LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just an FYI, OnStar did reverse its proposed policy to track former customers.

http://www.computerworld.com/s/arti...es_course_on_controversial_GPS_tracking_plans

Bessie, great find and important find!

I had missed that. Now it seems more likely to me that LE does NOT have OnStar data. I doubt BSL was paying for it, as I think he probably didn't want to be tracked. Anyone spending 8 years in prison - especially one who thinks he was falsely imprisoned, doesn't want the "man" tracking him - he wants privacy.

If so, obviously it makes the job of finding Mickey much, much harder.

ETA: Allunsonz' idea about a tracking device having been placed on BSL's truck is not a bad one... but it seems to me that they would have had pretty precise data on where he stopped, etc., and so would have a higher chance of having found Mickey by now.

Thank you for joining the forum. I have a wondered. Since the victim was so close in age to BL and this was first offense, there must have been some compelling evidence to have him serve 8 years in prison. Do you know of any information that was brought out during the trial that would have convinced the jury he was violent and needed too be removed from society?

Your wife is a brave woman.

U h m .....
You don't think blindfolding a woman, tying her up and forcefully shoving his
male organ into her mouth against her will is violent enough?

Just so everyone knows:

That is NOT normal NONVIOLENT behavior! That is behavior of someone who is sick, demands to be in control, and is probably a misogynist.

I find it interesting and not sure if it has any symbolic meaning but you decide. Someone decided, don't know who, and dont know why, that LP date of death was July 3, 1999.

On July 3, 1999 Billy Mitchell was the first person ever to get a perfect score in the arcade game Pacman. The score was 3,333,360.

On May 19, 2012, MS went missing from the Ryan street house. It was noticed by many that there was a new graffiti on a commercial building nearby that illustrated the pacman game and said Game Over. The graffiti was new because that wall had recently been painted to remove the grafitti that had been put on there.

May 22, 2012 marked the 32nd anniversary of the Pacman game.

the arcade game you gobble up inky, blinky, pinky, clyde because they are the enemies of pacman.

I am just throwing this out there for you to ponder. It probably means nothing, but it is food for thought. If BSL is a serial killer, then I would guess that his actions would be more systematic and not random. I am far from being an expert on the mind of a serial killer, but maybe some of you with more knowledge could enlighten us about their personality traits and what to look for.

The "Game Over" Pac-Man graffiti could be linked to the opening last year of a game store in Broussard called "Game Over."

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...sg=AFQjCNGF_YdPkrtPBc3ptS5m_NtTHs8mmg&cad=rja

The young owner previously had a game store by a different name near the college - (I forget the name).

It could be graffiti advertising.

Amen! It seems to me that sometime late afternoon, early evening, this thread ceased to be about Mickey and became an extension of the Cajun Net with "My source in the net said...", and it all pertained to who found Lisa and who lived where with whom, etc. I agree with you. Lisa's death is tragic, and she is as important as Mickey, but she has been found, and as you say, her suspected killer is behind bars...the justice system can sort the other stuff out. MIckey is still out there somewhere, and her family needs and deserves to have her back, so that she may receive a proper goodbye. I seriously hope this forum returns to being about her soon. JMO!

I understand what you're saying....

My take is that we have sleuthed the stuffing out of every aspect of Mickey's disappearance... no one is forgetting about Mickey, but what angle would you sleuth next?

Sleuthing possibilities about what BSL did with Lisa Pate may shed light on his patterns... may help find Mickey. Mickey and Lisa have the same accused killer, so it's not like we're sleuthing a random killer in Oregon. I think it's productive - JMO.

Thank you for joining the forum. I have a wondered. Since the victim was so close in age to BL and this was first offense, there must have been some compelling evidence to have him serve 8 years in prison. Do you know of any information that was brought out during the trial that would have convinced the jury he was violent and needed too be removed from society?

Your wife is a brave woman.

From what I understand, it was the bruises and other injuries to the victim that convinced them it was nonconsensual.

I understand what you're saying....

My take is that we have sleuthed the stuffing out of every aspect of Mickey's disappearance... no one is forgetting about Mickey, but what angle would you sleuth next?

Sleuthing possibilities about what BSL did with Lisa Pate may shed light on his patterns... may help find Mickey. Mickey and Lisa have the same accused killer, so it's not like we're sleuthing a random killer in Oregon. I think it's productive - JMO.

Respectfully, we sleuthed most of the last 12-15 hours on what he did with Lisa, and as far as I can tell, we have established nothing that hasnt been reported. I know that as a local, you hear all kinds of rumors, but many locals now are tossing out what they heard through the net. Almost none are verified, and even if they are, their source in the net isnt. Talk about confusing...I just dont see that as productive. JMO

Respectfully, we sleuthed most of the last 12-15 hours on what he did with Lisa, and as far as I can tell, we have established nothing that hasnt been reported. I know that as a local, you hear all kinds of rumors, but many locals now are tossing out what they heard through the net. Almost none are verified, and even if they are, their source in the net isnt. Talk about confusing...I just dont see that as productive. JMO

We sleuthed Mickey for 2 solid months, and made our way through faked photos of a large man driving the DWT, Mickey under the truck, leprechaun lights in the trees, and the like. And that wasn't confusing? We turned the info every which way and through discussion battled our way to a better understanding

12-15 hours of sleuthing on BSL's possible actions regarding Lisa Pate addressed things that had been conjecture, winnowed out ideas, and also brought forth several people close to the case, including the husband of the woman attacked in '99, and the participation of the Daily Advertiser reporter. It has brought out details of BSL's past, including direct quotes from CH about his need for "revenge."

Again, if you would like to lead by example, please tell us which aspect of Mickey's case we should sleuth next. Repeatedly criticizing those of us who are trying to better illuminate BSL's relationships in the earlier case makes me feel (rightly or wrongly) like you are implicitly telling me that I have forgotten about Mickey and also don't have judgment or perspective. I don't think your criticism is meant to be personal, but some may take it that way.

Respectfully, you are free to sleuth Mickey's case right now and to help lead us in new areas of discussion that we have missed, that you would find more "productive."

:twocents:

Regarding establishing a separate thread for Lisa Pate, as some have suggested, at this point I feel it's more productive to keep them together. It's the same suspect, the same suspect's friends and family and community, and things may come out about the Pate case that will cross-pollinate with Mickey's. This would save duplication of effort, and prevent a "wall of separation" that could divide facts between two threads.

We sleuthed Mickey for 2 solid months, and made our way through faked photos of a large man driving the DWT, Mickey under the truck, leprechaun lights in the trees, and the like. And that wasn't confusing? We turned the info every which way and through discussion battled our way to a better understanding

12-15 hours of sleuthing on BSL's possible actions regarding Lisa Pate addressed things that had been conjecture, and winnowed out ideas, and also brought forth several people close to the case, including the husband of the woman attacked in '99, and the participation of the Daily Advertiser reporter. It has brought out details of BSL's past, including direct quotes from CH about his need for "revenge."

Again, if you would like to lead by example, please tell us which aspect of Mickey's case we should sleuth next. Repeatedly criticizing those of us who are trying to better illuminate BSL's relationships in the earlier case makes me feel (rightly or wrongly) like you are implicitly telling me that I have forgotten about Mickey and also don't have judgment or perspective. I don't think your criticism is meant to be personal, but some may take it that way.

You are free to sleuth Mickey's case right now and to help lead us in discussion that you would find more "productive."

:twocents:

I am not criticizing you at all. I have always appreciated your input, and still do. If I am criticizing anything, it is the direction we seem to have taken . I, for one, dont believe that rumors belong here. If I want to read rumors, I will go read TD. Like you and everyone else, I guess I am just frustrated that we seem no closer to finding Mickey than we were weeks ago. Again, I truly am not criticizing you, and I apologize if you took it that way. And as to taking the lead, I am 1000 miles away, so I have to depend on what I read...I dont have any firsthand knowledge of the area...when I do have a new thought that may be helpful, rest assured I will offer it up....JMO

Does anyone have any new information about Mickey that we can discuss?

I have seen an "angel" picture that -while beautiful - is a common sunlight effect which I have seen many times while in my boat.

Is there anything else new?

I am not criticizing you at all. I have always appreciated your input, and still do. If I am criticizing anything, it is the direction we seem to have taken . I, for one, dont believe that rumors belong here. If I want to read rumors, I will go read TD. Like you and everyone else, I guess I am just frustrated that we seem no closer to finding Mickey than we were weeks ago. Again, I truly am not criticizing you, and I apologize if you took it that way. And as to taking the lead, I am 1000 miles away, so I have to depend on what I read...I dont have any firsthand knowledge of the area...when I do have a new thought that may be helpful, rest assured I will offer it up....JMO

I hear you... rumors cause problems. I don't know which state you live in, but a unique aspect of south Louisiana is the fact that the CajunNet is a real force in our lives down here, and real info does get out onto it. Just like we had to wade through theories about giant dogs and owls in the DWT issue, we will always have to try to vet rumors. IMO some degree of discussion of rumors does help in that it helps others reading, who may have heard the rumors, differentiate between rumor and fact. Due to the close-knit nature of south Louisiana communities, many facts about BSL's life are making it out there in the form of rumor, and so if we can shoot down the far-out rumors while giving more weight to those that did come from his community, we can make some progress, IMO.

It's definitely a fine line for all of us. Not every state has something as pervasive as the CajunNet, and I would hesitate to completely remove it from discussion. Many of the things that later were established as fact - his buying of the new truck - his altering of his license - his injuries - his comments to the hairdresser, etc., did start on the CajunNet. The CN has proved much more reliable than your average rumor-mill, and that's why I keep one ear to the ground on it.

Does anyone have any new information about Mickey that we can discuss?

I have seen an "angel" picture that -while beautiful - is a common sunlight effect which I have seen many times while in my boat.

Is there anything else new?

How prevalent are alligators there? Are they pretty much in all the waters? I guess what I am asking is, if she was dumped in water anywhere, not just Whiskey Bay, would she likely have been discovered by gators?

How prevalent are alligators there? Are they pretty much in all the waters? I guess what I am asking is, if she was dumped in water anywhere, not just Whiskey Bay, would she likely have been discovered by gators?

Gator can be present pretty much anywhere there are waterways.

That said, I think that they would be less prevalent up around Church Point - the farther they get from the Gulf. The land up that direction is much more prairie, and less swamp. Gators do tend to live near swampy areas. There are a lot of little waterways and coulees with no gators. In the specific waterway in the photo - near Ellis Rd., I have seen, I would lean toward no gators, just due to its distance from the Basin and the Gulf.

Yet - looking at Google Earth, there are three watershed areas around Eunice that do connect to the Gulf. I'm sure that there are gators near and in those watersheds.

JMO - MOO.

ETA: I see that Ellis Rd. has a Crowley address, further south than Church Point/Eunice. See my comment below.

They do?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

No...Gary Ridgeway was very religious, so was BTK. I've never read they drank, or smoked. Ted Budy didn't believe in contaminating he mind, either.

Richard Ramierz, the Hillside Strangler (Bianchi & Buono, they are cousins), Henry Lee Lucas & Otis Tool (the guys that were finally linked to Adam Walsh's death), Manson & his groupies did drugs...but what I'm getting at is tht most don't or rather the older ones don't. They like to keep their mines clean. Ed Gein would go Ina bar and order milk.

OK, I just looked at the horse farm address near Crowley, and it is on the edge of a watershed.

Yes, there could be gators there.

ETA: I am referring to the location of the "angel" picture that folks posted yesterday, FYI.

The 'aura' spirit picture and the clairvoyant tipster are all that I can think of. I personally think that if you can focus on bsl, and keep talking it through... Then maybe we can figure out where MS is. If this was your child would you stick your fingers in your ears to avoid rumors? No, you would sort them out to find the truth, to find your baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SandraJean1130