LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure when he was discharged (or when he enlisted for that matter)
Looking at the timing I'm gonna say that attack in Feb was AFTER he was discharged???
Had it been handled properly in Dec 2000 there would have been no chance for him to attack her in Feb.
When BSL's jail term ended he SHOULD have then been brought up on the charges against the wife. AND forced to serve additional time!!!
UNLESS he was doing "concurrent time" for both???

The way I understand it, he was booked to Opelousas jail on the assault on his wife in Feb 2000. Released to Fort Polk police for being AWOL. Convicted for the 1999 oral sexual battery on Feb 25, 2000. So he's most likely a dishonorable discharge if he never completed his term for being sentenced to 10 years.

I'm not sure when he was discharged (or when he enlisted for that matter)
Looking at the timing I'm gonna say that attack in Feb was AFTER he was discharged???
Had it been handled properly in Dec 2000 there would have been no chance for him to attack her in Feb.
When BSL's jail term ended he SHOULD have then been brought up on the charges against the wife. AND forced to serve additional time!!!
UNLESS he was doing "concurrent time" for both???

I also remember reading he was dishonorably discharged after being convicted of rape.

You have got to be kidding!!!!! An honorable discharge?!?!?!?!?!

http://texasequusearch.org/2012/07/missing-michaela-mickey-shunick-22-yrs-lafayette-la-051912/

I wish there was some encouraging news about searches, but so far I see nothing new.

I don't believe the Shunick family will EVER give up searching - and I'd feel the exact same way if Mickey was my daughter. JMO

I too would never give up, but how do you go about that? At some point TES will leave and LE will stop searching too, so do you start hiring people from the money raised? Do you just search on your own with a 4 wheeler? How do families go about a continued search after everyone has packed up and left?

Also, can anyone tell me more about truth serum? Is there ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY NO WAY they will use this on BSL?

This is just so upsetting. I think that he has too many rights as a TIER 3 RSO indicted for 2 murders and with such a shady history. It would be one thing if he didn't have a history at all. Like if he was just some guy with nothing but a few speeding tickets and a white truck and some ties to the crime. You know then we could say, well you can't just assume and force it out him because he COULD be innocent. But come on people!!! He is NOT innocent, and let's just say that he is, he still tied up and blindfolded and you know the rest - I can't even type it - an innocent 18 year old girl!!! He doesn't deserve the same rights as others IMO. The truth needs to be FORCED out of him somehow some way!!! I'm just so mad because there is a solution, but our system is too pansy *advertiser censored* to use it:banghead:

Do they take DNA when they come out of prison labeled an RSO?

I feel pretty sure his DNA is on file by now, which can at least be compared against any cold cases where victims may have been found or reported a crime, but a match was never made.

I was never told anything about Brandon until recently when his name was in the news for the 2 murders. He was not a friend of my brother's; however, he seems to have ties to CH who did hang out with my brother. As far as visiting my brother's house, I don't know...it seems he knew it was vacant in order for a body to be hidden there.

I, along with my family, cleaned out my brother's house after the fatal accident. As I have said before on another site, there was no trace of Lisa Pate's body being there. IMO, the body was placed there after my brother had died. People knew it was a vacant house and a place to conceal a body. I feel 1 particular person knows a lot more than is being said. IMO, I think we need to look at the connection between BSL and CH. What are the dynamics there?

Thanks for clearing up the connection between Brandon and the accident. I am sure if he was looked at as a cause of some sort you would know. What was the cause of the accident or rather what did the police report say? Also how soon after the accident did you and your family clean out his house? TY

Now THAT is painting with a VERY broad brush! Church Point, in fact is a nice little town. There are bad apples in every barrel much as you have in the town you live in I'm sure.
I was born there, never lived there, but most of my family still does, so it will always have a place in my heart.

O/T I remember back in the 90's there was a horrible news story about a family having to leave Church Point in a hurry, after a burning cross was placed in their front yard. It was before the wacko from the Knights of the White Camellia moved to Texas. Anyone recall that? This isn't helping us find Mickey - sorry to go off track here. Guess it has zero to do with BSL :doughboy:

I too would never give up, but how do you go about that? At some point TES will leave and LE will stop searching too, so do you start hiring people from the money raised? Do you just search on your own with a 4 wheeler? How do families go about a continued search after everyone has packed up and left?

Also, can anyone tell me more about truth serum? Is there ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY NO WAY they will use this on BSL?

This is just so upsetting. I think that he has too many rights as a TIER 3 RSO indicted for 2 murders and with such a shady history. It would be one thing if he didn't have a history at all. Like if he was just some guy with nothing but a few speeding tickets and a white truck and some ties to the crime. You know then we could say, well you can't just assume and force it out him because he COULD be innocent. But come on people!!! He is NOT innocent, and let's just say that he is, he still tied up and blindfolded and you know the rest - I can't even type it - an innocent 18 year old girl!!! He doesn't deserve the same rights as others IMO. The truth needs to be FORCED out of him somehow some way!!! I'm just so mad because there is a solution, but our system is too pansy *advertiser censored* to use it:banghead:

That is a big "no" to truth serum...
Besides, no one can even be made to take so much as a lie detector test, or to speak to police at all. We know that defendants have all of the legal rights, more than the vicitms.

Sometimes, families do go on searching on their own for years; the brother of the woman in GA (Kristy-can't think of her last name just now) actually eventually found her remains on his own, but he did have an area to work with. In Mickey's case, the possibilities just seem endless as to where she could be...

Being from the area I think with the weather change and hunting seasons coming up more hunters will be out in the isolated & woods areas making the chances of someone stumbling across something greater. How many times you hear of hunter or hikers stumbling across a body or remains? More often that just a regular person out & about for a daily walk. JMO of course.

The law for collecting DNA from RSO's did not go into effect until late 2000. He Plead & was sentenced in Feb 2000. So unless they went back and got DNA From all RSO's Convicted before law went into effect, which I doubt, they probably didn't have his DNA on file.

surely they took his DNA before he was released in 2008!? how stupid would that be if they didn't?

Yes I agree bad apples everywhere, but for such a nice little town, I have read many stories about the police there not reporting the facts as they have happened protecting certain family members etc. The police are the top officials in cities and towns and leave impressions with their efficiency and truth, which is why I feel that way.

Well, when one gets to see the soft underbelly of any town, the same thing will be seen. There are always those who get treated with favor either because of standing in the community or money. It's just the way it is, and it's that way everywhere. I'm not saying it right because it isn't, but it's a fact. Church Point seems extra sinister at the moment because it's the one under the microscope.

Being from the area I think with the weather change and hunting seasons coming up more hunters will be out in the isolated & woods areas making the chances of someone stumbling across something greater. How many times you hear of hunter or hikers stumbling across a body or remains? More often that just a regular person out & about for a daily walk. JMO of course.

But it can take years...:( if ever.
I know lots of people thought Kyron would be found this way, by now. And so many others. It is so random. Often, when we hear about someone stumbling upon remains or a body, the person is someone who hadn't even been reported missing officially, or can't be identified. It is very frustrating.

I'm going to blame the post-surgical haze here for this, but I am one confused puppy. I've read and read and read as far back as I could (and trust me, that was a lot!!), and I'm missing the connection between CH, BSL, LP, and this car accident. How does all this relate to each other?

I'm sorry if it's been explained and I'm just too blind to see it. I had minor surgery on Friday morning, and I've been really out of it all weekend -- had no access to CajunNet either! Ohh, the humanity! ;-)

I believe they were searching this area? Has anyone been able to verify this? I would doubt no one at this point. Seems everyone is running out of options. It has rained all last week and today in New Iberia and Lafayette. Conditions are getting worse for searching.

Foxfire said they were searching it yesterday. He said he had a credible source. Personally I'd like to drive there and look for myself. But my kids would think I've literally gone INSANE. (They are young, so they'd have to come with me)

surely they took his DNA before he was released in 2008!? how stupid would that be if they didn't?

I think by law they were NOT able to do that. I could be wrong but I have heard this from several places. It would be like going back on every RSO that committed a crime before the law went into effect. Not legal. So unless they had his DNA from the scene and kept it on file they MAY NOT have it.

Correction: They have it now. I meant they might not have had it before his latest arrest.

I was never told anything about Brandon until recently when his name was in the news for the 2 murders. He was not a friend of my brother's; however, he seems to have ties to CH who did hang out with my brother. As far as visiting my brother's house, I don't know...it seems he knew it was vacant in order for a body to be hidden there.

I, along with my family, cleaned out my brother's house after the fatal accident. As I have said before on another site, there was no trace of Lisa Pate's body being there. IMO, the body was placed there after my brother had died. People knew it was a vacant house and a place to conceal a body. I feel 1 particular person knows a lot more than is being said. IMO, I think we need to look at the connection between BSL and CH. What are the dynamics there?

I was wondering if you remember the location of the house. I looked on Google Earth, and 2290 seemed to be the second one from the big bend on Brigman, on the north side of the road.

Looking at it... I saw dense woods about 50 yards from the house. I saw your statement that there was no body when you were picking up your brother's things. Do you think it's possible that the body was back there in the brush under the boards and you never knew? The prevailing winds are from the south and west in the summer and fall, and they could have taken any odor away from the house, if that's the correct house.

Do you have Google Earth on your computer?

If so, maybe you could put in these coordinates:
30°28'31.00" N 92°18'21.40" W

and look and see if I have the correct house? It's the one across the road from the one with the red-roofed outbuildings. Was that where your brother lived?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels