LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #36

Status
Not open for further replies.
slowlybutshelly, I remember how frightened you felt at the beginning of this case, so I hope thinking about this and answering questions isn't too upsetting for you.

I have one question: Do you feel absolutely sure it was BSL that you are remembering?
Thank you Backwoods. I am trying to not get distracted from what I need to do in my own reality for my own life. It is tough to have people 2nd or 3rd guess me when I say I am 100% sure I saw him. I was not the only one who saw him either at CC's. So many other people would be questioned from that coffeehouse. I for one am not quick to convict but I do believe in DNA and do believe people cannot be allowed to stay in public after such horrible crimes. If MS case helps solve another case, then my time on here is worth it. I am on here because I care about other people's lives other than my own. I appreciate everyone's kindness and encouraging me to call in the tip. I did; to Mr Abdella.

slowlybutshelly, I remember how frightened you felt at the beginning of this case, so I hope thinking about this and answering questions isn't too upsetting for you.

I have one question: Do you feel absolutely sure it was BSL that you are remembering?
ABSOLUTELY 100% positive it was him at cc's many times in April 2012. 100% sure.

There is a surname Brandon it is of old French origin. They wouldn't have a first name on their uniform.
BSL had his whole name on the nametags I saw. That is why I am 100% certain it was him. Why would he be wearing old army fatigues with his nametag on them?

Ohhhh, I understand. I'm sorry, I was confused. That's interesting. So you're saying you don't want to call in the tip because you were basically told to stay out of the investigation by TES?
Yes, that is what I am saying. But I did call in the tip to Mr Abdella tonight.

:confused: How long was he at the coffee shop?
I saw him regularly in April (10-15 times). He was never there for more than an hour. I can recall him coming in after me a few times, but it seems that more often than not I would get there and he would be there.

It's so odd that he would wear a nametag! Even if it were a real one with his last name on it, that's pretty risky for him considering what he was planning to do. But to make a fake one with his first and last name - what on earth? Most of us who are law-abiding citizens wouldn't necessarily want everyone knowing our full names everywhere we went, so what was he of all people thinking?

And btw, Shelly, I completely believe you that you saw him.

Great post! Thanks

In addition ...
He went to 3 different hospitals.
1 for numerous stab wounds in various locations.
1 for a really bad poison ivy rash including on his hands
1 for his finger tip severely injured. That being consistent with being bitten off.

I seemed to miss this somehow. 3 different hospitals?
I know Ochners, there was rumor about OGH (was this verified?) and where was the third? Thanks!

If this is correct, then it should give a clue where we can expect not to find Mickey. I have wondered since he once lived in Natchitoches at one time if he may have ventured up to the Kisatchi Forest.he's definitely gone east & west, he may have gone north as well.

Respectfully shortened:

Unfortunately, it is often the case that serial offenders will rely on these jurisdictional boundaries to hamper investigations and cause linkage blindness in their crimes. ...

"Jurisdictional Linkage Blindness calculated by BSL in Mickey Schunick's abduction and during the aftermath"

Imo, there is only one investigative tool that LE has that prevents jurisdictional linkage blindness; the American public via the MS Media...

BSL's Home - 1 LE Jurisdiction

MS Abduction - 2 LE Jurisdiction

Bike Disposal - 3 LE Jurisdiction

Hospital NOLO - 4 LE Jurisdiction

Opelousas General - 5 LE Jurisdiction

Stolen DW Truck Report - 6 LE Jurisdiction -Texas

Burned/Stripped DW Truck - 7 LE Jurisdiction - Texas

Brandon Scott Lavergne, is also forensically aware, calculating, and very manipulative..imooc..

"Would it not be logical to conclude that Mickey Schunick's remains will also be located in a different Police jurisdiction"?

It's so odd that he would wear a nametag! Even if it were a real one with his last name on it, that's pretty risky for him considering what he was planning to do. But to make a fake one with his first and last name - what on earth? Most of us who are law-abiding citizens wouldn't necessarily want everyone knowing our full names everywhere we went, so what was he of all people thinking?

And btw, Shelly, I completely believe you that you saw him.
I think in order to appear "normal ' at that coffeeshop; he had a nametag on. That shop is frequented by many professionals in the area, not often though late at night while I was there. I think that was a great risk appearing in public at that Coffeeshop in Lafayette. I Now I think if he were in Eunice and appeared at a local coffee shop that would be another story. This Cc's is kind of an odd location too. Corner of a main street near a hospital (3 blocks away); near a hospice with doctors working in the area. Come to think about it, I am shocked I saw him as much as I did there. He probably made similar appearances around the area in other locals. What I am wondering though is: did he spend most of his time in Lafayette? Or at his home? Did he have any work business even being in lafayette?

Hi. I am just kind of bewildered that I could meet a sociopath at a nice coffeeshop. I know in other cities, people coming back from military are welcomed at coffeeshops. For example, my sister used to go to coffee shops once a week in DC where military would be welcomed home and loved; with their stories being heard. Lol. Unlike Peace corps corps volunteers who often come back and their stories never get heard.

I also think it is odd that he was never there for more than an hour in my presence, but that I saw him often. Like 10-15 days out of one month? I do recall him looking me up and down , sizing me up, scrutinizing me with his eyes. Scary to think he could have been doing this at many places in Lafayette. He obviously knew when to stay clear of the police and how to stay clear.

Anyway, there is a 'bar' on the side wall that I like to study at. I can take up more space than one seat with my laptop. Behind this bar is a sofa. I can recall many times, turning around from my seat at the bar and seeing BSL on the sofa behind me. Usually he was there when I got there, around 7-8pm at night. I had a habit of staying until midnight as I would study late with 5 or 6 other students. BSL never stayed late till closing; in fact I think he knew LE would come in about 10-11pm and he would never be there when they were there.

He wore his fatigues and cap. Sat there. Thank you for asking and jogging my memory because I would never had tried recalling all this as my brain energy needs to be reserved for tests coming up.

But I do recall him reading the newspaper. Most people around me had electronics, ipods, computers, etc. I often study with my computer and earplugs and tune out. I would have noticed if he had any laptop or ipod or anything. He did not. He just sat by himself. I do not even remember him getting a coffee.

Thanks so much for your reply! Interesting and strange really. It sounds to me he didn't really have a reason to be there especially if he didn't even get coffee! (why not stay home or go to a library or another pickup place - unless he liked certain people who were there? Ex: attractive girls, college students, young people, etc) Maybe he was there to kill time or wait to go home/back to his GF and later claim he "worked late". Ah I don't even know but I'm sure he gave other people the creeps, I hope LE follows up and does a lot of interviews, I'm so glad a PI was there sometimes though even if BSL avoided LE's coffee stops.

Last night when I was reading SomeGuys comments (BSL relative) I wanted to ask him more about BSLs personality and if he seemed to have any interests or hobbies (besides the obvious sick ones). I was also wondering what his tastes in music, movies, sports, entertainment, anything really! Or if he has always just kept to himself and not really seemed to show much of himself or any kind of personality. It just fascinates me how such empty cold evil people can just float through everyone's lives undetected.

Again, what other case could this be important in? I definitely saw him numerous times (10) in full military fatigues between March, April May 2012 at cc's coffeeshop on Johnston Street in Lafayette. A P.I. I know also has seen him there..

http://abcnews.go.com/US/holly-bobo...dragged-woods-camouflaged/t/story?id=13375662
Holly Bobo was last seen being dragged into the woods by a man wearing camouflage.
I would like to read the camo threads in Holly Bobos case but can't seem to find her thread. Can someone help?

He wore a nametag on his military uniforms when at the coffeeshop. I remember it as being Brandon. I remember seeing his wholename on his tag on his military uniform. Yes I have said a few words to him and could recognize his voice. He told me he had been stationed at Ft Polk. He told me 'the military kept him here' instead of going to iraq and afghanistan. He stared at me wierdly, like 'what the hell are you doing talking to me in public' kinda thing. I now recall that I do not remember him talking to anyone else at said coffee shop; he just sat there for hours and hours. like me, except I was buried in books in my own world. and he was probably in his own world too.

