GUILTY LA - David, 56, & Nicholas Pence, 25, murdered in their Metairie home, 22 April 2015

well one thing's for sure.........with this stone cold double murderer being 17, the death penalty is off the table....

a shame imo

just to be clear, these are their charges.....

http://www.theneworleansadvocate.com/news/12210984-148/live-updates-jefferson-parish-sheriffs

Allen is in Orleans Parish Prison. Jefferson Parish has placed a hold on him for two counts of First Degree Murder, according to the release.

Degruy was booked into Jefferson Parish Correctional Center with two counts of Accessory After the Fact to First Degree Murder and one count of Vehicle Burglary, according to the release.

Well I was really wrong. I would have bet the farm that the victims knew the murderers since just walking into a house and killing 2 people seemed impossible. Thank goodness they were apprehended quickly but I cannot imagine what the families must be going through.

I was wrong as well, I, too, thought the victims knew the killers. Random killings are not that common, IMO.

They came armed with a shotgun. IMO burglary may have been their stated purpose. But IMO at least one of them had an agenda.

They came armed with a shotgun. IMO burglary may have been their stated purpose. But IMO at least one of them had an agenda.

Considering the two arrested don't match the descriptions of the car thieves, I think there is much more to this story than has been released. If cops truly think it is a random crime, they should have been upfront with residents so they can take extra precautions for their safety.

JMO

I don't think there was any connection between the vicious killers and the victims. I think they were predators sniffing around for someone to shoot. JMO

Wow, not what I thought.

So this does appear to be random — at least, there's no apparent connection between the killers and the victims.

So the one was inside the house long enough to shoot both the victims and to steal some stuff. And he went in there after seeing the son go inside, so he went in knowing that there were people inside. Therefore, he went in knowing that he intended to kill the people inside.

That's evil. Just evil.

Wow, not what I thought.

So this does appear to be random — at least, there's no apparent connection between the killers and the victims.

So the one was inside the house long enough to shoot both the victims and to steal some stuff. And he went in there after seeing the son go inside, so he went in knowing that there were people inside. Therefore, he went in knowing that he intended to kill the people inside.

That's evil. Just evil.

Not what I thought either. I think the intent was to kill and the theft was an after thought. Why carry a shotgun in when planning to rob a place? Take a handgun, it's less awkward and it's not like you can stick a shotgun in your waistband while you're gathering up the goods. I could see it happening in an isolated rural area where the perp had plenty of time to take whatever he wants but in a close residential area? :notgood:

Elizabeth is so lucky that she did not hear the ruckus and come out to investigate. I guess 'lucky' is not really the right word--she probably wishes she was dead. For her poor daughter's sake I am glad she survived the nightmare.

I might sleep through or ignore the sounds of 'gunfire' coming from my livingroom if my son was home. He and his friends played lots of very very loud violent video games that sounded like there was a shootout in my home. She may have just tuned it out.

Not what I thought either. I think the intent was to kill and the theft was an after thought. Why carry a shotgun in when planning to rob a place? Take a handgun, it's less awkward and it's not like you can stick a shotgun in your waistband while you're gathering up the goods. I could see it happening in an isolated rural area where the perp had plenty of time to take whatever he wants but in a close residential area? :notgood:

The shotgun tells me they were looking to kill someone. That was the priority, imo.

what a lousy bunch of reporters....no questions???? although he did do a great job of summarizing everything.......but i have a question....
he said they recovered the 4 shells and they match the shotgun...what about the 5th?.....something about a rifle shot? versus a buckshot? confused.....i don't know much about shotguns.....help.....

Same here -- I was shocked when the reporters didn't ask questions. Wonder if it was pre-arranged where they were allowed to ask light questions (or none at all) while investigators finished tidying up the work for media?

When he mentioned the shot gun I was hoping for a broader explanation. My gun knowledge is far less than thin. This article has an update that helps. http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2015/04/metairie_double_murder_pence_a.html#incart_m-rpt-2

The article mentioned this in the fifth paragraph but was updated an hour ago, where it now appears toward bottom of page, so I am pasting a snippet quote from it in case it updates again.

Article quote from Andy Grimm, Times Picayune, Nola reporter:
A search of Allen's mother's house in St. Roch turned up items that appeared to have been taken in the car burglaries, and a black Mossberg pump-action shotgun that matched the four shell casings found in the Pences' living room, and a fifth casing remained in the chamber, Normand said.

With a Mossberg pump-action he didn't get the shots off very fast.

Elizabeth is so lucky that she did not hear the ruckus and come out to investigate. I guess 'lucky' is not really the right word--she probably wishes she was dead. For her poor daughter's sake I am glad she survived the nightmare.

I might sleep through or ignore the sounds of 'gunfire' coming from my livingroom if my son was home. He and his friends played lots of very very loud violent video games that sounded like there was a shootout in my home. She may have just tuned it out.

You know I hadn't considered that about video games but that is a good point.

the story has been updated.....i don't know if this tidbit is new, but it sure does make me sick.....allen wasn't so broken up about just murdering two people that he couldn't make sure he got out with at least an IPAD and IPHONE :furious:

http://wgno.com/2015/04/26/jpso-makes-arrests-in-metairie-double-murders-of-father-son/

JPSO Detectives said she then told them that Allen returned to the Highlander, retrieved a shotgun he had in the vehicle, he returned a short time later with the shotgun, and an I-Pad, and I-phone. He told her that he had killed someone and told her to drive away. They traveled then to his mother’s address.

How does this new info/arrest fit with the story the victim Nick's buddy told; that he went back to the "man cave" to pick up his inhalator within the 8 minute time window???

How is it possible that he didn't see or hear either the shooting? the killer? the killers car?
I mean, the killer not only shot 2 people, he also used time to find the ipad and iphone.

Rumor has it that he may have had info on the car that he gave to police.

the two arrested are 17 and just turned 18.........no significant criminal histories......
'he stated they are not sure if these two are the ones that took the car at gunpoint earlier, don't match the descriptions......

This still bothers me. The suspects didn't match the description of the carjackers who initially stole the car. I am concerned a third person or friend stole it and is somehow involved (still out there).

Wouldn't be surprised these two committed other crimes and are getting caught for first time.

How does this new info/arrest fit with the story the victim Nick's buddy told; that he went back to the "man cave" to pick up his inhalator within the 8 minute time window???

How is it possible that he didn't see or hear either the shooting? the killer? the killers car?
I mean, the killer not only shot 2 people, he also used time to find the ipad and iphone.

The article that Queen Bee linked to above says this:
He apparently told investigators that as he left the house he noticed a white SUV and its occupants acted suspiciously, driving through the neighborhood with the headlights of the SUV off.

So he went back for his inhaler, and as he was leaving, he saw the car driving with its lights off. Given what happened, I can certainly see why he wasn't identified publicly.

I have no idea how he managed to not hear the shotgun blasts. I don't know how the neighbors managed to not hear the shotgun blasts.

Oddly, it is possible to be near gunfire and still fail to recognize it.

A few months ago I was sitting on a front porch with a friend when I heard three loud gunshots, while she heard NOTHING. It was so weird. We speculated on why that happened... Most likely, it is because we were in a neighborhood she loves, feels safe in. Yet I wasn't comfortable there because it is close to a dodgy area. Even when relaxed, my mind was still alert & readily able to process the rapid gunshots that oddly escaped her attention.

David and Nicholas' friends and neighbors could have been in earshot of the gunfire but like my friend, if they heard any gunshots it may not have registered in their minds since they were in a safe neighborhood, in their comfort zone where sounds of gunshots do not typically exist. This is just a theory, speculation on my part... Sadly, they would probably hear it now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiphasGrace
Back