LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone, I am new to Websleuth's but I have been following Mickey's case.

The only time I've ever been able to see anything under the surface of the water in Louisiana was when I was looking in a swimming pool!

Valid point...I should get my son's take since he's been grounded more than once for swimming in the bayou. :croc:

:welcome3:

Greetings and welcome, Lafayette Guy and DizZ ... and anybody we may have missed with the welcome wagon!

It's important stuff you've linked to IMO and I hope that the sister of KA will join us here and get verified by mods, to share this really useful information.
Thank you for drawing attention to it.
Glad someone did! I wuz skeered!
Hey, gngr~snap!

Wasn't it you the other night who posted that you thought we might all need to get our deep-waders ready -- and posted, with a pic, that you already had yours?

Well, if it was you -- wondering if you might know where we could get a group deal on those...!! I DO think we're gonna need 'em.

Just one example: I thought we made good progress the other day getting a semi-clear picture of what might have happened regarding the June 1999 car accident. But, apparently NOT. From what is "out there" elsewhere and trickling into here, I don't even know at this point what to believe about how many were in the car and who they were...

Yes, it's gonna get deep.

Yes !
images

I swapped them for these (got a rash!) lol
images

If I had to "guess" for every person he has "killed" there is someone else that was "silenced" because of it!

moo

Sounds like the BSL thread for suspected victims is going to be very active!

Sorry, new here and still learning, so havent figured how to link to an article, but in post #1239 of this thread, ginger~snap links to an article in The Advertiser that I believe Claire wrote that says that in 2008, a grand jury found insufficient evidence to indict BSL for 2ND DEGREE MURDER. This is JMO, but for there to have gone from insufficient evidence to indict for 2nd degree 4 years ago to a charge now of 1st degree murder, I have to believe that LE found some direct and very telling evidence in their search of BSL's house, I seriously doubt that someone suddenly speaking up now, in and of itself, would make them confident enough to take that step. That said, IF they found direct evidence of his murder of Lisa Pate, I believe it is also very possible that they found similar direct evidence of his murder of Mickey...pictures maybe, personal effects maybe, I dunno....and this is all JMO, but I had never known that the earlier charge that didnt get an indictment was for 2nd degree, guess I assumed it also was a 1st degree charge...JMO

is Gary Lavergne related to either of Cynthia's husbands? If so, it's too bad he didn't get to know BSL and warn everyone of his evilness

From what I can tell on "pipl" search he is a relative of BSL's MOM!

Also... I am concerned. There is a BSL listed as 63 yrs old.
He has an Alias of BCL.

SAME RELATIVES AND ADDRESSES!!!

I haven't gone "deeper" than that.
I highly doubt there is another BSL 30 years older than BSL
IS THERE???
ANYONE???

It is a town just like anyother, but it is small. If you grew up here, which I did not, but if you did everyone knows everyone else and their business. I did not grow up here so I don't know everyone like that, but am careful what I say because I don't know who they know. I hope I am not confusing everyone, because I am close to confusing myself. :smile:

BSL still has family there. They also are worried that BSL could get out of jail.

The grips always did make me wonder
Bsl was thinking that far in advance?
Had that much time to take off grips?
I remember fighting with my bicycle grips when i was younger
experienced cyclist wouldn't tolerate loose grips
The water there is not clear at all
Can someone send me something about the grips a link or something
Thanks
First post be nice !

A thread or two back, we were discussing the grips -- lots of theories tossed around. I'll see if I can find it...

Glad someone did! I wuz skeered!

Yes !
images

I swapped them for these (got a rash!) lol
images

If I had to "guess" for every person he has "killed" there is someone else that was "silenced" because of it!

moo

gngr~snap, I'd say that was a very accurate conclusion.. I firmly believe that if someone had come forward years ago that maybe, just maybe we wouldn't be here today...

"Silence only causes innocent victim's lives, mounting cold cases, and is the predators most lethal weapon"..

Sorry, new here and still learning, so havent figured how to link to an article, but in post #1239 of this thread, ginger~snap links to an article in The Advertiser that I believe Claire wrote that says that in 2008, a grand jury found insufficient evidence to indict BSL for 2ND DEGREE MURDER. This is JMO, but for there to have gone from insufficient evidence to indict for 2nd degree 4 years ago to a charge now of 1st degree murder, I have to believe that LE found some direct and very telling evidence in their search of BSL's house, I seriously doubt that someone suddenly speaking up now, in and of itself, would make them confident enough to take that step. That said, IF they found direct evidence of his murder of Lisa Pate, I believe it is also very possible that they found similar direct evidence of his murder of Mickey...pictures maybe, personal effects maybe, I dunno....and this is all JMO, but I had never known that the earlier charge that didnt get an indictment was for 2nd degree, guess I assumed it also was a 1st degree charge...JMO

bbm: Good catch on the degrees; I sure missed that.

It's always been $10 at any places I've lived here in Louisiana, as far as I know. Just sayin' lol. Someone must be ripping you off LOL.

the whole city of Baton Rouge is a rip off. I sooooo miss good ol' Lafayette :rocker:

The grips always did make me wonder
Bsl was thinking that far in advance?
Had that much time to take off grips?
I remember fighting with my bicycle grips when i was younger
experienced cyclist wouldn't tolerate loose grips
The water there is not clear at all
Can someone send me something about the grips a link or something
Thanks
First post be nice !
" Tom Shunick could not shake one detail from his mind: the fact that the gold handlebar grips were found floating separately."
http://www.shreveporttimes.com/arti...eks-later-still-questions-Mickey-Shunick-case
just click on the # of the post.... a new window will open and you can copy the address in the upper bar and paste here.
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8178902&postcount=1239"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - LA LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #38[/ame]
gngr~snap, I'd say that was a very accurate conclusion.. I firmly believe that if someone had come forward years ago that maybe, just maybe we wouldn't be here today...

"Silence only causes innocent victim's lives, mounting cold cases, and is the predators most lethal weapon"..

"Oppression can only survive through silence"
bullies count on it!
But BSL would have followed through IMO

Wow! Finally caught up! You guys are amazing finding out all these details. Hopefully it will lead to Mickey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member