BBM

Well right there is a red flag because the military wear their LAST NAME on their uniforms... NOT their FIRST!

Like gngr~snap, I have been around military all my life and I have never once seen a FIRST name on their uniforms. It is always their last name and maybe their first initial ONLY.

This coffee shop sighting is to be considered a rumor and not fact.

Shelly, appreciate you sharing but we need to move on now.

I am having a hard time believing BL was in Lafayette on a regular basis wearing a camouflage outfit marked with his complete name. Just my opinion.

Perhaps it was someone else in fatigues or cammies?

BSL being at CC's several nights a week doesn't fit in with him working offshore. There is the possibility he was given shop work to do for an extended period of time rather than going offshore, in which case he may have worked in Lafayette, ate and then hung out at the coffee shop until it was closing time. I dont recall seeing either him or you there! ( maybe 'cause I have no idea what you look like!)

I wonder if the property on Constantine Rd has a dwelling on it he could sleep at?

I have got to say Shelly, I am proud of you! You have gone from someone who was afraid of a shadow when this first happened and being very fearful of your life to a point where you just casually stated you talked to him a few times a d saw him often at the coffee shop. Maybe it's because he's behind bars now, but I am happy for you that you seem so much less afraid!

I do not want to post too much, but I felt safe at that coffee shop late hours (till midnight) studying because there was a P.I. there. LE came in regularly to get coffee, etc. I am pulling long hours with books, so I went to cc's on johnston probably 2-3-4 times a week in March, April, May 2012. I saw BSL there and talked with him (God forgive me) twice. He was in there on the sofa late hours doing nothing mindless for probably 2-3 times per week in March and April. If not before then. Are we thinking he is serial and responsible for others disappearances?

They stated that he did not need to be admitted to the hospital.

He also would not have been put into a private room as those are saved for REAL emergencies... he would have been questioned in the emergency room

I agree with others, unless that was a name tag for someplace he worked, it wasn't a military nametag. There is no military nametag that displays the first name. So the next question would be why would someone wear military fatigues but wear a different nametag than a military nametag.

Please leave the Holly Bobo discussion out of this.

It has nothing to do with Mickey's case.

Perhaps it was someone else in fatigues or cammies?

BSL being at CC's several nights a week doesn't fit in with him working offshore. There is the possibility he was given shop work to do for an extended period of time rather than going offshore, in which case he may have worked in Lafayette, ate and then hung out at the coffee shop until it was closing time. I dont recall seeing either him or you there! ( maybe 'cause I have no idea what you look like!)

I wonder if the property on Constantine Rd has a dwelling on it he could sleep at?

I have got to say Shelly, I am proud of you! You have gone from someone who was afraid of a shadow when this first happened and being very fearful of your life to a point where you just casually stated you talked to him a few times a d saw him often at the coffee shop. Maybe it's because he's behind bars now, but I am happy for you that you seem so much less afraid!
I am sure I saw BSL at CC's in APRIL. Not sure about May 1- 21st. I personally cannot remember much since the time of MS disappearance; my own crazy schedule and insomnia. Now that I think clearly after my coffee, I think I most likely did NOT see him in March. I think he appeared at CC's in camoflage seadted by himself; ALONE at least for two weeks in APRIL. Could he have been back from offshore then? ANd when did he start working offshore? Could he have been in TN on the Holly Bobo case before starting work offshore?

I am having a hard time believing BL was in Lafayette on a regular basis wearing a camouflage outfit marked with his complete name. Just my opinion.
Please believe me. I was STUNNED when I saw the mugshot. IF I could go find the one that just looked like him I would. younger pic; no beard. It was exactly the person I saw. He kept to himself in CC's; a place where people are socializing. He was OUTTA place there and new it; he never appeared when LE was there, like he knew when they were coming. I AM 100% positive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Linnymac68$