LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not true, Smooth. It was a mis-reading of a statement by the vicim in the incident report.

ETA: There is no link because the document was pulled from the paper's website. Redacted parts were still visible.

I have a pdf copy of the April 12, 1999 officer's report on my computer. It verifies what was just stated, as far as I can see.

Not true - you are given a 30 day grace period in LA. After that ... ticket time! At lease that's the way it is in my neck of LA. - I did not connect to the post several links above - sorry - still trying to figure this out - can't even figure out the smilies - maybe I should just lurk instead of trying to

~~~~~
Not trying to argue, but I wonder if it varies by jurisdiction? My area is quite tough and will issue tickets within days of expiration (no 30 day grace period here). However, two years ago my neighbor went to get her "brake tag" (annual window sticker) renewed the week before expiration.

The inspection folks discovered a problem -- my neighbor wasn't aware that there was an electrical issue affecting her lights. They did issue a temporary thing -- it wasn't a permanent sticker and I don't remember how long it was good for (maybe 30 days). She was stopped once, not ticketed because she had necessary documentation, and had to pay a small fortune to get the problem fixed. I remember it well b/c I chauffeured her around while her car was in the shop.

The inspection stickers cost $10 and are good for one year, altho' I believe the 2-years permits were just approved and will go into effect this fall. 2-year-inspection-stickers-need-governor-s-approval

I know registration stickers (the ones that go on the license plate themselves) are good for 2 years and cost more.

BSL's uncle is an author of books about serial killers. Really?
Sometimes truth is stranger than fiction. This case has more twists than any of the novels I have read.

I wonder if his uncle sent him his books while he was in prison. He certainly didnt need any more tips.

You know with a past like Brandons I cannot believe his brother or mother did not call and report him especially after seeing his truck on TV. They were probably scared he would do them in like Uncle Black.
I'm sorry if you misunderstood my post. There's no proof that Brandon had anything to do with his uncle's murder.

Don't stop posting. You just need to be verified as an 'insider' and then your 'inside information' posts will not be deleted by the mods.

What's the difference between an insider and a local and what is posted?
Thanks!

FYI:
another book by Church Point Author & Educator Gary Lavergne..

http://www.garylavergne.com/belachheb.htmSee an interview with Gary Lavergne about his book WORSE THAN DEATH...

"Gary Lavergne has turned his impeccable journalistic talents to a Texas multiple murder that has been mostly forgotten during the intervening years of mass killings and acts of terror. But Lavergne vividly recreates the crime and its aftermath and brings the reader inside the vortex of a horrendous and senseless crime. Through his meticulous and dispassionate presentation, he reveals what it was like to stand in the shoes of the victims, their families, the police, and the prosecutors, and finally, even the murderer.

Lavergne's answer to what is "worse than death" is an important and timely addition to the American debate over the death penalty."

-Gerald Posner, Author, Why America Slept

is Gary Lavergne related to either of Cynthia's husbands? If so, it's too bad he didn't get to know BSL and warn everyone of his evilness

Hey, gngr~snap!

Wasn't it you the other night who posted that you thought we might all need to get our deep-waders ready -- and posted, with a pic, that you already had yours?

Well, if it was you -- wondering if you might know where we could get a group deal on those...!! I DO think we're gonna need 'em.

Just one example: I thought we made good progress the other day getting a semi-clear picture of what might have happened regarding the June 1999 car accident. But, apparently NOT. From what is "out there" elsewhere and trickling into here, I don't even know at this point what to believe about how many were in the car and who they were...

Yes, it's gonna get deep.

I wonder if his uncle sent him his books while he was in prison. He certainly didnt need any more tips.

I misunderstood, it is BSL's cousin who is the writer. Not his uncle.

Yes, I wonder if BSL read his books. Also wonder how the cousin became interested in writing about sk's.

Bessie what are you referring to as not true? What was mis-read by the victim?

Sorry, Travis. My wording was wasn't clear. A statement made by the victim was related in the report. Some people interpreted it incorrectly, and posted what they thought it said. I wanted to make it clear that BSL spared the victim nothing.

You're right...by law, Louisiana does not have a 30 day grace period. I had a similar situation when going to get my sticker on the last day of the month it expired, only the place was out of the orange stickers. I asked them about a grace period, and they told me that there wasn't one. I was sure they were mistaken, as I'd always thought I had an extra 30 days, so I researched it and found that they were correct. Obviously, as with everything, an officer can use their discretion as to whether or not they ticket you w/n that 30 day window. Where I live, they set up on the on ramps to I-10 atleast a couple of times a week:(.
http://dmvanswers.com/questions/396/Is-there-a-grace-period-to-replace-an-expired-inspection-sticker

~~~~~
Not trying to argue, but I wonder if it varies by jurisdiction? My area is quite tough and will issue tickets within days of expiration (no 30 day grace period here). However, two years ago my neighbor went to get her "brake tag" (annual window sticker) renewed the week before expiration.

The inspection folks discovered a problem -- my neighbor wasn't aware that there was an electrical issue affecting her lights. They did issue a temporary thing -- it wasn't a permanent sticker and I don't remember how long it was good for (maybe 30 days). She was stopped once, not ticketed because she had necessary documentation, and had to pay a small fortune to get the problem fixed. I remember it well b/c I chauffeured her around while her car was in the shop.

The inspection stickers cost $10 and are good for one year, altho' I believe the 2-years permits were just approved and will go into effect this fall. 2-year-inspection-stickers-need-governor-s-approval

I know registration stickers (the ones that go on the license plate themselves) are good for 2 years and cost more.

You are right, and this photo is undated. If these were the gold grips, I can see how they may have been visible under water, kinda like a fishing lure, you know?

The only time I've ever been able to see anything under the surface of the water in Louisiana was when I was looking in a swimming pool!

Sorry, Travis. My wording was wasn't clear. A statement made by the victim was related in the report. Some people interpreted it incorrectly, and posted what they thought it said. I wanted to make it clear that BSL spared the victim nothing.

Sorry for the confusion, I understand what you were saying now.

You are right, and this photo is undated. If these were the gold grips, I can see how they may have been visible under water, kinda like a fishing lure, you know?

The grips always did make me wonder
Bsl was thinking that far in advance?
Had that much time to take off grips?
I remember fighting with my bicycle grips when i was younger
experienced cyclist wouldn't tolerate loose grips
The water there is not clear at all
Can someone send me something about the grips a link or something
Thanks
First post be nice !

Claire Taylor's article in the Advertiser states search vehicles (TES or LE I don't recall which) were 1/2 mile from that location. Sorry I'm posting on my phone and can't link right now but the article should be easy to find on their site.

ETA It was in today's Advertiser front page.

Yes. Texas EquuSearch was out there Friday when I drove by BSL's dad's house. They were in the area Monday, too. Lots of woods around there.

You can bet that once the truth comes out about BS Lavergnes evil past, imo, & the probable victim total... not sure if Gary Lavergne, will add prolific serial killer 'BS' Lavergne to his long list of spree & serial killer books..
Other true crime writers & novelists will be lining up to tell his story..

Imo, the rough drafts of the transcripts of their novels are only in the first or second chapter at this point..sadly..
Wouldn't that be disrespectful to his own family, if he would be to write a book about his own relative? I imagine the family feels bad enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheMidge