LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
The age of the man who died in the June 1999 accident that we feel was the pertinent one -- someone said 44. Is that confirmed?

I don't think it is fair to bring his brother into any of BL's activities; LE has said they do not believe he had an accomplice.
I never said accomplice.
I agree with you 100%
I don't even know if what was said was even true. MSM has not reported it as fact. (some media has...)
It could be simple enough! Maybe he intends to drive BSL's truck now? He may "sense" BSL won't be needing it...

I was pointing more to the car being borrowed and used with out his knowledge.
moo

If Onstar is truly disabled, other systems are adversely affected. BSL may have unplugged it thinking he was safe but he wasn't. They can still track you even if you disconnect the system.
Jujube, I got a different impression from quote in the article posted earlier?

Buried in some legal language was this line: "Unless the Data Connection in your Vehicle is deactivated, information about your Vehicle may continue to be collected even if you do not have a Plan."

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/on...ar-information/story?id=14581571#.UAt4x6PleSp

LT says:

LP went missing the night of the accident.
CH and her boyfriend move into a rent house months later.
And months later bones are found.

MOO I think the statement is worded funny. I think the statements are more general.

The age of the man who died in the June 1999 accident that we feel was the pertinent one -- someone said 44. Is that confirmed?

Tonight is the first I see WS mention his age. But I could be wrong.
According to my source on the Cajun Net, he was 21.

Wasn't BSL at Fort Polk at this time? Was he here visiting when this happened and where was he staying? If it was his roomate that was killed, then CH was going out with BSLs roomate? From Fort Polk? Had they both enlisted?

I think LT said the camp was empty. Maybe BSL came for the weekend, his roomate & he were staying at the camp. Somehow LP ended up with BSLat the camp, she died and BSL couldn't let his roomate back to the camp that night. So he caused Whoever was driving to wreck and no-one we t back to the camp but maybe BSL to tidy up.
Lisa's body was found in October, the month after he married. When did he move to Natchitoches where he got married, or was that where he was already living?

Just saw elsewhere the body was found in Sept of '99.
Seems like BSL is also using being engaged/married in his rouse as well. He got engaged right around the time Mickey went missing as well.

That is such an awesome thought...... at least appears that each engagement toward marriage or marriage was to ensure his statements about his whereabouts could NOT be refuted by his 'wife'.
:what: I betcha he watches many tv crime shows for his lessons. Makes me sick. JMOO

Is your cajun net source local to church point or eunice? Just curious. Also, did your Source know this 21 yo personaly? Do they know if the 21 yo took the fall for the murder of the missing woman?

21 would make more sense. i thought it odd for a cute 20 year old girl to be dating a 44 year old man. not that it doesn't happen, just sayin'

As far as I know at that stage of the game in the Army you can't live off base unless you are married... He NEEDED to be able to ROAM!!! The "wedding" at that time was to enable his activity...

Exactly! He was talking marriage and planning on moving I AM SURE!
I don't think he, his gf/new wife and 2? kids were gonna live in that trailer...
He needed something from her. (not sure what!) ?alibi maybe?
Maybe he planned on marrying her so she couldn't testify against him?
Not sure about LA law in that regard...
moo

moo

Yes, yes that's something..... BSL needed to Roam ; he needed a marriage license to live off base. WOW!!!

Question, shouldn't he have been in Jail awaiting trial on the April '99 alleged aggravated oral sexual battery in Evangeline Parish? Unless not reported to LE yet.
BSL makes me sick....

Is your cajun net source local to church point or eunice? Just curious. Also, did your Source know this 21 yo personaly? Do they know if the 21 yo took the fall for the murder of the missing woman?

Source from Eunice and knew the boy's father. When I talked of the accident last week, my source told me a few details like names. I found the deceased man's dates of birth and death on ancestry.com.

that's the whiskey bay exit, right?

Yes, you're right! Just trying to work out exactly where he means though from that point...anyone have ideas?

<modsnip>

also creepy to think someone out there may know, but hasn't contacted LE

http://www.wafb.com/story/19069776/shunick-case-leads-to-charges-in-unsolved-murder

Shunick case leads to charges in unsolved murder

The video makes it clearer as to where LP's remains were found.

Also !!!

I'd like to draw your attention to a comment below the news story made by *belearl* :what:

:what:hmm...
So if I take my cell phone around high voltage power lines will that block the triangulation and GPS mapping?
Will OnStar still work?
It is a very good thought!

What about "dead zones" or "drop zones" in and around Lafayette??

Cmaera with GPS mapping...
"Since it may not be possible to receive GPS satellite signals correctly in the following situations, the camera’s positioning data may not be recorded or the recorded position may differ from the actual position.
- Indoors, underground, underwater (using a waterproof case [sold separately]), in tunnels or forests, near buildings or valleys, near high-voltage power lines or mobile phones that use a frequency of 1.5 GHz."

http://canoncanada.custhelp.com/app.../~/using-the-gps-function-(powershot-sx230-hs)

Internet:
"Power lines. If you are looking at the tower through a tangle of high voltage power lines, you might not get service. Power lines create a dead zone, and you'll have to get above or below them for it to work. Normal street power lines on wooden poles aren't usually a problem; it's the main feed lines up on metal poles within a few hundred feet of your home that create a dead zone."

http://www.onalot.com/CanI.htm

What areas are around LA that have these high voltage lines??

I went by his trailer 2 weeks ago, after LE had packed up and left, and could see from Elaine Lane and Leslie Road two red cars still behind BSL's trailer. So LE must not have found anything or they surely would have towed those in.

...or BSL would have burned them!

Yes, you're right! Just trying to work out exactly where he means though from that point...anyone have ideas?

"go up state 395 from interstate 10 exit 127 to the high electrical transmission lines, go into an around the area just north of them and you will find something"

also creepy to think someone out there may know, but hasn't contacted LE

state 395 is between Jennings and Welsh, that's opposite direction from Whiskey Bay. but I don't know anything about exit numbers I avoid interstate travel unless I have a driver!

state 395 is between Jennings and Welsh, that's opposite direction from Whiskey Bay.

It's his mention of exit 127 that threw me, as that's Whiskey Bay...as soon as you said Jennings, my mind went straight to the *Jennings 8* :what:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member