LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #39

Status
Not open for further replies.
In that case, I am very upset with St. Landry Parish. That warrant should have been served the moment he left prison in 2008. Didn't they do a dang warrant check when they released him?

Possibly it could have affected the outcome. Could have put him back in jail. Maybe could have saved victims we don't know about.

I wonder if warrants like that are lumped with traffic warrants - as in - any cop running BSL's plate should have been able to arrest him at any time 2008 on.

Having once been arrested on a traffic warrant, it burns me to see that apparently BSL had an active warrant that was just ignored by LE.

There's probably more to the story - and if not, shame, shame, shame on St. Landry Parish. This is the first thing in the BSL saga that smells like scandal.

I hope there is an adequate explanation - because the Shunicks have to be fuming at hearing he had an outstanding warrant.

A lot of things might be different if he had in fact been charged again on the way out of prison in 2008; he probably would not have been given more than 6 months-1 year on simple assault, perhaps, but maybe he would have been on probation longer, or moved away or at least been less likely to grab a woman off the street on her bike in 2012...who knows...

In that case, I am very upset with St. Landry Parish. That warrant should have been served the moment he left prison in 2008. Didn't they do a dang warrant check when they released him?

Possibly it could have affected the outcome. Could have put him back in jail. Maybe could have saved victims we don't know about.

I wonder if warrants like that are lumped with traffic warrants - as in - any cop running BSL's plate should have been able to arrest him at any time 2008 on.

Having once been arrested on a traffic warrant, it burns me to see that apparently BSL had an active warrant that was just ignored by LE.

There's probably more to the story - and if not, shame, shame, shame on St. Landry Parish. This is the first thing in the BSL saga that smells like scandal.

I hope there is an adequate explanation - because the Shunicks have to be fuming at hearing he had an outstanding warrant.

Makes me wonder if the warrant was put into the system(computer system) or was just filed with the local PD(I mean literally a filing cabinet). I know in the past dealing with small departments meant an actual phone call to check for warrants.

Hey everyone... Work has been crazy, but I have been trying to keep up. I have a question. What is Cajunnet? I live in Lafayette, and I have no clue.

Hey everyone... Work has been crazy, but I have been trying to keep up. I have a question. What is Cajunnet? I live in Lafayette, and I have no clue.

As far as I can tell, slang for the local gossip network...
Maybe more so, out in the smaller towns?

Anyway-doesn't a prison system check for warrants upon release, at least??

If Lisa was killed on July 3rd, BSL would have buried her on the rental house property to draw suspicion towards KA and away from him. At that time no one knew when she had been killed or where. The locals and LE didn't know when she disappeared. BSL knew KA had been killed. He may have looked upon the death as a convenience.
People apparently knew BSL's reputation or people talked and so KA was never really considered a serious suspect.

You make an interesting point.

Something drew the police toward BSL, and not KA, who had lived in the house.

You'd think that, just in the normal course of police work, KA would have been looked at - having lived there.... but instead BSL was the prime suspect.

Maybe due to his April attack on the girl?

And.. does anyone know when BSL was actually taken into custody for the attack?

Was he maybe out on BAIL when LP went missing? This is where it would be helpful to know when he actually was at Ft. Polk.

LOL - I swear you asked the same question the other night. Maybe you missed the answer?

The CajunNet is the only entity yet found that exceeds 186,000 miles per second.

LOL - I swear you asked the same question the other night. Maybe you missed the answer?

The CajunNet is the only entity yet found that exceeds 186,000 miles per second.

Too bad it doesn't know where Mickey is...

I may have missed it Chicken Fried... I work in the legal field in downtown Lafayette, so I get a lot of first hand "Rumors" and info, however, it takes away from my time on this site...

Seems he was arrested on the warrant but they didn't place a hold on him when everything else hit the fan back in 2000.

Lavergne was arrested on the warrant for simple battery on February 9, 2000. He was then released 12 hours later to Fort Polk where he was stationed at the time. The next day, he was booked into jail in Evangeline Parish in connection with an aggravated oral sexual battery charge. He would end up serving eight years. At that point there was no hold put on Lavergne, or record filed indicating his arrest for the domestic violence in Opelousas.

typically a hold is put on an inmate so the jail knows not to release him until all charges have been addressed in court. Or the court is told about the warrant being cleared so they can schedule a court date. We may never know what happened.

http://www.katc.com/news/opelousas-city-court-will-pursue-12-year-old-case-against-lavergne/

Not passing judgement, because I have no way of knowing if I would do anything different if I lived there, but the thing that kinda bothers me about the Cajun Net is it seems they all talk to everybody and their brother about everyone else's business, but they dont seem to talk to the people that should be told....ie, not talking to police out of fear, or not talking to a reporter for a newspaper...seems some of that may be changing hopefully. Seems everyone has known so many things for so many years, and somehow, no one ever bothered to tell the police.JMO

and that is not to offend any of the locals that are on the board. The fact that you are here is proof that you want the truth to be told.

I may have missed it Chicken Fried... I work in the legal field in downtown Lafayette, so I get a lot of first hand "Rumors" and info, however, it takes away from my time on this site...

You're not the first to ask ;-)

Not passing judgement, because I have no way of knowing if I would do anything different if I lived there, but the thing that kinda bothers me about the Cajun Net is it seems they all talk to everybody and their brother about everyone else's business, but they dont seem to talk to the people that should be told....ie, not talking to police out of fear, or not talking to a reporter for a newspaper...seems some of that may be changing hopefully. Seems everyone has known so many things for so many years, and somehow, no one ever bothered to tell the police.JMO

I know there are a few officers who grace this site, so I want to make it clear, I am not speaking about all officers of the law when I say this.. but to tell LE isn't as simple as it is in other places. There are lots of things happening here. I can say this with first hand knowledge. You never know if you are telling their sisters, cousin's husband!! Sometimes it's all about who you know...

I think that without the CajunNet - BSL would still be a free man.

The CajunNet has only just begun to fight

:saber:

From what we know so far...I am giving a lot of credit to the employee at the car dealership.

I hear what you're saying to a point.

But I submit that in an area like NYC or L.A. - where people stick to themselves... there would be no talk (not to single out those places) - and MS and LP would just be other forgotten missing women... and BSL would be out there... somewhere.

Psychopathic sadistical sexual predator/serial killer BS Lavergne, shows an obvious pattern of deviant behavior and escalation since childhood according the info we have learned up to this point, imo.

http://www.enotes.com/forensic-science/sexual...

According to the Federal Bureau of Investigation's (FBI) National Center for the Assessment of Violent Crime (NCAVC), while sexual predators do not always commit homicides, they do typically escalate their criminal sexual behaviors over time.

Fantasy plays a key role in the lives of sexual predators, and they are reported (on the basis of extensive research and interviews with incarcerated and convicted sexual predators) to experience violent sexual fantasies well before they begin to act them out.

Over time, they progress to the point of carrying out their imagined or fantasized scenarios with both willing and unwilling sexual partners. When sexual predators become lethal (that is, when they kill), they typically refine their means or methods of choosing, pursuing, abducting, and controlling their victims throughout a scenario that leads to the eventual sexual homicide.

I hear what you're saying to a point.

But I submit that in an area like NYC or L.A. - where people stick to themselves... there would be no talk (not to single out those places) - and MS and LP would just be other forgotten missing women... and BSL would be out there... somewhere.

Very valid point. It just seems such a shame that apparently so many knew so many things...I have seen references to "everyone in town knew yada yada"... and yet it took until now to get this monster off the streets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname