LA LA - Arrilla Webb-Vaul, 23, Bossier Parish, 15 March 1979

The below quotes are taken from MS - Biloxi, WhtFem Skeletal UP11582, 19-25, On Logging Road-Pigeon Chested, Oct'80. Details about webrocket finding distant cousins hopefully to get a DNA sample for Arrilla. I then sent all of the info to Michael Nance this morning. I asked that he let me know how it works out. The only other option would be to exhume her mom.

I have a friend at Doe Network who told me the DNA sample associated with Arrilla is at UNT. Apparently there is something wrong with it since it has not processed in a year since someone posted it was on her NamUs profile. Michael Nance did not tell me what was wrong but said he is interested in relatives if they could be found.

Arrilla's Doe Net profile

Posts from MS - Biloxi, WhtFem Skeletal UP11582, 19-25, On Logging Road-Pigeon Chested, Oct'80http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Pigeon-Chested-Oct-80&p=12420015#post12420015

Arrilla Webb-Vaul DNA Status: Samples submitted - Tests not complete

I think the UID lead is interesting. In fact, the dentition is close enough that I think it will turn out to be her (if they ever get their act together and finish the DNA testing). However, I'm equally interested in identifying a suspect. The abduction was clearly planned somewhat, and it was pretty brazen. It doesn't seem like the MO of someone who would offend once and then stop; it seems like the MO of a total psychopath who would continue to abduct/rape/kill until dying or going to prison or at least until being questioned by police.

I'm hoping that means they got a sample, it used to say tests incomplete. Just checked my email history with Nance, I contacted him May 28th and just now. I'm totally disgusted by the actions of some of the case workers lately. Very unprofessional especially when I do so much

I am a high school friend of Arrilla Webb-Vaul's and posted information I had on her a while back.
This is the time of year I think about her for obvious reasons. I am very interested in the DNA testing and very happy to see that she is still looked for.
I found another photo of her that might be of use, attaching it here. Maybe it will of use if you don't already have it.
View attachment 90611

Sent this to Nance too

I'm hoping that means they got a sample, it used to say tests incomplete. Just checked my email history with Nance, I contacted him May 28th and just now. I'm totally disgusted by the actions of some of the case workers lately. Very unprofessional not replying

I am a high school friend of Arrilla Webb-Vaul's and posted information I had on her a while back.
This is the time of year I think about her for obvious reasons. I am very interested in the DNA testing and very happy to see that she is still looked for.
I found another photo of her that might be of use, attaching it here. Maybe it will of use if you don't already have it.
View attachment 90611

Sent this to Nance too

Bumping and adding, Even though the hair color is off, I wonder why this UID hasn't ruled her out besides the hang up on processing the dna.
https://identifyus.org/cases/1879
Unidentified Female
◾Date of Discovery: November 5, 1980
◾Location of Discovery: Rapides Parish, Louisiana
◾Estimated Date of Death: 2 months to 1 or more years prior
◾State of Remains: Not recognizable - Near complete or complete skeleton
◾Cause of Death: Unknown

Physical Description
** Listed information is approximate

◾Estimated Age: 15-19 years old
◾Race: White
◾Gender: Female
◾Height: 5'0" to 5'5"
◾Weight: Unknown
◾Hair Color: Brown, shoulder-length.
◾Eye Color: Unknown

◾Distinguishing Marks/Features: Unfused metopic suture (fibrous joint, cranial suture between adjacent developing bones of the skull - this suture begins at nose and runs superiorly to meet sagittal suture and fuses in early childhood before all other cranial sutures).

◾Dentals: Available. Third molars are impacted. Amalgam fillings noted on teeth #3(O), 14(O), 19(OB) and 30(OB).
◾Fingerprints: Not available.
◾DNA: Available in CODIS.

Clothing & Personal Items
◾Clothing: A pair of gray cotton or wool socks were found near the remains.

◾Jewelry: Unknown

◾Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Case History

A hunter found the victim's partial skeletal remains, along with skeletal remains of a dog, in a wooded area off Nichols Cemetery Road, about a quarter of a mile off Highway 28 West near Gardner.

The dog had been shot. Investigators found who had shot the dog but did not know if the dog belonged to the victim. They were not able to establish the victim's cause of death, but do believe she was dumped at the location.

Investigating Agency(s)
If you have any information about this case please contact;

◾Agency Name: LSU FACES Lab
◾Agency Contact Person: Dr. Ginesse Listi
◾Agency Phone Number: 225-578-3906
◾E-Mail

◾Agency Name: Rapides Parish Sheriff's Department
◾Agency Contact Person: N/A
◾Agency Phone Number: 318-473-6700

◾Agency Case Number: LSU 80-05
◾NCIC Case Number: N/A
◾NamUs Case Number: UP #1879
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/65ufla.html
Timeline almost matches up and is a 3hr straight drive down a hwy from where she was last seen a little over a year later

Advocate - 04/25/79 & 04/23/83

TA - 042579.JPG

Attachments

• TA - 042383.JPG
    TA - 042383.JPG
    120 KB · Views: 32
I think Arrilla looks like Valentine Sally. Do you? http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/585ufaz.html
I don't see as strong a resemblance as I do to the Jane Doe found in Biloxi, MS, but I think every lead is worth looking into until we know for sure.

Advocate - 04/25/79 & 04/23/83

View attachment 113750
That article is a great find. I don't believe in coincidences that strong; I believe both Arilla and Ladoisha/Dodie were abducted by the same perpetrator using the same ruse. I can't see somebody who pulled off two such brazen abductions stopping after two unless he died or went to prison, so I think there may be more victims, possibly from other areas if the guy was somewhat transient.

I don't see as strong a resemblance as I do to the Jane Doe found in Biloxi, MS, but I think every lead is worth looking into until we know for sure.

That article is a great find. I don't believe in coincidences that strong; I believe both Arilla and Ladoisha/Dodie were abducted by the same perpetrator using the same ruse. I can't see somebody who pulled off two such brazen abductions stopping after two unless he died or went to prison, so I think there may be more victims, possibly from other areas if the guy was somewhat transient.

You're definitely not the only person to think so - if you search both names together, Arilla and Dodie are mentioned in some articles considering the timing and way the went missing. Dodie's body was sadly found 6 weeks after her disappearance, and as far as I know the perpetrator was never found. Very little out there, though.

You're definitely not the only person to think so - if you search both names together, Arilla and Dodie are mentioned in some articles considering the timing and way the went missing. Dodie's body was sadly found 6 weeks after her disappearance, and as far as I know the perpetrator was never found. Very little out there, though.
Do we know of any cases from other areas where the slashed tire ruse was used?

[h=3]Deputies searching Red River Parish for missing person[/h]
Bossier sheriff's deputies are assisting their Red River Parish counterparts in the search.

That is because it could be one of three people missing from Bossier Parish if the tip is accurate, a Bossier Sheriff's Office spokesman said.

The Bossier Sheriff's Office website lists these three people as missing:

• Clinton Devon Nelson, since Sept. 1, 2006,
  • Gregory A. Vice Jr., since March 21, 2000, and,
  • Arrilla Naomi Webb-Vaul, since March 17, 1979.
http://www.watchfox29.com/story/35970414/deputies-searching-red-river-parish-for-missing-person

[h=3]Where are they? BPSO rolls out missing persons campaign[/h]
14749861_G.jpg

According to a release, Bossier Crimestoppers will be running billboard messages about all three missing persons over the next couple of weeks. The three subjects are 23-year-old Arrilla Webb-Vaul, 23-year-old Gregory A. Vice, Jr., and 21-year-old Clinton Nelson.

“Someone has information that will help us bring closure to these families,” said Sheriff Whittington. “Please speak up, and give us a call.”
Arrilla Webb-Vaul

Arrilla Webb-Vaul has been missing since 1979.

Her last known whereabouts were when she dropped her husband off at K-Mart at Eastgate Shopping Center in Shreveport just before 6 p.m. that afternoon.

A few hours later, her vehicle was found at the foot of the Jimmie Davis Bridge in Bossier City. Her vehicle had a partially flat tire and had been slashed or punctured.
Witnesses at the scene said they saw her vehicle pull to the side of the road, and a white truck pulled up immediately behind her when a white male got out.
Arrilla’s personal belongings were found in the car, and she hasn’t been seen since.
She is 5 feet 1 inch, 100 pounds, has blonde hair and blue-gray eyes with a small mole on the right side of her nose. She was last seen wearing a purple dress and white high heel shoes.
http://www.watchfox29.com/story/36218142/where-are-they-bpso-rolls-out-missing-persons-campaign

Possibly https://identifyus.org/en/cases/6942? This Jane Doe was found on 11 September 1979 in Jefferson Parish and is believed to have died sometime between 1978 and earlier in 1979. She currently doesn't have DNA available but does have dentals, which Arrilla does not have available and her DNA status is still pending.

Do we know of any cases from other areas where the slashed tire ruse was used?

You know, that's possibly a promising thing to look into...
I haven't had time to do much looking, but there are a couple of much earlier cases out of California: Cindy Lee Mellin (Ventura, 20 January 1970, still missing), Rose Tashman (Hollywood, May 1969, found dead), and Ernestine Terello (Agoura, 20 April 1972, found dead) are the most similar.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ighlight=Cindy Mellin&p=13406777#post13406777

http://truecrimeguy.com/californias-good-samaritan-ruse/

What happened to the guy driving the white truck? Was he questioned?

What happened to the guy driving the white truck? Was he questioned?
I don't think LE ever identified the guy driving the white truck. I think it's presumed that he's the one who abducted and murdered Arrilla.

Possibly Unidentified Person Case? This Jane Doe was found on 11 September 1979 in Jefferson Parish and is believed to have died sometime between 1978 and earlier in 1979. She currently doesn't have DNA available but does have dentals, which Arrilla does not have available and her DNA status is still pending.

This could not be Arilla, because Bossier PD would have pulled her husband, Scott, in for an ID of the remains. They kept in touch over the years. I have not searched Arrilla in some time, so the news they have DNA is a surprise to me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back