeks before Mickeys disappearance. That is around the time Brettlys bike went missing, and his location isn't too far from there.
I wonder if they had ever ridden bikes from CC's to Brettly's house on another occasion, and BSL saw them.
I do remember having a conversation with a man who was at cc's once and he walked around as if everyone should know him. I didn't so he was surprised. He was the father of a young girl (10 or 12) who was abducted from his front yard in a rural town in LA. She was shot point blank in the back of the head. I am not sure if the father found the perp or not. But he has relocated to a midwest state and comes back here to buy BOUDIN. Very scary to think there was another PERP hanging out at that coffeeshop on Johnston Street around the time I met this other man.

Just curious; how far is CC's coffeehouse on Johnston street from BSL work? Was BSL living in LAfayette and working here for a few months prior to MS mishap?

word to the wise:
stay on the right side of the tracks.

jujube, is Opelousas hospital in a different police jurisdiction/parish than the other incidents by BSL?

Opelousas is St. Landry, different jurisdiction from the Oschner hospital visit, the truck theft and burning and his home address.

I think I've gotten caught up on this thread and the coffee shop is really interesting to me. I have some questions about BSL for slowlybutshelly if you remember!

What did BSL typically do when he was there? Read? Surf the Internet? Listen to music? Chat with others? I'm sure you were probably busy studying but I'm just curious! Did he seem to be "busy" with work, maybe he just pretended to look online when he was really just creepily staring at girls or thinking about his next sick act.

In advance I apologize if you answered this kind of or can't remember!
Hi. I am just kind of bewildered that I could meet a sociopath at a nice coffeeshop. I know in other cities, people coming back from military are welcomed at coffeeshops. For example, my sister used to go to coffee shops once a week in DC where military would be welcomed home and loved; with their stories being heard.

I also think it is odd that he was never there for more than an hour in my presence, but that I saw him often. Like 10-15 days out of one month? I do recall him looking me up and down, sizing me up, scrutinizing me with his eyes. Scary to think he could have been doing this at many places in Lafayette. He obviously knew when to stay clear of the police and how to stay clear.

Anyway, there is a 'bar' on the side wall that I like to study at. I can take up more space than one seat with my laptop. Behind this bar is a sofa. I can recall many times, turning around from my seat at the bar and seeing BSL on the sofa behind me. Usually he was there when I got there, around 7-8pm at night. I had a habit of staying until midnight as I would study late with 5 or 6 other students. BSL never stayed late till closing; in fact I think he knew LE would come in about 10-11pm and he would never be there when they were there.

He wore his fatigues and cap. Sat there.
Thank you for asking and jogging my memory because I would never had tried recalling all this as my brain energy needs to be reserved for tests coming up.

But I do recall him reading the newspaper. Most people around me had electronics, ipods, computers, etc. I often study with my computer and earplugs and tune out. I would have noticed if he had any laptop or ipod or anything. He did not. He just sat by himself. I do not even remember him getting a coffee.

I do remember having a conversation with a man who was at cc's once and he walked around as if everyone should know him. I didn't so he was surprised. He was the father of a young girl (10 or 12) who was abducted from his front yard in a rural town in LA. She was shot point blank in the back of the head. I am not sure if the father found the perp or not. But he has relocated to a midwest state and comes back here to buy BOUDIN. Very scary to think there was another PERP hanging out at that coffeeshop on Johnston Street around the time I met this other man.

Just curious; how far is CC's coffeehouse on Johnston street from BSL work? Was BSL living in LAfayette and working here for a few months prior to MS mishap?

word to the wise:
stay on the right side of the tracks.

pretty far considering BSL took a helicopter from TX to work off shore on an oil rig for 2 weeks on 2 weeks off

But with all due respect Shelly,

we are not absolutely certain it was Brandon that you used to see there. Brandon is a very common name, and he has a very Cajun look, so it might have been someone who looked very much like him, and not been the actual suspect.

I don't want to get too far off track without any verification that he indeed wore army fatigues and went there 4 nights a week.
With all due respect, I am absolutely 100% positive that it was BSL I saw there. I have an excellent memory as my family will attest to. I was often the one growing up that knew where all the streets were; could recall street names, people etc. I even tell my father, 'it could have been me instead of MS" and he looks at me 'like we have no evidence'. But I am 100% sure BSL was in Lafayette stalking since March 2012.

But with all due respect Shelly,

we are not absolutely certain it was Brandon that you used to see there. Brandon is a very common name, and he has a very Cajun look, so it might have been someone who looked very much like him, and not been the actual suspect.

I don't want to get too far off track without any verification that he indeed wore army fatigues and went there 4 nights a week.
I can virtually guarantee that if every employee at the CC's was brought to bear under oath and asked if they BSL there, they would say YES. and the PI I know too.

I think BSL had probably been stalking a lot of women beforehand. a lot....if he just sat at the coffeeshop and had military fatigues on for many hours; who knows where else he would have been. He was searching for something in the area and had many women in mind I think.

Hi. I am just kind of bewildered that I could meet a sociopath at a nice coffeeshop. I know in other cities, people coming back from military are welcomed at coffeeshops. For example, my sister used to go to coffee shops once a week in DC where military would be welcomed home and loved; with their stories being heard. Lol. Unlike Peace corps corps volunteers who often come back and their stories never get heard.

I also think it is odd that he was never there for more than an hour in my presence, but that I saw him often. Like 10-15 days out of one month? I do recall him looking me up and down , sizing me up, scrutinizing me with his eyes. Scary to think he could have been doing this at many places in Lafayette. He obviously knew when to stay clear of the police and how to stay clear.

Anyway, there is a 'bar' on the side wall that I like to study at. I can take up more space than one seat with my laptop. Behind this bar is a sofa. I can recall many times, turning around from my seat at the bar and seeing BSL on the sofa behind me. Usually he was there when I got there, around 7-8pm at night. I had a habit of staying until midnight as I would study late with 5 or 6 other students. BSL never stayed late till closing; in fact I think he knew LE would come in about 10-11pm and he would never be there when they were there.

He wore his fatigues and cap. Sat there. Thank you for asking and jogging my memory because I would never had tried recalling all this as my brain energy needs to be reserved for tests coming up.

But I do recall him reading the newspaper. Most people around me had electronics, ipods, computers, etc. I often study with my computer and earplugs and tune out. I would have noticed if he had any laptop or ipod or anything. He did not. He just sat by himself. I do not even remember him getting a coffee.

:confused: How long was he at the coffee shop?

BSL would not know me by name. But I saw his nametag and knew him by name. To me he looked like he was trying to appear to be 'normal' military in the area; but my understanding of military culture is that people usually hang out together. He was ALONE every time I saw him.
I never saw BSL speak to anyone else at CC's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheMidge